Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series (6 thru 8)

On Jamie Colleen semi big.
On Charles Byrd and Karl reed small.
On Hawaiian and grant very small.

I think Colleen will have the striking advantage, serviceable takedown defense, a lot of cage time in her 4 fights, and masters is not that good.

I'm honestly surprised she was -135. I think they got those odds incorrect. We'll see tomorrow though. Can't watch it live :(

Definitely a big difference from last week in the lines. I think it's justified though. Prob gonna hit Diaz and Reed while their odds stay decent. Hoping Masters moves into more dog odds.

On Jamie Colleen semi big.
On Charles Byrd and Karl reed small.
On Hawaiian and grant very small.

I think Colleen will have the striking advantage, serviceable takedown defense, a lot of cage time in her 4 fights, and masters is not that good.

I'm honestly surprised she was -135. I think they got those odds incorrect. We'll see tomorrow though. Can't watch it live :(

Honestly think Colleen will need more than serviceable TDD. I think there's a really good possibility Masters takes her down and at least outworks her.

Either way though I'm actually looking forward to that fight a lot. Colleen is a killer on the feet.

It seems Sherdog got the wrong Jaime Alvarez, it is suppose be Jamie Alvarez. How about Karl Reed, do they have the right Karl Reed? Only 1 pro fight?

Honestly think Colleen will need more than serviceable TDD. I think there's a really good possibility Masters takes her down and at least outworks her.

Either way though I'm actually looking forward to that fight a lot. Colleen is a killer on the feet.

Which fight/ Info makes you confident in her wrestling ground game?
I'm genuinely curious. Everything I saw was decent but her competition was bad.

I hit Alvarez and Colleen each to win 1u. Balking at Dawson because it hurts too much to bet against a Diaz from Stockton, haha

Which fight/ Info makes you confident in her wrestling ground game?
I'm genuinely curious. Everything I saw was decent but her competition was bad.

Technique wise, also the fact that she's been a wrestler since she was a child. I know there's not a lot to go on in general here, just my impression. I tend to think more highly of WMMA fighters like that with its takeoff still being somewhat new. I do know Colleen has a bjj background though, but I don't think her grappling has really been tested. She's only really fought other strikers.

after watching tape its hard to confident in any of these fights.. alot of flawed/one dimensional fighters on this card

Day is tempting if i knew its just going to be a standup fight but there is barely any footage on Alvarez if he has any ground game i guess Alvarez could easily win as Day looks super green on the ground and he does a ton of crazy spinning shit so should not be hard to take him down

Grant is tempting as i think he can get takedowns on Diaz and Diaz gasses but Grants standup sucks and he have never gone past round two so hard to know how his cardio is Grant also out for almost a year but he said in his interview he bascially been in camp for a year and he is only 23 so there might be massive improvements from him

thought Reed would be an easy bet just becourse of hwo he trains with and his background but after watching tape its hard to confident imo he looks kinda slow and his wrestling is not as impressive as i thought it would me.. need to watch more fights of his opponent but he looks bad and should be a favorable matchup for Reed

not touching anything atm maybe later after watching some more tape and see you guys oppinions

Grant is tempting as i think he can get takedowns on Diaz and Diaz gasses but Grants standup sucks and he have never gone past round two so hard to know how his cardio is Grant also out for almost a year but he said in his interview he bascially been in camp for a year and he is only 23 so there might be massive improvements from him

I actually might take Diaz as my biggest bet this card. Agree that Grant's standup sucks and he does have good wrestling, but he's also mostly fought canned opponents for someone who's 11-1. Diaz has fought and beaten much higher level comp than Grant has. Might not be a force in the UFC but he's tested and well rounded. We'll see how great Grant's takedowns actually are, but if Diaz can stuff them I see him beating him up on the feet.

I don't think Grant will show him anything he hasn't seen before. It's just whether or not he can handle it. And I can see someone with Grant's style getting frustrated and falling apart if he can't get him to the ground.

I know a few of these DWTNCS 6 fighters from AXS TV, Titan FC, KOTC and other promotions. So far from my memory and limited video watching I bet on Colleen -150, Byrd -210 and Reed -145 as favorites and Dawson +155 and Day +150 as underdogs. I am liking picking a side this week more than the over/unders all set at 1½ even on the women's strawweight fight.

I actually might take Diaz as my biggest bet this card. Agree that Grant's standup sucks and he does have good wrestling, but he's also mostly fought canned opponents for someone who's 11-1. Diaz has fought and beaten much higher level comp than Grant has. Might not be a force in the UFC but he's tested and well rounded. We'll see how great Grant's takedowns actually are, but if Diaz can stuff them I see him beating him up on the feet.

I don't think Grant will show him anything he hasn't seen before. It's just whether or not he can handle it. And I can see someone with Grant's style getting frustrated and falling apart if he can't get him to the ground.

agree with pretty much everything.. i favor Diaz too but if Grant gets to +180 or something i am taking a shot on him he looks quite a bit bigger and if he have some succes with takedowns early i could see Diaz gassing.. i know Diaz got the finish in r3 vs Gibson but he looked dead tired later in round 2 Gibson just gassed even worse he also looked very tired later in round 2 vs Toomer

So far on Colleen, Byrd, Dawson, and Reed. Undecided on Day/Alvarez.

Lines are out, so I am big on Alvarez here, semi on Diaz, over 1.5 for the reed fight. I might also hit Olson ml, and Wallace as well, not sold on Byrd and Reed is getting hyped up because he trains with Wonderboy. No chick bets, I stay away from wmma

Glad for the most part we're on the same picks.
Martin Day/ Alvarez is still a huge ? for me but I bet Day strictly for action and he was the dog.
His ground game is trash though but Frankie brought him in for the Yair camp so hopefully his TKD is good enough.
He's also a big Flyweight. Alvarez is too. 5'6 is usually a good height for flyweight...
They are 5'10 and 5'8 respectively.

I bet Grant mostly because he was the dog tbh.
I don't see the love for Diaz but if he won, I wouldn't be surprised MFers.
He's not a small featherweight but He's a skinny fat 5'10.
Grant is coming down from lightweight and is a thick 5'10.

I don't think Grant can finish Diaz but I think he can win on Athlesism, strength, and getting his grind on.
Cody Gibson did well taking him down but was inefficient with his energy.

If Diaz wins, I think it's a guillotine when Grant shoots in or piecing him up on the feet if Grant tires.
He's good with those chokes and that liver kick as he's a southpaw.

Glad for the most part we're on the same picks.
Martin Day/ Alvarez is still a huge ? for me but I bet Day strictly for action and he was the dog.
His ground game is trash though but Frankie brought him in for the Yair camp so hopefully his TKD is good enough.
He's also a big Flyweight. Alvarez is too. 5'6 is usually a good height for flyweight...
They are 5'10 and 5'8 respectively.

I bet Grant mostly because he was the dog tbh.
I don't see the love for Diaz but if he won, I wouldn't be surprised MFers.
He's not a small featherweight but He's a skinny fat 5'10.
Grant is coming down from lightweight and is a thick 5'10.

I don't think Grant can finish Diaz but I think he can win on Athlesism, strength, and getting his grind on.
Cody Gibson did well taking him down but was inefficient with his energy.

If Diaz wins, I think it's a guillotine when Grant shoots in or piecing him up on the feet if Grant tires.
He's good with those chokes and that liver kick as he's a southpaw.

Frankie brought in Day to copy the style of Yair, not for Day to learn TDD from Frankie. That was Frankie's camp, very unlikely Day learned any TDD defense from Frankie. Now if Frankie was in his camp getting him ready for this fight I would say ok it may be improved. BTW, Day says he got this fight on short notice and didn't have a training camp for this fight.

Frankie brought in Day to copy the style of Yair, not for Day to learn TDD from Frankie. That was Frankie's camp, very unlikely Day learned any TDD defense from Frankie. Now if Frankie was in his camp getting him ready for this fight I would say ok it may be improved. BTW, Day says he got this fight on short notice and didn't have a training camp for this fight.

Frankie brought him in for the Yair camp so hopefully his TKD is good enough.

TKD is Tae Kwon Do.

Alvarez is primarily a kick boxer from the limited tape that's out. I'm thinking it will be a stand-up fight so took the dog.

Thanks for the info about short notice. I'm betting .25U on Day. It's not a make or break fight either way. Sprinkled a little bit on the under but regret it as they're 125ers.

TKD is Tae Kwon Do.

Alvarez is primarily a kick boxer from the limited tape that's out. I'm thinking it will be a stand-up fight so took the dog.

Thanks for the info about short notice. I'm betting .25U on Day. It's not a make or break fight either way. Sprinkled a little bit on the under but regret it as they're 125ers.
Ah, I get ya. Alvarez has wrestling and subs, Mike brown is his wrestling coach. I think he is quite well rounded

Ah, I get ya. Alvarez has wrestling and subs, Mike brown is his wrestling coach. I think he is quite well rounded

I guess we'll see tonight. I don't doubt you but I have to see it to believe it. His sub wins in MMA have been against an 0-10 guy and an 0-2 guy.

He trains at a good camp so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and his sub loss was to a really really good pure grappler so I don't hold that against him.

Back