Media Daniel Cormier: Islam Makhachev vs. Conor McGregor ‘makes all the sense in the world’

Will Conor McGregor elevate Islam to the next level in terms of star level?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Agreed brother
At the time, Conor just won 2 belts and went 10 rounds with Floyd. Although Khabib was the favorite, Conor was seen as a legitimate threat with insane striking.
The aura is gone now. Islam - Conor would still sell, but its not really compelling from a competitive stand point

Of course I'd still watch to see Conor get humiliated though
Nobody apart from the casuals thought he was a legitimate threat to Khabib and his aura disappeared the minute he gave up the RNC to Cabot Nate.

If Conor comes back and wins 2 fights in
a row then maybe.

Conor doesn't deserve to fight Islam, but I'll watch him get destroyed. Islam by SUB round 2.

two things:

1. conor doesn’t deserve a shot, and couldn’t win even if he did. if he wants a shot, he can earn it the old fashioned way by winning a streak of fights.

2. khabib, and pretty much the entire dagestani-sphere, had no appreciation for the way conor put khabib over. conor helped them build khabib into a star, but they chose to be petty and spiteful over pre-fight trash talk, because “how dare you talk about me and my stuff, infidel?” okay, well if that’s the attitude, maybe red panty night is too haram for this group. why should conor loan out his star power to another uncharismatic, ungrateful dagestani? if they want to build islam into a star, he can earn it the old fashioned way, one fight at a time.

basically, neither of them deserve the benefits of fighting each ither.

I'd love to see Connor chin Islam but at this stage it's not warranted and likely wouldn't and couldn't happen

Putting aside the wolf tickets / "superfight" shenanigans, this is a bad idea for Makhachev. He is wasting his prime not defending his belt against actual ranked lightweights.

DC has to be held accountable for his nonsense but since its just DC doing what the UFC wants fo brainwash the fans I just observe how is he going to even try to weave such a tale without giving up the fact its all about the money

Sure, makes sense for a guy who hasn't won a 155 fight in years, is 0-3 and has been finished in all 3 fights, and currently unranked in the division. Yeah why not. Cormier is an idiot. I think Jones not only took his soul but also his brain.

I almost feel like Islam might actually drop the ball, like try to play with fire and try to KO Conor, and get caught with something early instead of shooting for the legs straight away like Khabib did, he doesn't have the chin either.
It's a more winnable fight than Khabib, and Conor did well to survive into the 4th round, even considering the cheating

Shut up DC, this is the same guy that called Usman the goat after his second title defence, and said Izzy was a goat over Anderson

Back