Rumored Cyril Gane REJECTS Title Fight vs Tom Aspinall At UFC 304 To Film A Movie

It is annoying but at the same time, it is after all only for an Interim title

I blame Jones and the UFC for taking a sh*t on the whole division

Jesus, he's gonna be on the UFC shitlist

I don't get that weird post.

"He don't want that smoke", bro, he's going to film something. If he's taking films over fights, it's not about 'smoke', it's about money and his future.

I don't get that weird post.

"He don't want that smoke", bro, he's going to film something. If he's taking films over fights, it's not about 'smoke', it's about money and his future.
He's turning down a title shot. How much money is he exactly making on this film? He would get PPV points in his next fight if he wins. It is really starting to look like a duck since he's turned Tom down 3-4 times now.

It's estimated Gane made 1.2 million dollars in his fight with Jones. He isn't making peanuts.

Meh, he had a good run before everybody found out what glaring weakness his ground game is. Probably better off doing a cheap movie than getting subbed again.

He's turning down a title shot. How much money is he exactly making on this film? He would get PPV points in his next fight if he wins. It is really starting to look like a duck since he's turned Tom down 3-4 times now.

Well I don't know how much he is making from the film, or even what the film is, but for all we know he's filming on the promise of more films in the future.

If I had the choice between Dana White's 'opportunity-that-isn't-a-career' and getting my foot in the door in acting, I know what I'm choosing...

It sucks for us as fans, but Dana doesn't pay enough or guarantee enough for fighters to make those kinds of decisions.

Well I don't know how much he is making from the film, or even what the film is, but for all we know he's filming on the promise of more films in the future.

If I had the choice between Dana White's 'opportunity-that-isn't-a-career' and getting my foot in the door in acting, I know what I'm choosing...

It sucks for us as fans, but Dana doesn't pay enough or guarantee enough for fighters to make those kinds of decisions.
I had to edit my post above but Gane made 1.2 million for the Jones fight. Against Lewis he made 460k and Ngannou 500k. Most UFC fighters make shit pay but it looks like Gane does ok in the UFC.

Hell, maybe Cyril will be a great actor. *eyeroll*

I had to edit my post above but Gane made 1.2 million for the Jones fight. Against Lewis he made 460k and Ngannou 500k. Most UFC fighters make shit pay but it looks like Gane does ok in the UFC.

Hell, maybe Cyril will be a great actor. *eyeroll*

Maybe we could ask Michael Bisping what he's getting paid, since Bisping was in the upcoming 2024 film 'Den of Thieves 2' alongside Ciryl Gane ;)

Rico Verhoeven is also in it.

The first film made $80,000,000 off a $30,000,000 budget according to Wiki.

Not that I've ever heard of it.

Maybe we could ask Michael Bisping what he's getting paid, since Bisping was in the upcoming 2024 film 'Den of Thieves 2' alongside Ciryl Gane ;)

We'll have to watch it when it comes out to gauge Cyril's acting skills. If he's good at it maybe he has a future. I still think it's dumb to turn down a title shot.

In what world does beating Spivak grant you another title shot after losing to out of prime Jones off a 3 year lay off in 30 seconds
The one where Pavlovich just got beat by Tom, Jones and Stipe are holding out to fight each other, and Dana won't let Blaydes have it.

Volkov rematch? That's not very enticing either.

This is the world we live in.

We'll have to watch it when it comes out to gauge Cyril's acting skills. If he's good at it maybe he has a future. I still think it's dumb to turn down a title shot.

Let's have a Sherdog watch party haha there are apparently enough real fighters in it!

Yeah, people keep posting about it

Thought this was at least the third time I've seen this "news" here lol.

I liked the first Den Of Thieves, but I really don't see the sequel being better or outperforming the first.

Bisping is reprising his role from the first. Gane and Verhoeven are just replacing Holloway and Taktarov. I would be surprised if Gane has more than 10 lines of dialogue in the whole film.

I'll watch, but I really am not expecting much.

Good and i suggest other fighters do the same.
remember dana aint your friend and that this is an opportunity

Well Curtis Blaydes is the obvious choice anyway.

<PlusJuan>

Aspinall vs Blaydes in Manchester, leave Gane for Paris or something similar.

Reactions: TCE
Well Curtis Blaydes is the obvious choice anyway.
Selling England vs France in England would probably be WAY more marketable to casuals though after the World Cup and all.

Selling England vs France in England would probably be WAY more marketable to casuals though after the World Cup and all.

Euros this year, bud.

World Cup is 2026.

Point still stands, though.

Back