Media Daniel Cormier: Islam Makhachev vs. Conor McGregor ‘makes all the sense in the world’

Will Conor McGregor elevate Islam to the next level in terms of star level?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love DC, but no it doesn’t. At all.

I love DC, but he's getting to the point of just talking bullshit to draw attention to himself.

Islam would destroy Conor in his prime, not whatever shadow of his former self he'll be whenever he fights again.

It makes all the dollars, but it damn sure doesn’t make sense.

Do you have any sense? It is nearly impossible to make any argument for anything that makes more sense than them fighting. So many basement dwellers here complain about fighters not getting paid enough so how is there any possibility of either guy making more money than they would for fighting each other?

Islam just obliterated Volk, the only guy with any reasonable challenge to him. Islam also destroyed Oliveira that proved to be a level above the other LW circle jerkers. UFC 300 is coming up and they need a huge headlining main event. Noone at LW has any reasonable ability to compete with Islam. Conor vs Islam for UFC 300 main event fits that bill much more than Mcgregor vs Diaz III.

Have been a fan of DC for years

But I really wish he'd shut the fuck up on this. He sounds like an idiot.

DC is a shameless shill and not a good guy, never understood him having a fan base.

Do you have any sense? It is nearly impossible to make any argument for anything that makes more sense than them fighting. So many basement dwellers here complain about fighters not getting paid enough so how is there any possibility of either guy making more money than they would for fighting each other?

Islam just obliterated Volk, the only guy with any reasonable challenge to him. Islam also destroyed Oliveira that proved to be a level above the other LW circle jerkers. UFC 300 is coming up and they need a huge headlining main event. Noone at LW has any reasonable ability to compete with Islam. Conor vs Islam for UFC 300 main event fits that bill much more than Mcgregor vs Diaz III.
Do you have any sense?!
Conor has not won a fight since January 2018. He is 1-3 through his last 4 fights and his lone win? A geriatric Cowboy Cerrone.
But yea, he should absolutely jump the line and fight for the title coming off of a horrific leg break, a 2 1/2 year layoff, and enough steroids to make Barry Bonds shake his head.
Great logic, dimwit.

How the f? This guy is twice the athlete conor is at this point. He might throw conor over the cage

It dosen't, at all. But I get it DC. Not only are you a paid UFC shill, but Islam is your boy so you want to see him get the bag too like Khabib did.

Conor jumping the line for a title shot is utter bullshit, nobody wants to see that except Conor nuthuggers. I’m all for it, but not for the title (Not like Conor has a chance beating Islam anyhow)

Conor only has 1 win since Obama was in office and it was Cerrone coming off 2 KO losses.

When dc says sense he means money. Is that hard to understand for some? and as it's prize fighting, what hes saying definitely makes sense

giphy.gif

conor first round ko
not fair for conor to embarrass khabib's boy after ending khabib's career
i know cormier want to hype his aka buddy up but conor is too much for the current lightweights
let conor worry about fighting people who might slightly pose a challenge to him like khamzat
How do I know you have an october 2023 account? You know, conor trolls are not even amusing anymore.

I mean, not that I care, but jesus dude, Conor is a human being, too. Have some compassion.

Ik Conor is Conor and will never need to put a streak together but 1 top 5 win to earn the shot would be nice.

1 top 5 win? how about just A WIN vs ANY UFC fighter. the only win he's had in the last 3 yrs was against the Miami Heat's mascot.

Back