Dana in his happy days ...

<DCrying>

Love him or hate him, He is an iconic figure in this sport and we will have huge hole in our hearts once he is gone. I personally like him because he isn't just a nice guy who conducts everything in professional way. It makes him more human, and therefore so much more interesting.

Yeah i hope he stays around another 10 years

<DCrying>

Love him or hate him, He is an iconic figure in this sport and we will have huge hole in our hearts once he is gone. I personally like him because he isn't just a nice guy who conducts everything in professional way. It makes him more human, and therefore so much more interesting.

Yeah i hope he stays around another 10 years

Conor
Khabib
Joanna as champ again
Cyborg
TJ will be 2 weight class champ
Mike Perry!!!!

Will save this year!

His biggest asset is also the cause of his hard dealings with other stars.

But this has always been the natural trend in sports. Once you start making money eventually the athletes want more. It takes time but I think we are with in 5 years of some sort of strike/fighters coming together to form some type of association/union.

Lets us hope nog

20180121_073223.jpg

Every fighter has fans. It's a matter of how many fans are willing pay to watch him fight. His PPV numbers are varied starting from 150k to 250K which are all hardly doing well.

Yes you can argue that his PPVs don't sell well, but that's not always an accurate way to gauge how popular a Fighter can be or is. If he regularly does 150 to 250K that in it of itself is way more than Nunes is able to draw. The only reason Nunes vs Tate did over a million buys was because of how heavily promoted it was plus Brock Lesnar, DC, Erik Silva, Jose and Edgar, that's a stacked card. Which brings me to my next point.

Max Holloway's PPV' don't always do well because of a lack of promotion, and his sometimes weak undercard, I mean do you see his 222 Card? Who the fuck are half these people, Max Holloway like any other fighter would benefit from an overall stacked card and good promotion.

You'd think if Max and his win streak were nearly as promoted as Francis and his Knock Out power, he'd get close to 500k or 750k buys. But none of Max's victories and accomplishments are nearly as promoted as Mr. Ford Escord. He's on a 12 fight win streak, and has back to back victories over the once dominant Champion Jose Aldo, where's the mention of that? Francis KO's chinny Overeem and he's built up like a Superstar, Max finishes Jose Aldo twice and there's not a peep from Dana.

You can't point the finger at the fighter when the promoter has all the ability to help certain stars draw, and where Dana saw value in N'Gannou and not Holloway is not Max's fault that his PPV's don't do well. If the machine was behind him and started promoting his fights, and his opponents, it would create more buzz, and this could be said for a lot of Champions and fighters but I've never seen someone else besides DJ, that constantly goes out there and dominates but never gets the right promotion.

Max Holloway has a good connection with the fans, they like to hear him talk, he's got a unique style and personality, and while you can argue that it's dorky, he clicks really well with the casuals and has the respect of the hardcore fans. He's a star, but the UFC isn't putting as much promotion into him as they could.

You'd think if Max and his win streak were nearly as promoted as Francis and his Knock Out power, he'd get close to 500k or 750k buys.

Max Holloway has a good connection with the fans, they like to hear him talk, he's got a unique style and personality, and while you can argue that it's dorky, he clicks really well with the casuals and has the respect of the hardcore fans. He's a star, but the UFC isn't putting as much promotion into him as they could.

{<jordan}

Max is not doing well in terms of PPV number because of his boring personality and unattractive physical appearance. Two of things that no marketing can do anything about.

Are you seriously claiming Max would do Jones ~ GSP number if he were pushed by good marketing ?

{<doc}{<doc}

Last edited:
{<jordan}

Max is not doing well in terms of PPV number because of his boring personality and unattractive physical appearance. Two of things that no marketing can do anything about.

Are you seriously claiming Max would do Jones ~ GSP number if he were pushed by good marketing ?

{<doc}{<doc}

Responding with constant Michael Jordan gifs and two sentences is supposed to show what exactly? Your amazing debating skills? Is this why you were Yellow Carded before? Because all you do is talk down to people and think you're "winning" the argument not with rebuttals point for point, but with exaggerative claims, and one to two sentences followed by Gifs? Good talks bro.

Never once did I say he would do GSP Jones numbers, I said he would make it to at least 500k if not more with a stellar card, which is not out of the realm of possibility, but since I'm talking to a genius, I guess this is where I insert a gif <GSPWoah>Am I winning the debate? I think I am.

Lol, ggs man.

Jones - neverland
Gsp - grab n' go
Lesnar - fake wrestling
Conor - limbo
Rousey - exposed
Ngannou - derailed
PVZ and Northcutt - nothing to expect

Dana needs fighters where people can tune in, and can fill out the entire arena.

Responding with constant Michael Jordan gifs and two sentences is supposed to show what exactly? Your amazing debating skills? Is this why you were Yellow Carded before? Because all you do is talk down to people and think you're "winning" the argument not with rebuttals point for point, but with exaggerative claims, and one to two sentences followed by Gifs? Good talks bro.

Never once did I say he would do GSP Jones numbers, I said he would make it to at least 500k if not more with a stellar card, which is not out of the realm of possibility, but since I'm talking to a genius, I guess this is where I insert a gif <GSPWoah>Am I winning the debate? I think I am.

Lol, ggs man.

I'm replying with two sentence because that's all it takes to repute your rather baseless claim.
{<jordan}
And I'm constantly using mj gif because I believe that's the most appropriate way to describe how hilariously idiotic your claims are.
{<hhh]

But, by all mean, continue with your " waa waa max will be a draw with marketing behind him even though he is blander than a piece of white bread ". I don't stop people from dwelling in their dreamland.

Last edited:
If Vince Mcmahon was running the show, paying Stipe to take the dive would be "best for business".

Every fighter has fans. It's a matter of how many fans are willing pay to watch him fight. His PPV numbers are varied starting from 150k to 250K which are all hardly doing well.

A lot of truth right there............and fans have to understand that the UFC can only do so much in making a star. The athlete has much more control of being a star. Just because you push someone doesn't mean fans buy in(ie: Sage or PVZ as two very recent ones). This has been proven over and over and over again and again. Even in a mass control situation like the WWE they can't just magically make the next Hulk Hogan or Stone Cold. They often times fail many times before they hit on a star. Fighters have to have that "it" factor to them that attracts fans on both sides of the fence. Look at your biggest stars in MMA ever. Rarely do you have a fighter that all fans love. It's making a mass amount of fans loving you and hating you to make you a star and both sides tune in. Then the UFC can go too work pushing you into main stream media outlets to push your draw even higher with avg. blow fan. Just being a great fighter today only goes so far.

What's wrong with my boy Max? I doubt Max is someone on Dana's shit list, I know Nunes is, but not Max. He wouldn't be headlining so many PPV's if he wasn't on Dana's good side.

Blessed Era has come through on every occasion, and is getting more popular each fight, once he makes it through Frankie, there's no denying his star power. The Sky will be the limit.

Blessed Era Bless

View attachment 328791

Yeah, I find it hard to imagine anybody that doesn't live off of Aldo disliking that guy these days. Hell, I doubt Aldo has an issue with him.

Back