Cub Swanson punching back at the UFC over transparency

Nostra you're way smarter then this. A union would solidify fighter pay and benefits. It would bring more transparency to UFC's books leading to fighters bringing home more of the overall take. It would severely level the playing field in the fighters favor and give them actual rights. Union is the answer here as far as fighters are concerned IMO.

Also the way it's being presented to congress I believe it would be across the board for MMA as a whole. Bellator is currently working with the UFC to fight against this. Why would they fight it, because they would have to actually take care of their product.

I’m not sure what you’d expect from a union. How does more transparent books change the min wage? What changes do you think just come with a union with no adverse impact? What is the right return for a relatively volatile company that was just bought for $4B?

I’m not sure what you’d expect from a union. How does more transparent books change the min wage? What changes do you think just come with a union with no adverse impact? What is the right return for a relatively volatile company that was just bought for $4B?

Collective bargaining would play a huge role. Fighters would be guaranteed money at different levels instead of having to negotiate for it so they know what they're stepping into. Healthcare wouldn't be in question. Also why does the buying place play a role in all of this? If they didn' think the product was sustainable they shouldn't have paid what they paid. That's not the fighters faults. I think there's some room if the numbers being reported before were even half accurate with UFC pocketing 80% of the take using only 20% to pay fighters and everything else. Their are changes needed here

To be honest, why is the fighters pay public information? It shouldn't be, as well as the profits of the UFC.

A union is impossible.

No way the few guys making millions want to hold an event for ransom on account of guys making 20/20.

The fighters should hire a a private detective to catch Lorenzo hiding money in Ireland or the Cayman islands, THEN they can have Lorenzo spill the beans about how shafted the fighters are getting.

Yes. 2013. Five fight win streak, four of them t/kos. Mendes was the only other top guy on a win streak, also five wins with four finishes but against much weaker competition. They made cub sit on a shelf for a year, then forced him to take another fight. He won, but instead of giving him the shot they gave it to Mendes who had also not fought in year but apparently didn't need to "stay active." This was despite being on a shittier run and having a much more recent 1st round KO loss to Aldo.

After that they made Cub fight Frankie to get his title shot, despite never having any other FW contenders fight a top three fighter before getting a title shot and immediately giving Conor a title shot off of siver and poirier, whom Cub had beaten but apparently only for him wasn't good enough. The only excuse for this is because Conor is popular.

By any meritable examination Cub was completely screwed over and in a just society should have been able to sue the UFC for his mistreatment and the financial loss of his unfairly denied and entirely earned title opportunity. And anyone who actually gives a single fuck about the sport of MMA should be upset about it.

Co-sign. You're 100 % right. It was a perfect opportunity to make a reasonable title fight and they sacrificed Cubs career on the altar of Connor

Yep....................... I look forward to the day when UFC fighters go on strike. I will be totally shocked . Most are hanging on Paycheck to Paycheck..

mean while, Dana's lover, Connie, rides his unicorn into the horizon with a ton of $$$ per fight.

MCW weighs in as well

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...or-mcgregor-nate-diaz-fighters-union-mma-news

“They absolutely should. I think it’s crazy that they already don’t have a union,” Carter-Williams said Monday on The MMA Hour (via MMA Fighting). “And I know it’s hard, but come on, they put their lives on the line every time they step in the ring. There’s no reason why their payouts are [what] they are now. And it’s because they don’t have a union.”

WmeImg won't like this Cub.

Still doesn't solve the union problem. My argument has always been the same. If this is the highest pro league and they want to be characterized in the same breath with the major sports leagues then why don't they pay like the major sports leagues? Numbers are already out there that the UFC pockets 80% of the revenue leaving the other 20 for fighter pay and everything else where boxing is the complete opposite. This needs to be leveled out more

If they dont like it tell them to pick up a hammer or briefcase and stop callimg a sport a job. Its not far and niether is life. I dont think any athlete should make more than minamun wage.

The UFC is trying to do Cub dirty here

They wanted Doo Ho Choi to beat him but that didn't really work out too well and now they are setting him up to lose so this Ortega guy can make a name off him

For some reason, they've chosen to make him the gatekeeper of 145 and even if he beats Ortega they wouldn't give him a ts

They'd probably match him up with Rodriguez next

I think Cub is Bellator bound. Good chance he could become champ there, plus some intriguing matchups like vs Pitbull, Straus, etc as well

The fighters should hire a a private detective to catch Lorenzo hiding money in Ireland or the Cayman islands, THEN they can have Lorenzo spill the beans about how shafted the fighters are getting.
you know that lorenzo doesn't own the UFC since a while, right?

Yep....................... I look forward to the day when UFC fighters go on strike. I will be totally shocked . Most are hanging on Paycheck to Paycheck..
I get the feeling that day won't be far but won't be surprised a strike doesn't happen they complain about reebok but still resign with the UFC smh

BMMA_Logo.png
Where you warm up on cardboard boxes

you know that lorenzo doesn't own the UFC since a while, right?

No sh*t!

Sammy Gravano was no longer part of the Gambino family when he provided insider info to take the house down.

Back