Danny G vs the Ghost Jan 23 PBC on FOX

I hate fighters like Guerrero. I don't hate Guerrero as a person, but I hate the type of fighter he is. Come forward, flat footed, slow with no punching power. It's like the worst combination. Guerrero has no power to keep anyone honest and he's very slow so he's basically like target practice.

If you're going to be the slow brawler, at least have some punching power.

He's pretty much a gatekeeper at this point. I bet Haymon will feed him to Errol Spence or Sammy Vasquez next.

I hate fighters like Guerrero. I don't hate Guerrero as a person, but I hate the type of fighter he is. Come forward, flat footed, slow with no punching power. It's like the worst combination. Guerrero has no power to keep anyone honest and he's very slow so he's basically like target practice.

He's pretty much a gatekeeper at this point. I bet Haymon will feed him to Errol Spence or Sammy Vasquez next.
He made garcia go weak in the knees a few times but i get your point

Last edited:
I can't believe Khan lost to Danny Garcia. There should be a rematch.

I can't believe Khan lost to Danny Garcia. There should be a rematch.
I agree on both counts. I always thought that this was the fight Khan should have gone after to prove he deserved a fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao, too.

The fight was decent/OK not great. Don't let the commentators gas you.

So you admit I invalidated your bullshit. Good we can agree that you're a fucking idiot, go take your horse shit somewhere else now sissy boi.

Admit what? Your argument is saying Haymon and Schaefer didn't work closely together as one to ensure Al got everything he wanted. That's flat out wrong.

Still waiting for those better resumes.

His biggest win was against Matthysse IMO. The Peterson fight was a toss up and was gifted against Herrera. He declined to fight Postol twice and moved up where he beat Paulie and Guerrero. Two shot fighters.

I'm assuming he takes on Thurman/Porter winner. He beats those guys and I'll start coming around. Don't think he's bad. Just think he's the product of carefully selected opponents.

Tim out works and out boxes Danny for a clear UD. Danny has power but doesn't throw combinations enough.

LOL... You must have forgotten that Bradley goes full retard at some point in every fight. Bradley has now power and Garcia throws an excellent 2-3 and 3-2 combination.

Garcias's power is being overrated. He doesnt have any impressive stoppages except for Khan (who is notoriously chinny). His power at 147 is average.

Garcias's power is being overrated. He doesnt have any impressive stoppages except for Khan (who is notoriously chinny). His power at 147 is average.

Who is overrating it. What they say?

His biggest win was against Matthysse IMO. The Peterson fight was a toss up and was gifted against Herrera. He declined to fight Postol twice and moved up where he beat Paulie and Guerrero. Two shot fighters.

I'm assuming he takes on Thurman/Porter winner. He beats those guys and I'll start coming around. Don't think he's bad. Just think he's the product of carefully selected opponents.
Completely avoiding the question. Who has a better resume than Swift?

If we want to shit on him for 2 close fights theres a long list of amazing fighters we can do that to as well.

Tim out works and out boxes Danny for a clear UD. Danny has power but doesn't throw combinations enough.
Tim is his own worst enemy in that fight imo. He is more talented but the guy does things in so many fights that leave you scratching your head.

And tbh, I dont think his beard is going to hold up much longer. Danny cracks him at some point and I dont see Bradley coming back from it or being able to avoid the follow up.

Who is overrating it. What they say?

Wand, a few posts above me, and a lot of other people in this thread and during PBC broadcasts comment on Garcia's power. His power is fine, but he's not a knockout artist by any means.

Got a lot of respect for guys like Guerrero. They dont have anything that makes them stand out other than a huge pair of balls. No real physical gifts outside of a strong will.

Wand, a few posts above me, and a lot of other people in this thread and during PBC broadcasts comment on Garcia's power. His power is fine, but he's not a knockout artist by any means.

I didnt see anyone claimimg he has Wilder type power or anything like that. They say he has power and I agree. I think he has above avg power. Fight changing power even. He has just enough to change peoples game plan mid fight. Danny has wear down and break down type power, not stop and drop power. IMO.

I didnt see anyone claimimg he has Wilder type power or anything like that. They say he has power and I agree. I think he has above avg power. Fight changing power even. He has just enough to change peoples game plan mid fight. Danny has wear down and break down type power, not stop and drop power. IMO.
He might, if he throws more punches. But he hasn't shown a lot of that lately, especially not at 147. Malignaggi was old and frail, and he said after the fight that Garcia doesn't have a lot of power for 147. Paulie just had nothing to offer. I'd be surprised if Danny ever lands a stoppage against a top 15 welterweight.

Got a lot of respect for guys like Guerrero. They dont have anything that makes them stand out other than a huge pair of balls. No real physical gifts outside of a strong will.
Well he was a huge LW, that was quite a physical gift. He lost all that size advantage when he moved up but was still able to outwork guys and has decent speed coming from the lower divisions.

You originally said "he fights no one" dumb shit. He fought Mathysse and Khan at 140 then Peterson at catch weight ALL of them were top guys at 140. THEN you said "only Haymon guys" ignoring that Mathysse was a GB fighter and that Top Rank had 2 good welterweights that arum wouldn't have fight outside of his banner.

So what's your knock... That he hasn't fought the top welter weights? No shit Sherlock, his dad said he wanted Danny to be careful changing divisions because he wanted him to have time getting used to the size difference and putting on the weight. Now he beat Guerrero and former champ and will fight winner of Porter/ Thurman.

You're one of these cry babies who complains about every fucking thing. Go back to WWE. BTW, besides Bradley and Brook (since Pac is retiring) there aren't any other good fighters at 147 not under the Haymon banner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely avoiding the question. Who has a better resume than Swift?

If we want to shit on him for 2 close fights theres a long list of amazing fighters we can do that to as well.

The Washington Redskins won the NFC East this year. Does that mean I should consider them good?

He had good wins against Khan and Matthysse. They sure as hell aren't great fighters. If we are talking resume at Jr WW then he is above them. Better than Tim? Not in my view and won't be better than Crawford.

Back