D&S Community Challenge: Get Shredded Diet (JB)

I won't be able to order the HR, Abs+, or PD until Monday but I have everything else I need. I will just make some ECA stack for the time being maybe.

Don't bother with those supplements. PD is for nothing but making you feel a "bit" better. For a lot of people the ingredients in PD do absolutely dick for anyway. So there's a good chance that it will do nothing for you or it will have minimal effects at best.

Hot Rox and Abs+ are totally unnecessary. In my opinion, Abs+ is an expensive joke. There was a positive study done on it but I'd love to see who funded that study as well. EGCG and CLA have never been shown to have strong weight loss benefits (some times CLA, but only in ridiculous quantities). So there's no reason that Abs+ should do anything. Hot Rox isn't bad for a stimulant and it may have minimal effects for appetite control. Unfortunately, some people have nasty side effects from it which include the shits and cold sweats. An EC stack will FAR out perform either of these two. If you've got access to utilize an EC (or ECA) stack, that will be your best bet for ****bolic support, appetite control, and weight loss.

^^^ and it would be far, far cheaper, which should be enticing to those who were concerned about the price.

I liked hot rox as a stimulant though, and it seemed to help with fat loss the first time I used it. the second time it didn't work as a stimulant nor for fat loss, so fuck that.

I did JB's diet a year and a half ago, for 4 weeks. I started at about 14.5% bf and finished at 12%.

I will probably try this again in a few months after the DL contest. Right now my main concern is gaining strength.

Good luck Fightsong! Hope you get good results.

I'll be checking out the RFLD if i have time to read anything else this semester, but I figure I shall stay the course on the GSD for these next 6-12wk.

I won't be able to order the HR, Abs+, or PD until Monday but I have everything else I need. I will just make some ECA stack for the time being maybe.

Day 1 is no problem so far. The only time I get the munchies is at night like everyone else, I suppose, and they are rare bouts.

The only part I dislike is taking BCAA all day. GHHRRRRRRRGL~!

Oh and 175lbs in the sig was from a while ago. I haven't been around to keep it updated. It's most likely around 186 right now, but some genius broke the scales at the gym where I teach.

What's your goal weight, anyway? 186 at 6 ft still isn't that big.

"caloric intakes on this diet will come out to between 400 to 1200 calories per day coming almost exclusively from protein" . . . "a 2000 calorie per day deficit"

Holy S*#%, that should do the trick!

As anyone on here tried McDonald's version? I'm curious about how much his protocol is able to minimize muscle loss with that large a deficit.

I imagine it would depend partly on what category of dieter you are (it is broken up by bodyfat%). For reference, I am in the middle (I would guess in the high teens)

I am part way(17 days) through a 6 week stint of it and I don't feel like I have lost much muscle if any. In that time I am down 6.2lbs (Plus I had already lost ~8 prior to starting) with a loss of at least an inch on my waist (That measurement was about a week ago).

It is extreme (I tend to call it a scientific crash diet) but it works great (or atleast has thus far).

Staying the course. I'm going to have to make a decent cut at my in-take now, and then re-calc every week to adjust from there, see what's working, etc. It feels like I'm still not in enough of a deficit, but I am cutting up enough to notice.

I'm at 1800~ currently, so I'm going to work down 100-200 calc per day til 1400~ at the minimum, depending on how I feel and etc.

The only think I am feeling is the low net carb count. From previous experience, I expect the fog to stick around for about another week or so; been there, done that before.

feeling good, no complaints. i just need to check bw/bf% asap.

1/29 (day 8)

bw/% - 175~/11%~ (est)
cals - 1534.4
pro - 140.5 (32%)
carb - 35.9 (8.2%)
fat - 91.7 (59.8%)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back