Dana All Over GSP Again For Ducking Superfight!

I think the only reason Dana is so hell bent on making Silva/GSP is because he knows Anderson wont be fighting on much longer and Dana wants to cash in on that.

Hey, it would be a great money maker and there is no harm in trying. But he has also been trying for years. It is clear that GSP doesn't have an interest in moving up to fight Anderson, and Anderson can't fight at 170. He should really move on instead of these lame attempts to keep interest and using public humiliation to try to corner a fighter to accept a fight.

No-one would be pissed if GSP fought Silva. Everyone wants to see this fight more than GSP vs Hendricks.

Wrong. Everyone would be all over GSP, claiming he's ducking Hendricks.

The guy can't win here. If he took the Silva fight and lost, it'd be all "see, GSP was never good".

Hey, it would be a great money maker and there is no harm in trying. But he has also been trying for years. It is clear that GSP doesn't have an interest in moving up to fight Anderson, and Anderson can't fight at 170. He should really move on instead of these lame attempts to keep interest and using public humiliation to try to corner a fighter to accept a fight.

No, you can't blame him for trying to make the most money for his company with 2 of the legends before one retires, but still, it's gotten tiresome.

No-one would be pissed if GSP fought Silva. Everyone wants to see this fight more than GSP vs Hendricks.

You've been here since 2007 you know how Sherdog works people would be giving him shit no matter what. They already called him out for ducking Hendricks when he chose to fight Diaz, even though they had been giving him shit for not forcing the first Diaz fight through.

I still think public perception of a fighter being multi weight class champ > above all.

It's high risk and most fighters kill their legacy because they eventually meet someone who is simply too big and too good.

But if u can do it, I think it's the ultimate accomplishment.
GSP's legacy is already set.

Jumping 15+ lbs in weight is different than jumping in 4 lb weight class incements like in boxing.

That'd be like Pacquiao jumping from 140 to 154

Lots of fighters piss Dana White off and why should GSP be any different? I would love to see GSP and Silva get in a cage but doubt this ever happens.

dana white is trolling. anderson is afraid to fight jones. if anderson wants gsp, it is fair a catchweight.

This. The poor guy can't win either way.

Exactly!

People need to chill the fuck out and enjoy the 2 most dominant champs we have seen in their weight class. After their next defenses. then maybe we can talk about a super fight and most likely get our hopes up again... Nothing new!!

Lots of fighters piss Dana White off and why should GSP be any different? I would love to see GSP and Silva get in a cage but doubt this ever happens.

Because GSP signed a contract to fight at 170 and did everything the UFC ever asked of him within his weight class, If Dana wants Superfights and be in control over all the UFC fighters they should put a multi divisional clause in their contracts.

I don't blame GSP at all. Anderson looks a lot closer in size to Jones than GSP does to Silva

gsp_silva-side-by-side.jpg

jones_silva--415x415.jpg

Wrong. Everyone would be all over GSP, claiming he's ducking Hendricks.

The guy can't win here. If he took the Silva fight and lost, it'd be all "see, GSP was never good".

You're absolutely right. I would also add that while Dana trying to give the fans the fights they want is what makes the UFC so much better than boxing, he's trying way too hard here and I think its scumbaggery to try and humiliate a blue collar workhorse like GSP who has been the epitome of the professional athlete since his first fight in MMA, just to try and get him to move on a fight.

Regardless of whether GSP haters think he's boring to watch or not, I don't see how anyone can condone Dana's public taunting of one of the classiest and most professional fighters he has on his roster in any weight class. I'm a fan of GSP and Silva both, so I have no ax to grind, but superfights aren't necessary, and we have weight classes for a reason. It probably wouldn't even live up to the billing and people would be bitching that after 6 years of hype they got something way sub par.

GSP isn't "ducking" Silva anymore than Silva is "ducking" Jones. Grow up people, this is professional fighting, no one is ducking. GSP said he's fight at 170. If Silva isn't open to that, than move the hell on already.

in gsp's defense, people would be pissed if hendricks had to fight someone else.

No we would be getting gsp vs silva.....Hendricks can wait. Hendricks been waiting a year. This fight as been talked about for years

You're absolutely right. I would also add that while Dana trying to give the fans the fights they want is what makes the UFC so much better than boxing, he's trying way too hard here and I think its scumbaggery to try and humiliate a blue collar workhorse like GSP who has been the epitome of the professional athlete since his first fight in MMA, just to try and get him to move on a fight.

Regardless of whether GSP haters think he's boring to watch or not, I don't see how anyone can condone Dana's public taunting of one of the classiest and most professional fighters he has on his roster in any weight class. I'm a fan of GSP and Silva both, so I have no ax to grind, but superfights aren't necessary, and we have weight classes for a reason. It probably wouldn't even live up to the billing and people would be bitching that after 6 years of hype they got something way sub par.

GSP isn't "ducking" Silva anymore than Silva is "ducking" Jones. Grow up people, this is professional fighting, no one is ducking. GSP said he's fight at 170. If Silva isn't open to that, than move the hell on already.

well said !

Ehh... When GSP fights Hendricks Dana will have a lot of other things to say... probably along the lines of how Silva needs to move to 170 since he keeps calling GSP out. He always seems to play favor to whoever is currently fighting...

Besides Weidman is going to ruin all chances of a super fight anyways

First of all. I agree with you. I'm very happy they're putting the ball in his court. He needs to say yes now.

Secondly, the fans will never be happy. If GSP moves up and Hendricks waits again, there would be riots. So many angry Hendricks fans.

I want GSP vs Silva at 185 for the championship and Hendricks vs (Ellenberger vs MacDonald winner) for the vacant WW championship.

I think GSP seems to be coming to the end of his career by the way he talks, I think he's just looking to finish a few more fights at 170 then hang them up, why go out on a loss(I don't think he has a chance against Silva).
GSP doesn't finish fights these days

Ehh... When GSP fights Hendricks Dana will have a lot of other things to say... probably along the lines of how Silva needs to move to 170 since he keeps calling GSP out. He always seems to play favor to whoever is currently fighting...

Besides Weidman is going to ruin all chances of a super fight anyways

This

the only people talking crap about this is anderson fans who want to see anderson fans and gsp haters. both groups know that gsp is wayyyyy to small to fight at middleweight.

it makes no sense considering that anderson could fight jones considering they are closer in weight and the fact that anderson has fought at 205 a few times already. anderson fans try and say that size isnt everything and if they really belieed that they wouldnt shy away from the jones fight so much.

at the end of the day, anderson vs jones makes 10 times more sense than gsp v anderson.

Back