Media Dana is out here paying "backstage bonuses" to MMA "journalists"

It looks a bit childish and unprofessional, but it’s no big deal , it’s not like he put him on the payroll to corrupt his opinion indefinitely
Yup, that's about how it works. People go up to other people and go "If you are willing to be corrupt, I will offer you this money as a bribe, with the specific intent that you are favorable to me." That's how the system breaks down.

Lol notice how she instantly gets super emotional and refuses to acknowledge why that might be an issue

That's all Kaplan does.

Get super emotional about literally nothing.

One of the most defensive 'personalities' in MMA media.

But isn't she a photographer? I always thought she was.

Who gives a fuck you drama queen
Is this how we're responding? So can I just say fuck you, you piece of shit? Since it's equally just an insult with nothing substantive with it?

I think the point you missed was the fighter that's getting dragged, not just the little media tiff.

I love how she makes it personal at the end after she tried to play it out like it was just no big deal, lighthearted fun... and even unintentionally dragged her boss into this mess by trying to make it out like it was all chill...

Dude handled it rather professionally while she kept trying to make it personal. He even had to say it's not personal, just a matter of media company policy.

Can never win arguing with Karens. She ended up making her entire company look unprofessional in the process, but as long as she wins the argument, it's a-ok for her. hah
This.

She immediately made it personal because she was trying to deflect from accountability and a legitimate criticism.

Last edited:
You think *she’s* the Karen?
If you're arguing for her, I can guaran-fucking-tee it.

When Dana stood up to get $100 out of his wallet, his fly was open.

The abuser tried to flash everyone too? Fuckin hang him

Its not a big deal at all but that's because MMA "journalism" is amateurish and therefore we don't expect them to have any professional standards.
People will always lower themselves to dip below even the most minimal expectations. Being trash doesn't excuse expecting trash.

There's a few media members I wouldn't mind giving a backdoor bonus to.

FWnLmIDXoAE032P.jpg

Back on topic;
Today I learned Scott Fontana is giant pussy.

V0AdRb.gif

Wow you're guys are very sensitive here. What a piece of shit journalist, right? How dare she taking money? It's such a big deal.

So were all not supposed to accept money from anyone who's done something wrong or that we disagree with?

For example, I got hit by a car by a person who was distracted by their cell phone. Should I never accept money by a person who's caused damage or injury by distracted drivers? Where does this type of reasoning start and end?
I know that you get off on being fucking stupid as a gimmick, but does the idea that one of those is due compensation not rattle a brain cell loose or anything for you?

Do any of you guys know how lobbying works?

you’re upset about $100 potentially affecting a shitty media outlet. Meanwhile corporations are literally bribing politicians with millions and destroying our country for their own economic gain.

the things people choose to get upset about…smh
You're right, genius. I have only been upset about the $100, and I have always turned a blind eye to corporate bribes. I only have a limited amount of care to give about things, so I made the conscious decision to make it this, since I can't do both.

I'd accept good arguments, but the lot of you in this thread are fucking brainless.

I love how she makes it personal at the end after she tried to play it out like it was just no big deal, lighthearted fun... and even unintentionally dragged her boss into this mess by trying to make it out like it was all chill...

Dude handled it rather professionally while she kept trying to make it personal. He even had to say it's not personal, just a matter of media company policy.

Can never win arguing with Karens. She ended up making her entire company look unprofessional in the process, but as long as she wins the argument, it's a-ok for her. hah

This.

She immediately tried to make it personal because she was trying to deflect from accountability and a legitimate criticism.

He was the one who immediately made it personal by referring to her as a "media member". You guys understand that he was insulting her by questioning her ability and credentials here, right?

Then he tried to fall back on it not being a policy that his company would allow. Why didn't he just say that in the first place instead of the childish quote nonsense? He knew exactly what he was doing. He wanted to be condescending.

Regardless, it doesn't matter what his company's policy is on that sort of thing. Other company's don't have to abide by that. And fucking lol at some universal journalistic guidelines of integrity this guy was trying to fall further back on. That shit doesn't actually exist outside of university. It never has.

This girl is known for being whiney and provocative, but he's even more of a fuckwit karen in this case.

It looks a bit childish and unprofessional, but it’s no big deal , it’s not like he put him on the payroll to corrupt his opinion indefinitely
Some Sherdoggers broke enough to swear a blood oath to you for a fuckin Benjamin apparently lmao.
The pearl clutching over this by "journalists" is just pathetic.
Non-story. These aren't 'journalists' and $100 doesn't corrupt anyone.
This

Zero pushback on the fact that the UFC is pressuring Aljo to fight injured in what would be his fourth fight in 16 months, but they're happy to play kiss ass for a $100 bonus.

This sport is a clown show.

FwoFX2UXsAE8vpy

FwoFX_iWwAIOmV0

FwoFX_iWwAIOmV0

FwoFYMfWwAIQTJg
women vs accountability

Regardless, it doesn't matter what his company's policy is on that sort of thing. Other company's don't have to abide by that. And fucking lol at some universal journalistic guidelines of integrity this guy was trying to fall further back on. That shit doesn't actually exist outside of university. It never has.
"ethics are compromised all the time so they're useless."

What's the big deal? Ariel Helwani took multiple paychecks directly from the UFC while working for Fox Sports, probably totally in the tens of thousands of dollars or more, and according to many Sherbros he's the media member with the most journalistic integrity. Taking 100 bucks from the goof over a throwaway bet means absolutely nothing.
ariel helwani is a terrible journalist (if he even considers himself as such) who is widely renown for his lack of integrity.

It's not a big deal. It's just for answering a question. It's not like Dana pulled out the big guns and gave her a hot dog brander.

people acting like he just gave one woman a 100 bucks one time, and that this isn't emblematic of something way worse.

It doesn't seem to be a big deal if it was done in public.

If he's giving out money behind the scenes, then that sounds like bribery.

Back