Dana Says He Doesn't Know If Conor Will Ever Fight Again = scare tactic to lowball Nate an offer

lol it's obvious you're the one who needs therapy here. You're a very bitter soul
View attachment 305795
so you think I´m dana only because i think just like grwon ups do?

sick of mr nobodies insulting people who are more accomplished than their sorry asses

also, i see you are searching my posts on different topics and keep analyzing me....

i got bad news for you: I´m married and happy

so go find another stud for to satisfy your rectal desires, because here you´ll find nothing

Dana playing nice with the man that made the most money for the UFC this year. Dana would be ok with another boxing match, big $$$$. He doesn't give a shit about Ferguson or that belt. No pressure on Conor.

so you think I´m dana only because i think just like grwon ups do?

sick of mr nobodies insulting people who are more accomplished than their sorry asses

also, i see you are searching my posts on different topics and keep analyzing me....

i got bad news for you: I´m married and happy

so go find another stud for to satisfy your rectal desires, because here you´ll find nothing
lol wow take your own advice & seek therapy

I think it's both literally true and a negotiation tactic. I really have no idea where Conor's head is at now that he's unbelievably rich. With a little bit of self control and smart investing he and the next few generations of his family are set. There is no material reason to get punched in the head again.
Thats why Dana and the UFC are idiots. It makes me feel like the Fertittas were more the reason for UFC's success then I previously thought. If I was Dana and Conor came to me wanting to fight Floyd I would have said no. When threatened with the Ali Act and a lawsuit I would have said here is the only way I agree.

Here are the assumptions I have made. Conor stood to make $100M, Conor still owed UFC 3 fights on his current contract. Based on that I would say "Conor you have 2 choices. First is fight us in court to get out of your exclusive contract. Our lawyers will drag out the preceedings as long as possible. Assuming you win, which isn't a given it will be at least 2 years with you not fighting, not the UFC champion since you will be stripped and assuming Floyd is still wanting the fight you could get your fight. Not a guarantee at all but could happen. Second choice is we are your promoter and you stand to get $100M. Here is how it pays out. Your purse for the fight is $25M, the other $75M is paid out 3 instalments as you fulfill the fights owed on your contract. You get your UFC money for your fights with all bonuses as stipulated and $25M as well. Should you for any reason not fulfill your 3 remaining fights as per the contract that "Bonus" money is no longer paid and is now the UFC's. If I simply "Let you fight Floyd" then you likely never fight in MMA again. That's the deal. Gamble that you might make money in boxing in a few years from now if you win a court case that will cost you a lot of money in the meantime or accept this deal and get your $100M for sure. What do you choose Option 1 or 2? You decide by X date or we strip you of your UFC title and we move forward. You are the biggest single draw in the company but the UFC existed before you and will carry on after you are gone."

Thats why Dana and the UFC are idiots. It makes me feel like the Fertittas were more the reason for UFC's success then I previously thought. If I was Dana and Conor came to me wanting to fight Floyd I would have said no. When threatened with the Ali Act and a lawsuit I would have said here is the only way I agree.

Here are the assumptions I have made. Conor stood to make $100M, Conor still owed UFC 3 fights on his current contract. Based on that I would say "Conor you have 2 choices. First is fight us in court to get out of your exclusive contract. Our lawyers will drag out the preceedings as long as possible. Assuming you win, which isn't a given it will be at least 2 years with you not fighting, not the UFC champion since you will be stripped and assuming Floyd is still wanting the fight you could get your fight. Not a guarantee at all but could happen. Second choice is we are your promoter and you stand to get $100M. Here is how it pays out. Your purse for the fight is $25M, the other $75M is paid out 3 instalments as you fulfill the fights owed on your contract. You get your UFC money for your fights with all bonuses as stipulated and $25M as well. Should you for any reason not fulfill your 3 remaining fights as per the contract that "Bonus" money is no longer paid and is now the UFC's. If I simply "Let you fight Floyd" then you likely never fight in MMA again. That's the deal. Gamble that you might make money in boxing in a few years from now if you win a court case that will cost you a lot of money in the meantime or accept this deal and get your $100M for sure. What do you choose Option 1 or 2? You decide by X date or we strip you of your UFC title and we move forward. You are the biggest single draw in the company but the UFC existed before you and will carry on after you are gone."

Good points.

That's nice but you are leaving out a bunch of issues that make your conclusions off base. After winning the LW belt he had already become so rich and such a big celebrity that he didn't need the UFC. He could fight anywhere in the world and it would sell big, and even if WME could keep him from fighting globally somehow he could do other things like WWE and movies for big paydays. Even if those were a limited thing as long as he managed his money decently he would never need to work again.

In addition Lorenzo helped make the McGregor vs. Mayweather fight happen.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/...lorenzo-fertittas-role-in-mayweather-mcgregor

Also since WME has bought the UFC PPV sales have plummeted. They may not need Conor to survive, but not having him around to promote hurts them more than it hurts Conor, 100 million or no 100 million.

That's nice but you are leaving out a bunch of issues that make your conclusions off base. After winning the LW belt he had already become so rich and such a big celebrity that he didn't need the UFC. He could fight anywhere in the world and it would sell big, and even if WME could keep him from fighting globally somehow he could do other things like WWE and movies for big paydays. Even if those were a limited thing as long as he managed his money decently he would never need to work again.

In addition Lorenzo helped make the McGregor vs. Mayweather fight happen.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/...lorenzo-fertittas-role-in-mayweather-mcgregor

Also since WME has bought the UFC PPV sales have plummeted. They may not need Conor to survive, but not having him around to promote hurts them more than it hurts Conor, 100 million or no 100 million.
Promotional contracts such as UFC, WWE etc are exclusive and Pro Wrestling would be explicitly excluded. A major part of Conor's appeal to casuals is being a UFC champion. Imagine if he never came to the UFC and was a Bellator 2 division champion. Still think Conor becomes the "Star" he has? thats why UFC is owed those 3 fights and the right to make money off of Conor's notoriety. He didn't build it himself. Imagine if Rhonda Rousey wasn't UFC champion but was Bellator BW champion. Is she still making movies, Ellen Appearances etc?

Having several million and having $100 Million is quite different. I think it would have happened but who knows. UFC has given in to Conor way too much and now they are going to feel the impact.

Edit** I also don't see Conor as promoting the UFC but only himself. In fact he seems to have had the affect of taking all attention away from the UFC in general and focusing it all on himself. He sells more than any other single fighter but as you pointed out the UFC as a whole is selling less. Its like if you owned a car dealership with 10 sales people selling 20 cars a month each that is 200/month. Add a new guy who sells 70/month himself but the other 10 drop to 10 per month. Now total sales is 170/mo so is the Superstar who sells 70/mo an asset or an albatross?

Last edited:
Back