Dana White: "Ngannou Took The Last Two Weeks Off To Go To France; Nobody Knew Why He Did It"

Because a lot comes down to perceived superiority and charisma. Stipe is not charismatic, he is a cadaver on the mic. And he has a lot of KOs but also losses. He has been around for a long while, so it is not as if he was the fresh new dominant thing. He is in a hot streak, but stars are built from more.

He also needs a genuine nemesis for narrative.
I agree with this, although it's a shame.
After his appearance on JRE I really like him.
Glad he won tonight

Dana keeps embarrassing himself haha if Francis was brazilian people would be screaming USADA

Well, he has no idea what he's doing on the ground. Literally a few months of a solid camp and he'd have a much better idea as to what to do from those positions.

People train years and you think a couple of months will work...

Want to see Ngannou vs Werdum next

People train years and you think a couple of months will work...

Want to see Ngannou vs Werdum next

I think I've been pretty clear - even in this thread - that I don't think he'd be remotely ready for Werdum on the ground. So no, I would not match him with the most dangerous heavyweight in MMA history on the ground next.

I don't think you lose much speed or explosiveness by leaning out a bit and becoming less hulking and more athletic. The only thing you lose is power, but I think he's got natural power and lots to spare. Less hulking almost always equals more speed.

Agreed

if he reduced his power bar to let's say 87 he could easily have speed and endurance stats ranging from 85-90

His magic stats are in the high 90s though if he cast a fire spell on Miocic in round 2 he could have softened him up.

The Red Queen™ was embarrassed and Alpha'd in front of his own hometown.

R0UhK.png
My friends and I were arguing about that bald guy and whether or not he is Don Frye with his head shaved. From this picture it’s obvious he’s not but watching live as Stipe made his way to the ring he was a dead ringer

Francis was never my friend.

I don't know that much about his camp outside of a few puff pieces. Any camp that would put that corner out there, though, I have my doubts.
Dunno what they were saying
Also we dint know what the plan was
Also no point getting too fired up when ur guy needs to relax and catch a 2nd wind

Oh it was real. The problem was there was no footage of him working on how to get up from his back. I’ve been in amazing cardio shape before but after spending a minute or two in the clinch, my arms felt like jello. Francis isn’t training with anyone that’s making him work, and doing rounds of wrestling to get him used to that kind of fatigue. Clinch Work completely drains your energy. Trying to muscle your way back up when you have an experienced grappler on you is even worse.

I have no doubt he was putting in tons of work, he just wasn’t putting in the work he needed against a guy like stipe.

True. Ive been in amazing muay thai shape going to Thailand. Only to get a reality check after the very first clinch session against thais.

I don't see anything suspicious here, Francis just went to give his ol' teammates a visit! They know all about... uh... getting in shape! Screen shot 2018-01-15 at 5.58.20 PM.png Screen shot 2018-01-15 at 5.59.13 PM.png Screen shot 2018-01-15 at 6.08.11 PM.png Screen shot 2018-01-15 at 5.58.29 PM.png Screen shot 2018-01-15 at 5.59.21 PM.png

Back