Dana All Over GSP Again For Ducking Superfight!

I don't understand the need or desire to have 2 champs from different weight classes fight each other. It's really a no win for either. If Anderson wins, he beat a smaller guy, if GSP wins, it makes all the middleweight look weak.

This, and when Anderson enters the cage, he would be over 200 pounds. It would be a terrible move for GSP.

My theory is the UFC has been putting together fluff fights for so long to get their foot in the door so to speak that interest/growth is not as measured as Zuffa would like it to be. So the reason for the push for superfights is obviously to draw more interest from the fan base and continue to market their brand as aggressively as possible. Its all about the benjamins in the end. It always is. Always will be.

I would not be surprised to see some big names come out of the wood work in potential super fights to come.

Not sure if Gsp could really win in the eyes of Silva fans anyhow...for GSP to win this "superfight" he'd prolly work on adding strength prefight, then go for takedowns and smother Silva for as long as he can unless a sub chance or a particularly safe opportunity for some GnP opened up...GSP would be foolish to keep the fight on the feet and he is no fool...if the 2 of them came into this fight within 10 pounds of each other, I'd have to give GSP the advantage at this point I think...So...if GSP wrestlefux Silva to a decision, so what? All we'd here was "LnP", "wrestlefuck" blah blah blah...and if Silva manages to knock him out, so what? Silva is believed by many to have some of the best striking in mma, with a particularly clever way of finding the right strike at the right time to ko people... he has knocked out Franklin, Irvin, Belfort, Griffin and tko'd many fighters that are larger and/or stronger than GSP...don't really see the point of the fight from either of their positions really

When the fans booed GSP in Toronto during his fight with Shields, I really hoped it would spark a fire in him.

Sadly... it did not.

You mean the fight where Shields was intentionally "punched' with his fingers extended to eye poke GSP?

This, and when Anderson enters the cage, he would be over 200 pounds. It would be a terrible move for GSP.

Hendricks, Rory, and other WW are over 200 when they step in the cage. AS would be close to 215-220 probably. GSP was 185 last fight vs Diaz.

Dana has a funny way of showing love to the three guys who - until two weeks ago, were the three kings of the UFC.

Dana blamed Jon Jones for the cancellation of UFC 151. As a ticket holder to said event, I was initially pissed at Jones. Then I realized that hey- maybe if the co-main hadn't been Heiron v. Ellenberger (after injuries) and the rest of the card wasn't terrible, this wouldn't have happened. I don't even know how long my hero Dan Henderson knew about the injury without telling Dana. But this wasn't Jon's fault.

Dana railed on Silva after the Maia fight. Did Silva clown and act like a jerk? He sure did. But given what Silva had done to that point - he deserved a mulligan. But Dana went off.

Dana is now going off on the one guy who never makes a misstep in terms of his image. I mean, I'm not a huge GSP apologist, but I admire his loyalty to the UFC and you won't see him getting a DUI or going on a Rampage in Vegas. And he's to blame for the failure of the superfight?

Mmmkay Dana.

Dana gets mad every time his fighters don't want to make the UFC money by making bad career choices.

He hated it when Meathead wouldn't fight Cormier cause he knew he would lose.

I take what DW says with a grain of salt. As should all of you. GSP has to move up in weight to fight arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world...? AS said he would not fight Jones because he thinks he would lose to him and we praise him for his honesty. GSP says when I move to MW it will be permanent and I don't feel I'm the right size. HE IS CLEARLY DUCKING.

I give up with SD

Johny Hendricks must feel really pleased with Dana White.
Almost the second time he would get screwed out of a title shot.

Hendricks, Rory, and other WW are over 200 when they step in the cage. AS would be close to 215-220 probably. GSP was 185 last fight vs Diaz.

I doubt GSP weighed as low as 185 lbs. He's got wide shoulders with huge legs. Anderson weighed in something like 202 on his LHW fights, I doubt he cut extra 4 lbs for fun. GSP might have lost a few lbs due to that long lay off, but he's probably steadily packed on the weight back since then.

GSP is probably somewhere around 190-195 lbs while Silva is around 200. There's really not that much of a weight difference. Anderson isn't big for his weight class at all, he's just tall and lanky.

Have you seen pictures of a 230 lb Silva? He's fat as fook. His fight weight is 200 lbs, althought GSP keeps insisting that its 230.

GSP is scared of Silva, that's the end of story.

this is mildy off topic but what I don't get is how people stick up for GSP when he wont fight ANdy and stick up for Andy when he wont fight Bones butt talk shit about BJ penn and Dan Henderson who actually moves up and fights the best guys whenever possible and no......baffles me

funny how Anderson willingly went up and fought Irvin then a former champ in Griffin then Bonner. Funny how Fedor was willibng to fight behomoths TOO buku for even the 265lb hw limit like hmc and Zulu and still took the fights. Georges probably wouldn't even fight kyle noke or even Jorge Santiago. any talk of gsp being a p4p great is ridiculous.

Instead GSP just fights what everyone, outside haters and huggers acknowledges as the toughest fight schedule of any champ.

But hey, what does that matter. It is not fighting the toughest schedule that matters to shertards, it is better to fight opponents considered weaker as long as they are bigger.

that is why Nate Diaz going up to fight Rory Markham at WW was more impressive then Frankie Edgar taking on BJ Penn the first at LW or Frankie Edgar going down to fight Aldo.

Only fighting up a division is the true challenge in shertardland. GSP fighting the tougher guys simply does not matter. :redface:

I doubt GSP weighed as low as 185 lbs. He's got wide shoulders with huge legs. Anderson weighed in something like 202 on his LHW fights, I doubt he cut extra 4 lbs for fun. GSP might have lost a few lbs due to that long lay off, but he's probably steadily packed on the weight back since then.

GSP is probably somewhere around 190-195 lbs while Silva is around 200. There's really not that much of a weight difference. Anderson isn't big for his weight class at all, he's just tall and lanky.

Have you seen pictures of a 230 lb Silva? He's fat as fook. His fight weight is 200 lbs, althought GSP keeps insisting that its 230.

GSP is scared of Silva, that's the end of story.

You exaggerate GSP's weight, underestimate Anderson's weight, and then say they're not far apart... End of story.

GSP and his camp have said for years now he enters the octagon at around 187.

Anderson's camp has said he enters the octagon at around 203.

But, I'm sure you know better.

Maybee Dana should try not to throw his fighters Under the bus every time he talks.

That's not likely.

Obviously Dana knows GSP/Silva would draw more $$$ than any card in history. They could do another stadium show at Rogers Center, or any football arena in the USA and smash gate records, even after the UFC has arguably peaked (or at least plateaued) in sales.

GSP is his own man -- he isn't going to be pressured into moving up a division, or pressured into taking a fight that he doesn't want.

Plus, as people have mentioned, it's a no win for GSP. If he fights Hendricks, he's ducking Silva. If he fights Silva, he's ducking Hendricks. The guy can't win anymore.

To me, it's been pretty clear that GSP hasn't shown much interest in fighting Silva for years. I don't know why people (including Dana) think it will change now. If Silva finishes him (or 50-45s him -- or worse), the win is meaningless to Silva, and makes the WW division look bad. If GSP wins, it discredits the MW division. There's nothing good for this, except a huge payday for Dana. GSP doesn't need any more money, he makes more in sponsorships than what the UFC is paying him, so promising him a huge payday is pointless. He hasn't been interested in the fight since pretty much day #1, avoids the question in interviews, yet Dana still subtly throws GSP under the bus now and again, like he did here.

I get Dana is a promoter and wants to make the fights that will make his company the most $$$, but GSP deserves better. He a long-standing employee that has never turned down a fight within his division, and is constantly making the UFC more money when he fights than anyone else. White going out and making comments like this publicly really shows his true colours.

Last edited:
Maybee Dana should try not to throw his fighters Under the bus every time he talks.

As fucking shifty and despicable as fight promoters are, and they are the scum of the earth believe me, Dana White is one of the worst. He is fortunate how the whole MMA scene has worked out, otherwise he'd just be a bald asshole, instead of a rich bald asshole.

GSP would beat Silva.

There i said it.

I laugh at all the GSP haters still insisting he needs to fight Silva (LOL). Silva is no longer champion and looking up at GSP now in the P4P rankings. Silva has bigger fish to frey. If Weidman beats Silva again, more than likely Silva will be sent packing out of the MW division. You got to hand it to GSP- all of his haters were mocking him for saying that his

friend Weidman would finish Silva in a fight that would not be too long, and in the end GSP was 100% accurate. How does this clip sound now GSP haters and Silva lovers? Great to see such a mutual respect and friendship between the current WW and new MW Champion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMHcGf0PqjE

BKZv2JxCEAEsj3H.jpg:large

483179_415718868465961_1089039809_n-500x375.jpg

Last edited:
Back