Dana All Over GSP Again For Ducking Superfight!

Because GSP signed a contract to fight at 170 and did everything the UFC ever asked of him within his weight class, If Dana wants Superfights and be in control over all the UFC fighters they should put a multi divisional clause in their contracts.

You are correct but Dana seems to make up the rules as he goes along. How can you ever hope to satisfy someone like this and still be able to make a comfortable living?

The thing I'm happy about is that the UFC has been trying to get GSP to do what the fans want. That is probably one of Dana's best attributes, he does what the fans want. He even went on to go get Fedor at ridiculous amounts of money several times. It's nice to see GSP being pressured, even by the UFC.

Moreover, there seems to be a sense of urgency with Dana on this superfight matter. I think he knows that Weidman is a real threat, and the chance of Andy losing at this age is increasing. This is why he most likely keeps bringing up GSP. Anyway, looking forward to the beating Andy gives Weidman tonight.

Not all fans want to see this size mismatch. I hope GSP continues "ducking" fights that are out of his weight class.

I don't understand the need or desire to have 2 champs from different weight classes fight each other. It's really a no win for either. If Anderson wins, he beat a smaller guy, if GSP wins, it makes all the middleweight look weak.

Because Dana knows it'd be a huge draw. But GSP did say he wants to be considered the best, not the best at 170. Challenge yourself GSP :icon_twis (like he doesn't already)

I don't understand the need or desire to have 2 champs from different weight classes fight each other. It's really a no win for either. If Anderson wins, he beat a smaller guy, if GSP wins, it makes all the middleweight look weak.

This is the correct answer.
The superfight stuff is just stupid. You end up with one title being belittled. After a fight between 2 champs, all future champs in the losers weight class will be consider lesser fighters until there is another superfight.

If you want a true superfight take the champs from the same weight classes in different organizations & have at it.

You are correct but Dana seems to make up the rules as he goes along. How can you ever hope to satisfy someone like this and still be able to make a comfortable living?

Exactly. I use to think Dana was the best GM/president/operator in sports, but the longer I watch mma and particularly the UFC, the more Dana rubs me the wrong way. GSP has probably been the most professional and classiest guys that Dana has ever had to deal with, and now because DW shot his mouth off at the beginning of the year with promises he couldn't keep he's going to basically degrade a guy who has busted his ass and earned him millions?

Exactly. I use to think Dana was the best GM/president/operator in sports, but the longer I watch mma and particularly the UFC, the more Dana rubs me the wrong way. GSP has probably been the most professional and classiest guys that Dana has ever had to deal with, and now because DW shot his mouth off at the beginning of the year with promises he couldn't keep he's going to basically degrade a guy who has busted his ass and earned him millions?
Like Dana says, no one can have enough money.

This is the correct answer.
The superfight stuff is just stupid. You end up with one title being belittled. After a fight between 2 champs, all future champs in the losers weight class will be consider lesser fighters until there is another superfight.

If you want a true superfight take the champs from the same weight classes in different organizations & have at it.

The thread should end right there. Well said.

GSP is in a lose/lose situation

Fight should happen if both win. It's not going to but that would be the perfect time.

Would be funny to see GSP walk away after the Hendricks fight assuming he wins. 'Thank you, Dana and the UFC for a great career, but I have my health, I'm going out on top and I have more money than I can spend in 10 lifetimes.'

See what Dana and the rest of the gang think of their #1 PPV draw walking out on them, Wonder if he prefers him happy and fighting or out of the UFC? I'm sure Hendricks headlining a PPV would be massive.

8 world titles in 8 weight classes. Forty other people have done that?
pac literally fought cans until he moved to Feather weight. His only legit titles are 126, 130, 140

Anyone can move through a bunch of weights beating nobodies. The best fighter Manny beat was actually at his best weight of 130

Too funny. Had GSP opted to fight Silva, there would be legions of people on here saying he is ducking Hendricks. The guy can't win one way or the other. To be one of the best, you pretty much always have an abundance of haters.

pac literally fought cans until he moved to Feather weight. His only legit titles are 126, 130, 140

Anyone can move through a bunch of weights beating nobodies. The best fighter Manny beat was actually at his best weight of 130

Still waiting for those 40 names...

Dana is an enigma and he's either loved or hated by most like you said. I am just glad I do not have to work for him or do any kind of business with him at all.

Still waiting for those 40 names...

I can give you more than that.

01 - Sam Langford
02 - Harry Greb
03 - Sugar Ray Robinson
04 - Henry Armstrong
05 - Ezzard Charles
06 - Bob Fitzsimmons
07 - Muhammad Ali
08 - Joe Gans
09 - Joe Louis
10 - Roberto Duran.
11 - Benny Leonard
12 - Mickey Walker
13 - Willie Pep
14 - Barney Ross
15 - Archie Moore
16 - Ray Leonard
17 - George Dixon
18 - Terry McGovern
19 - Packey McFarland
20 - Pernell Whitaker
21 - Tony Canzoneri
22 - Jimmy McLarnin
23 - Sandy Saddler
24 - Stanley Ketchel
25 - Charley Burley
26 - Holman Williams
27 - Billy Conn
28 - Gene Tunney
29 - Roy Jones
30 - Joe Walcott
31 - Carlos Monzon
32 - Jimmy Wilde
33 - Eder Jofre
34 - Marvin Hagler
35 - Julio Cesar Chavez
36 - Tommy Gibbons
37 - Kid Gavilan
38 - Jack Britton
39 - Emile Griffith
40 - Jose Napoles
41 - Alexis Arguello
42 - Michael Spinks
43 - Tommy Loughran
44 - Thomas Hearns
45 - Jimmy Bivins
46 - Ike Williams

They only care what the fans want because it's what will usually make them the most money.

The more I think about this fight, the less it makes sense . . .

If GSP were to win, people would use it to diminish his WW legacy. He'd be then pressured to fight regularly or permanently at 185 even though he'd be one of the smallest fighters in the whole division. The guy is already 32 and would have an extremely difficult time solidifying a streak and legacy at MW. If George won, he'd pretty much have to retire or then just fight ridiculous superfights ala Jones or Benson Henderson or Cain . . . People would diminish anything else he did afterward unless he kept one-upping himself which would be crazy.

Last edited:
I agree with GSP's decision here. Johny deserves the shot, so give him the shot.

I can give you more than that.

01 - Sam Langford
02 - Harry Greb
03 - Sugar Ray Robinson
04 - Henry Armstrong
05 - Ezzard Charles
06 - Bob Fitzsimmons
07 - Muhammad Ali
08 - Joe Gans
09 - Joe Louis
10 - Roberto Duran.
11 - Benny Leonard
12 - Mickey Walker
13 - Willie Pep
14 - Barney Ross
15 - Archie Moore
16 - Ray Leonard
17 - George Dixon
18 - Terry McGovern
19 - Packey McFarland
20 - Pernell Whitaker
21 - Tony Canzoneri
22 - Jimmy McLarnin
23 - Sandy Saddler
24 - Stanley Ketchel
25 - Charley Burley
26 - Holman Williams
27 - Billy Conn
28 - Gene Tunney
29 - Roy Jones
30 - Joe Walcott
31 - Carlos Monzon
32 - Jimmy Wilde
33 - Eder Jofre
34 - Marvin Hagler
35 - Julio Cesar Chavez
36 - Tommy Gibbons
37 - Kid Gavilan
38 - Jack Britton
39 - Emile Griffith
40 - Jose Napoles
41 - Alexis Arguello
42 - Michael Spinks
43 - Tommy Loughran
44 - Thomas Hearns
45 - Jimmy Bivins
46 - Ike Williams

I can copy and paste a list of accomplished fighters. None have 8 belts in 8 weight classes. Many very accomplished and some in the goat discussion. No way those are all more accomplished than Pacquiao...I think your bias is showing.

Back