Dana All Over GSP Again For Ducking Superfight!

I bothered reading this entire thread and this is my conclusion.

IF GSP wins his next fight and it comes to be that there is no clear competition for him at WW anymore ... he's legitimately cleaned out the division.

That's nothing to be ashamed of - but it also means ... there's nothing left.

So ... why not try his hand at fighting a few matches at MW; not against the best in the world currently, of course, but against name fighters? Where is the enormous danger of permanent physical damage and legacy annihilation in that?

He would have a lot more latitude to pick fights with people/opponents considered more evenly sized.

He would still be the best WW ever. On his current trajectory, that's what he will be anyhow. Not the p4p king. So why not move up and fight a couple middling middle-weight names? Isn't that more logical than jumping right into Silva's lap?

It's unfair to demand he fight a highlight reel-knock out/destroy your confidence forever machine like Silva. Yes, Silva lost. He was being a ridiculous clown. Maybe he'll lose the rematch - but it won't go down like this last one.

So - there's no point in continuing on with pointless fights against opponents who have no chance.

It's a game of chicken basically. Who is going to flinch first? If Hendricks gets cleared out ... GSP will look a bit awkward trying to make a case that the next bag of potatoes they're gonna offer him is worth the time.

Dana, though, has lost all leverage in terms of demanding a superfight. Now it's more Anderson with less to lose (arguable, of course).

Me? Personally I'd like to see him really tested. I'd like to see him fight the champ above AND below him. Does that mean it's best for him? Of course not. Money can make it best for him, though. How much will Dana shell out?

As a previous poster said - bring out the blank check with a table and chairs in the Octagon WWE style lol. Dana on one said and GSP on the other. Name your price.

Why not just have Anderson fight Jones at LHW? He already fights there why does he want to fight a smaller guy anyways? GSP has never said anything that I know of towards Anderson to instigate any kind of fight. If Anderson wants the fight so bad make 170..

All the talk about this is to try and make GSP look like a pussy, it's really fighter bashing..

Why not just have Anderson fight Jones at LHW? He already fights there why does he want to fight a smaller guy anyways? GSP has never said anything that I know of towards Anderson to instigate any kind of fight. If Anderson wants the fight so bad make 170..

All the talk about this is to try and make GSP look like a pussy, it's really fighter bashing..

Anderson has been dodging big LHW fights since Shogun was champ. He's on record somewhere in 2010 stating that he doesn't want to fight Shogun, and not because of any respect/friendship, he just didn't think he could win.

The idea that Anderson will take on any comers is manufactured. His LHW fights have been against picked opponents who he matches up well with. If he didn't want the Shogun fight you can be damn sure he was never going to fight Jones, even if he had beat Weidman.

Anderson has been dodging big LHW fights since Shogun was champ. He's on record somewhere in 2010 stating that he doesn't want to fight Shogun, and not because of any respect/friendship, he just didn't think he could win.

The idea that Anderson will take on any comers is manufactured. His LHW fights have been against picked opponents who he matches up well with. If he didn't want the Shogun fight you can be damn sure he was never going to fight Jones, even if he had beat Weidman.

Yeah the Shogun fight had been proposed and he said he would fight him at 185:icon_chee Fucking hysterical. You already fight at 205 why not face him where he's comfortable? You want to fight GSP go to 170..

More peoplewanted to see Jones vs Silva

Dana is a douche

Georges is their biggest earner and has cleaned out a division, now he's fighting new fights on the come up...

He should be able to call his own shots anytime he wants.. Why? cause he's earned it.

Silva is one of the top 3 strikers to ever compete in MMA.

Add to that Silva has a 4 inch height and 2 inch reach advantage over GSP and it is not hard to imagine why GSP does not want this fight. It is clear that they are both great within their own weight classes... but weight classes exist for a reason.

GSP would walk into the cage looking like a white Hector Lombard if he wanted to move to MW... and Hector eventually learned that he is not tall enough to compete at that weight class no matter how powerful or skilled he might be.

Dana's logic makes no sense. It is a very dangerous fight...but he is supposed to take another dangerous fight at 185lbs because it is really about $$$$, which Dana never mentions...for him and Fertitta brothers...

To me the 170 lbs champ losing to the 185 champ wouldn't diminish his aura or tarnish his record in any way. Just go back to taking care of business at 170 and think of the loss as a learning experience.

And if you win....oh man, if you win, it's instant GOAT status forever.

So yeah, I share Dana's bafflement for why GSP didn't want to take the fight.

Faber has been ducking Cain for years. Shut the fuck up, Dana .

It's not ducking when there's a 15 pound weight gap (It matters, or it wouldn't be there) and you're the smaller guy.

God forbid he fights all the best in his division, which thus far, he has, and he continues to.

Georges is their biggest earner and has cleaned out a division, now he's fighting new fights on the come up...

He should be able to call his own shots anytime he wants.. Why? cause he's earned it.

:icon_arro This...and Dana wants this fight because he knows it will be one of the biggest money makers in UFC history, not for the benefit of the fighters or their legacy.

GSP is the welterweight champ, the only way he should be considered ducking someone is if he doesn't fight someone within that weight division. A weight division champ not going up to the next weight division doesn't constitute ducking.

Now if GSP had a history of going up to middleweight for fights and then the middleweight champ or a long reigning champ called him out then I'd agree with show up & fight or stay down at 170lbs.

It's not ducking when there's a 15 pound weight gap (It matters, or it wouldn't be there) and you're the smaller guy.

God forbid he fights all the best in his division, which thus far, he has, and he continues to.
This also, if GSP going up isn't such a big deal why are there weight divisions?

If Silva wants a big fight out of his weight division he should either go up to 205lbs or cut back down to 170lbs.

I can't believe this thread is making me stand up for GSP. alfdklasopfyqiopt

As I said like 3 years ago, a fight with Anderson Silva will NEVER happen.. cant understand how other people didnt see this... he obviously doesnt want that fight

Back