Media Daniel Cormier being unprofessional ahead of UFC 294

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Daniel Cormier will be the color commentator for UFC 294. His job is to commentate the fights and be as objective as possible. DC just came out and said Islam took Volk lightly the first fight and won’t do that again in this fight. He completed dismissed Volk’s performance and is cheerleading for his friend. DC just showed his bias and he is going to ruin the broadcast with his fanboy antics. This is disgraceful.

“But when you hear Islam talk or you look at his posts on Instagram, Islam immediately says, ‘Thank you for taking the fight. Don’t use it as an excuse.’ I believe that in Fight 1, Islam might have overlooked the guy a little bit. I think he took him a little bit light because he expected to be able to finish him. I felt Makhachev fought a little bit too aggressively early. If you know Islam, you know that’s not the way that he fights. I thought he had this idea that he was going to finish him because he was smaller and he was surprised by how good Volkanovski is. I don’t imagine that’ll happen again this time.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023...erlooked-alexander-volkanovski-in-first-fight

It's his teammate and he's got some "insider" shit to say... nothing to see here.

Lol, what a bizarre thing to cry about.

"both guys will be confident going into this fight"

OMG, that is so unprofessional and biased to suggest they'll both be confident. If he doesn't tell me what I want to hear leading up to the fight, it'll ruin the viewing experience for me.

I think the weirder part was saying Islam fought aggressively the first time. He literally fought exactly the same and round 1 was extremely conservative.

Who gives a shit what DC says, let's rock.
url

I don't really watch fights for the commentating team.

I know what to expect from each of them.

Last edited:
You guys act like them giving their opinion is going to change yours. If it affects you that much hit the mute button. Everyone has bias, better to just never listen to perspectives!

Daniel Cormier’s bias goes back decades. N00bs don’t know this but Cormier’s nickname use to be “Black Fedor.” Fedor is a Russian fighter just like Islam and Khabib… DC could also stand for “Dagestani Commentator.”

Back