Media Dana implies Jon scared of Ngannou, should drop to 185 lbs, and Jones wants $30mil

Almost forgot that he had said that. Great to see it again now in the lead up to the fight! Makes you really think that Gane might be a more difficult opponent, because Gane is a smarter opponent ,than Ngannou, and has a more diverse and technical arsenal, than Ngannou, and moves around easier than Ngannou. So Jon won't have to fear the power as much, but he still has to worry about a lot more weapons and Gane's movement might be enough to deal with whatever speed Jon has, now, as a not-so shredded HW.

The real question is the grappling though. I wouldn't be surprised if Gane has improved a whole lot in the grappling department in the last year, and he might have been better than what he looked like vs Francis, to begin with.
And, of course, how good is Jon's wrestling now and how fast and fluid can he move? And also, will Gane be able to use his own length well enough to negate Jon's length advantage, when grappling.

I'm not sure I buy that he didn't fear the last opponents and that's why he under-performed, but even if that is the case, then he might be underestimating Gane too, if his Russian sparring partner is to be believed.
At his prime Jon struggled with Gus and I’m pretty sure he was picoed to the max. Once Gane lights him up Jon will realize oh shit I fucked up

At his prime Jon struggled with Gus and I’m pretty sure he was picoed to the max. Once Gane lights him up Jon will realize oh shit I fucked up

If he can't get Gane down I suspect he is going to be wearing that jab a lot.

Doesn't really work in this scenario.

Ngannou vs Jones would have been a fight wanted by both UFC and fans.

Why would red goof lie? Again, in this particular scenario.

Most probably, both Jones and Ngannou asked for money that they kind of knew UFC wouldn't offer.

I was referring to this negative narratiive on Ngannou, after he left, not about Jon Jones before he left.

Funny now that Ngannou left the company without losing, both Dana and Jon suddenly changed their minds and are trying to rewrite history.

And I already did a financial breakdown as to how and why Jones was pricing himself out to duck Ngannou.

Exactly! Very well said. This new narrative that Ngannou is afraid of Jones is bs.

It's so ridiculous but they just run with it, they don't care anything goes to promote their product and fighters lmao

Funny now that Ngannou left the company without losing, both Dana and Jon suddenly changed their minds and are trying to rewrite history.

And I already did a financial breakdown as to how and why Jones was pricing himself out to duck Ngannou.
Here's what happened, paraphrased
  • Jon said off the cuff "i want to make as much as (x boxer, maybe Wilder?)"
  • Dana said "OMFG he wants $30m per fight!" (which was the last payday x fighter made)
  • Jon came back and said "No no no, I don't want $30m, I just mean, I want a much higher pay than I was getting"
  • Dana "Like OMFG he wants $30m! This is the kind of stuff I have to deal with, folks!!!"
And now acannxr wants to quote Dana's purposeful misinterpretation of something Jon said off the cuff, not as negotiation tactics, but as facts.

someone is sure rewriting history, al-fucking-right.

Last edited:

Bold statement from Dana...

DizzyFloweryKakarikis-size_restricted.gif

Here's what happened, paraphrased
  • Jon said off the cuff "i want to make as much as (x boxer, maybe Wilder?)"
  • Dana said "OMFG he wants $30m per fight!" (which was the last payday x fighter made)
  • Jon came back and said "No no no, I don't want $30m, I just mean, I want a much higher pay than I was getting"
  • Dana "Like OMFG he wants $30m! This is the kind of stuff I have to deal with, folks!!!"
And now acannxr wants to quote Dana's purposeful misinterpretation of something Jon said off the cuff, not as negotiation tactics, but as facts.

someone is sure rewriting history, al-fucking-right.
Your story is incomplete.

10 millions way too low, so 30 millions is certainly not far from the truth.

Yeah you can still pretend he wanted 10.5millions.

What is he doing!? Wow, he's going to interview Ngannou and give Ngannou a platform to talk about bs like UFC fight pay and unionizing?

No one will be happy with this, Cormier needs to be replaced with Sonnen. This is ridiculous, Daniel Cormier needs to remember who feeds him.

Asking him a question about how he wants to represent fighters?

Why not ask him why he's running from Jon Jones? Why not ask him how he made demands that he knew UFC would never accept? Why not ask him how it's been years and he still hasn't had a boxing fight?

Why not ask him about why he decided to go to a second tier organization like the PFL? There are so many questions you can ask Ngannou to kill this momentum or to put UFC in a better light, and DC does this BS.

Wow, and I always thought DC was loyal to the UFC, showing his true colors here.

STOP CALLING HIM CHAMP TOO, HE'S NOT THE CHAMP, HE FORFEITED HIS BELT.

DC works for the UFC he's not a journalist, he needs to actually interview to make the UFC look better, this is ridiculous.

Stay triggered, Jones is a paper champion <Lmaoo>.

How about we put Uncle Fake Tough Guy in there against John Morgan? I think I'd take Morgan

And people are really tryna say they knew Jones would dominate Gane they way he did before the fight happened. Somehow people forget 70% of the the threads before the fight looked like this.

Looks like both of them want the fight to happen
After Ngannou became champion, Jones suddenly needed a year to bulk up (i.e. get fat) and as SOON as it was clear that Ngannou wasn't re-signing with the UFC all of Jones' contract demands to fight at Heavyweight conveniently disappeared.

Jones had 3 years to move up, but decided to duck instead.

“He’s never been beat,” White told Lex Fridman. “He destroyed everyone at light heavyweight, which at the time was the toughest weight class in the company, in the sport. And then he moved up to heavyweight, won easily at heavyweight. And when you look at the guy and you look at what he was doing outside of the Octagon at the same time, which shouldn’t be part of it, shouldn’t be part of the equation. But when you do, wow. You can hate him all you want, Jon Jones is the greatest of all time.”
Funny how just one year ago Dana was accusing Jones of ducking Ngannou, and now that Dana can only make money from Jones he's suddenly singing his praises.

He waited until Francis left to announce his return lol. Pretty obvious, he also asked for an unreasonable amount of money knowing he wouldn’t get it
we all know...I mean, timing is everything right...like they say ...actions speak louder than words. So how do you see JJ vs FN going? Personally, he won't be able to wrestle him, then, he will have to exchange, JJ was great at LHW, his real division, but at HW vs FN, I see JJ getting beat because JJ won't be able to take him down and his hands look like crap at that division. JJ can still out wrestle most and is a star but FN is a bad match up...hey who knows...FN is getting older and has been out of the cage for awhile...maybe FN will be a slower version of himself...FN will look worse if he returns..so IDK...but I go with FN

See the second Francis proved he could make money without the UFC Dana White's all in on making the fight. Lol

man I can’t believe some o you are allowed to vote, let alone drive

Back