Danny G vs the Ghost Jan 23 PBC on FOX

curios to see what Floyd side of the story is.

Mansour bit down on his tongue and was choking on his own blood and thats why he quit. No broken jaw.

Well, he was saying he couldn't close his mouth.

curios to see what Floyd side of the story is.

Meh, Khan didn't get the Floyd fight because he was inactive against anyone with a pulse. Say what you want about Floyd but he usually fought guys coming off of big performances that made them seem like good opponents.

And lol at Khan saying he's a bigger name than Pacquiao. I so look forward to this delusional mouths next KO loss.

Meh, Khan didn't get the Floyd fight because he was inactive against anyone with a pulse. Say what you want about Floyd but he usually fought guys coming off of big performances that made them seem like good opponents.

And lol at Khan saying he's a bigger name than Pacquiao. I so look forward to this delusional mouths next KO loss.
Aside from Berto.

Actually Berto KO'd Josesito Lopez in his previous fight. He actually did look decent.
He did win by ko, but decent? He didn't throw anything but a jab for 3 rounds while being painted with combos.

He did win by ko, but decent? He didn't throw anything but a jab for 3 rounds while being painted with combos.
It was better than Khans stinker with Alexander.

I'm not defending the Berto fight, really. Just saying, Khan was one of the least deserving challengers out there.

Oh I would love that, actually. But that won't happen, Garcia will be kept away from Khan. They've spent too much time building towards the Thurman fight.

But Khan vs Garcia would be great.
It wont. Because when Danny knocks Khan's head to bolivian again all his critics will say Khan sucked and Danny had already beat him so it was a cherry picked fight. Bet the house on that.

Thurman beating Porter isn't a 100% sure thing, even though I ride with Keith all day.
Porter is going to beat Thurman in the most hideous uneventful fight in recent memory.

Its a toss up IMO

Porter sometimes just stands still looking lost and Thurman hasn't showed that he can adjust without relying on his power

Thurman/Porter will be a close fight that everyone will say was a robbery, no matter who wins it.

Porter is going to beat Thurman in the most hideous uneventful fight in recent memory.
Thurman via left hook destruction, baby!

Thurman/Porter will be a close fight that everyone will say was a robbery, no matter who wins it.

Agreed. A clash of personalities and a clash of styles that I don't quite like. Porter has to try and maul Thurman down, and nothing I've seen of Thurman makes me believe he can deal with that efficiently. Nothing I've seen of Porter makes me believe he has much of a chance of getting anything done on the outside against Thurman. A lot of clinching, a lot of complaining and scores all over the place. Hoping to be proved wrong.

I'm rooting for Porter. I don't really like watching him fight and Thurman occasionally shows you something special but that doesn't make him anymore likable. He's cringe worthy with his mannerisms and his carefully rehearsed boasting that he did after the Garcia - Guerrero fight. Like I don't remember him being hurt bad by body-shots by a rather shopworn, weak puncher in Collazo. Porter has been in tough at least. Thurman has impressed one time, when he beat Chaves because it looked like the first time he couldn't trade shots with a guy and had to resort to his boxing to create openings for his shots, instead of trading. Granted that Chaves previous opposition in Argentina probably isn't the best way to prepare for top American pro-prospects (and I don't know his amateur background), he's still looked pretty good with good fighters.

Back