dana white - winner of shogun/gustaffson definitely gets title shot

da lama

White Belt
Reaction score
Once again, in the lead-up to a major mixed martial arts (MMA) event on FOX, White raised the stakes for certain fighters on the card at Thursday's UFC on FOX 5: "Henderson vs. Diaz" pre-fight press conference, promising a light heavyweight title shot to the winner of the night's co-main event between Mauricio Rua and Alexander Gustafsson.

"Look at the fights that Shogun has had -- his past two or three fights," White said. "This is definitely, there is no doubt about, he [Mauricio Rua] is the gatekeeper to that title. If Alexander can beat Shogun, he'd get the shot. If Shogun wins, he gets it. Unless some crazy shit happens

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/6/3...f-mauricio-rua-vs-alexander-gustafsson-gets-a

dana doing hendo and machida dirty lol

You'd think after a while he'd learn not to say the words "definitely gets the next title shot" until the ink is dry on the contract.

Dana holds grudges too long for the position he is in......smh

I don't see why not. He's been it hing to give Shogun a title shot since he lost the belt and Gus is someone new at least.

I'd say if Gus wins and Hendo loses, give it to Alex.

Vice versa: give it to Dan. I wanna see the two guys who haven't fought Jones have a crack first

BUT

If they both lose: Give it to Machida. He did better than Shogun against Jones.

If Hendo and Gus both win, give it to Hendo(he has less time in the sport and it was his shot to begin with). Let Gus fight another contender (Machida, Rashad, etc)

Shogun is the last guy I really wanna see fight Jones next because he looked worse against him.

If Chael wins against Jon, I wouldn't mind seeing him smash Rua though.

Thats what makes the most sense imo. But we know dollars>sense

Last edited:
Not happening. The new season of TUF hasn't even started and then Jones will fight Chael. Whoever wins tomorrow easily should be able to get another fight in.

dana says "unless something crazy happens" fans ignore it and say "but he said!' and get upset.

why is reading so hard?

Shogun wont be able to go a single round with Jones this time.
He's progressively gotten a bit worse,age&injury are to blame.
Gus is just too young.He just got by Thiago.Who else has he beaten of note?
The whole title shot has just become about money and paydays.

Shogun wont be able to go a single round with Jones this time.
He's progressively gotten a bit worse,age&injury are to blame.
Gus is just too young.He just got by Thiago.Who else has he beaten of note?
The whole title shot has just become about money and paydays.

This, regarding a fight against Jones, is just :icon_lol:

Right, DW has never recanted anything like this.

i do not care to see jones va shogun again

Same. that fight was just too one sided. I dont think Shogun has really improved much since then either. Was there even a point where he wasn't getting dominated?

At least Machida won a round, Rashad won one or two, and we haven't seen what Dan or Alex can do against Jon yet.

Shogun is the least appealing fight for Jones out of the group imo

If Jones beats Chael and Shogun wins, I just feel like making this fight is a huge waste of time -with all due respect to Rua.

I really don't think Shogun is interested in a title shot

isn't jones stuck in tv land? then he has a fight with Chael? by then these guys will be retired.

Back