Dana Says He Doesn't Know If Conor Will Ever Fight Again = scare tactic to lowball Nate an offer

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Dana Says He Doesn't Know If Conor Will Ever Fight Again = scare tactic to lowball Nate an offer, so he would accept a fight against Conor at a cheaper asking price...

"before It's too late!"... right? Lol!

Simple negotiation tactic.

Conor is making too much money to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Don't believe Dana White's lies. He is simply using his old negotiation tactics.

If you're not confident that your LW Champion will fight again, why is he still the champion??

Might be giving Dana too much credit here. Not sure if he's that's smart.

I thought it was a scare tactic to get TFurg to take a fight other than waiting on Conor to you know, unify the belts...

dana and the people around him are Infinitely smarter when It comes to business than most idiots seem to think.

a lot of shit he says to the media Is a sort of strongarm negotiatiion tactic. They play dirty.

I thought it was a scare tactic to get TFurg to take a fight other than waiting on Conor to you know, unify the belts...

That too.

It is no secret that the UFC want to protect Connor from T Ferg and Khabib.

If it's ANYTHING close to a "scare tactic", it's to make McGregor think the UFC, and by it's extension it's fans, are ready to move on. If anything other than money is going to make McGregor feel the need to fight again, it's gonna be the thought that people have stopped caring about him.

He should just offer him a title shot he hasn't earned. He will show up for that.

I think it's both literally true and a negotiation tactic. I really have no idea where Conor's head is at now that he's unbelievably rich. With a little bit of self control and smart investing he and the next few generations of his family are set. There is no material reason to get punched in the head again.

It's more a tactic to get Tony to fight Khabib. Then once booked. Book the Nate fight and say those guys are tied up. Or even better for UFC Khabib wins and Conor is scott free because Conor has "pull out merchant" excuse ready, not to mention Khabib can't fight months before and months after ramadan. Like 6 months of the year Khabib is unable to fight and thats if he's healthy. Conor can book all sorts of fights during that time.

Nate, Boxers, Refs, Swimmers anything but defend against killers he stepped over.

Meltzer already said Conor and the UFC agreed on a deal for the Ferguson fight then Conor changed his mind and wanted more money.

It's possible.

White has made a habit of looking like an idiot and a liar in the media as a negotiation tactic (IE: $25,000,000 offer to Floyd Mayweather for the McGregor fight, "that's a REAL offer").

Don't make much sense Tony just got his belt Conor's best before date for defending as passed Conor needz to fight or be stripped. The UFC would love for Tony to take another fight gives them wiggle room to sneak in a fight for Conor. Problem is Tony as a belt that says I'm next...

Last edited:
It's more a tactic to get Tony to fight Khabib. Then once booked. Book the Nate fight and say those guys are tied up. Or even better for UFC Khabib wins and Conor is scott free because Conor has "pull out merchant" excuse ready, not to mention Khabib can't fight months before and months after ramadan. Like 6 months of the year Khabib is unable to fight and thats if he's healthy. Conor can book all sorts of fights during that time.

Nate, Boxers, Refs, Swimmers anything but defend against killers he stepped over.

This is also great point.

Ferguson should wait it out until either Conor has to defend against him or the UFC strips the belt from Conor and give it to him.

Back