Media Dana is out here paying "backstage bonuses" to MMA "journalists"

Women sell out so fast thats why they are gold diggers

Makes me hate this Amy Fangirl even more. She claims to be a domestic violence victim, and yet has no issues taking money from a wife beater while she's wearing a press badge that says she's a reporter. Fucking upside down world we live in
So were all not supposed to accept money from anyone who's done something wrong or that we disagree with?

For example, I got hit by a car by a person who was distracted by their cell phone. Should I never accept money by a person who's caused damage or injury by distracted drivers? Where does this type of reasoning start and end?

How the fuck is this an issue?

It was a harmless joke. It wasn't like he just handed her 10k or something lol. $100 isn't going to make a difference to her or Dana. It's sure as fuck not going to influence her work in regards to Dana and the UFC.

This Scott Fontana guy seems like an obnoxious fuckwit. Says it wasn't a question of their worths and yet he insulted her and questioned her whole credentials in his very first tweet lol.

And lol at going on about journalistic guidelines. These 100% change all across that industry, but because his company does something a certain way, everyone else who doesn't aren't "media members".

This girl is a bit of a proven fuckwit as well though, so there's that lol.

I think people are missing the point that taking 100 dollars for answering a question right isn’t the same as being on the payroll of somebody. The latter compromises your journalistic integrity while the former does not automatically result in the same thing.

Also, a lot of weird woman bashing in here. Like r/Neckbeards worthy levels of weird takes on women. Who hurt you boys

I think people are missing the point that taking 100 dollars for answering a question right isn’t the same as being on the payroll of somebody. The latter compromises your journalistic integrity while the former does not automatically result in the same thing.
It's an obvious breach of very basic journalistic ethics.

The clown show aspect of the sport is for it to happen in such a public way, for the person taking the money to be so defensive about it and for some a variety of morons not seeing as any kind of issue.

Of course the usual Sherdog misogyny is clouding some responses but the substance of the issue is whats important.

It's an obvious breach of very basic journalistic ethics.

The clown show aspect of the sport is for it to happen in such a public way, for the person taking the money to be so defensive about it and for some a variety of morons not seeing as any kind of issue.

Of course the usual Sherdog misogyny is clouding some responses but the substance of the issue is whats important.

alright, this is a pretty decent take on it, so I’ll bite.

why do you think it’s a breach of journalistic ethics?

Just a couple click bait commandos measuring dicks over the internet to see who is more righteous.

his normal

alright, this is a pretty decent take on it, so I’ll bite.

why do you think it’s a breach of journalistic ethics?

She's accepting a financial gift from the most senior figure of the biggest company in the sport she covers - flat out you cannot do this.

I've seen the video and obviously she answers the Q and doesen't have to make a big deal then but she cannot keep the money. She can tell the UFC PR person to give it back to Dana with thanks or she can take it and drop it in a charity bucket but when she accepts that money for her own personal use its massive breach of ethics - you can't accept frivolous payments from someone you cover in that way.

People are going on about how it hardly matters because its not much money but it is worth remembering that a lot journalists earn jackshit and really if it were neither here or there to her why would she be so clearly keen to hold onto it?

She's accepting a financial gift from the most senior figure of the biggest company in the sport she covers - flat out you cannot do this.

I've seen the video and obviously she answers the Q and doesen't have to make a big deal then but she cannot keep the money. She can tell the UFC PR person to give it back to Dana with thanks or she can take it and drop it in a charity bucket but when she accepts that money for her own personal use its massive breach of ethics - you can't accept frivolous payments from someone you cover in that way.

People are going on about how it hardly matters because its not much money but it is worth remembering that a lot journalists earn jackshit and really if it were neither here or there to her why would she be so clearly keen to hold onto it?

You obviously cannot keep 'gifts' as a reporter and expect to report news without bias. Journalism thinks this is a big deal enough for them to teach about it in journalism school, and also most media outlets enforce such a policy that you cannot keep 'gifts' like this.

The guy isn't making the rules. He's pointing out something obvious in his industry.

The fact that people on here are saying that he's on a high horse for following company protocol is mind boggling.

What a geek talking shit to her publicly about fucking 100 dollars. Like wow, 100 dollars, big deal.

The $100 media corruption scandal that rocked the nation!

riveting!

Fair points. I’ll ask you this- do you think taking a hundred dollars from him would stop her from reporting anything that casts the ufc in a negative light?

is it equatable to somebody receiving information and conspiring on how to report it like this:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/nfl...l-insider-caught-exchanging-emails-dan-snyder

Do any of you guys know how lobbying works?

you’re upset about $100 potentially affecting a shitty media outlet. Meanwhile corporations are literally bribing politicians with millions and destroying our country for their own economic gain.

the things people choose to get upset about…smh

What's the big deal? Ariel Helwani took multiple paychecks directly from the UFC while working for Fox Sports, probably totally in the tens of thousands of dollars or more, and according to many Sherbros he's the media member with the most journalistic integrity. Taking 100 bucks from the goof over a throwaway bet means absolutely nothing.
It's all problematic , but I was just thinking of this.

People should be consistent and call out people like Luke Thomas who take paychecks directly from Showtime, a fight promoter. To be fair though I don't believe he'd call himself a journalist.
I mean that's how most of this stuff operates, it's entertainment, and commentary for the most part in the MMA media sphere, not "journalism".

Back