CTE Found In 99% Of Former NFL Players Brains

Strychnine

War Room Peace Addict
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
"An updated study published Tuesday by the Journal of the American Medical Association on football players and the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy reveals a striking result among NFL players.

The study examined the brains of deceased former football players (CTE can only be diagnosed after death) and found that 110 out of 111 brains of those who played in the NFL had CTE."

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/25/53919...25&utm_campaign=breakingnews&utm_term=nprnews

I don't want to go down a rabbit hole but Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has come out and said that NFL players should be able to use Marijuana to stay away from opioids. Also..

"There’s also evidence that a cannabinoid found in marijuana – cannabidiol (CBD) provides neuroprotective effects to the brain, helping recovery following concussions and reducing damage caused by repeated blows to the head"

http://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/...voices-support-lifting-leagues-marijuana-ban/

Just read that. Crazy.

Yeah my son will stick to baseball/basketball.

My son played football in High School as a Sophomore and he said "Dad, It's fun to play but it's not for me." I told him that was "Ok, but he should still exercise." So, he got into weightlifting and acting.

Football is not worth your mind.

Then I guess ALL former rugby players have em now.

Deion Sanders will be in the one percent.

It's OK. Football has gotten stale with all these rule changes and the refs throwing 90 flags a game not to mention you can't touch a QB or it's 15 yard penalty. It's no longer even fun to watch.

Plus the Patriots winning it every year = boring.

Can't believe this 4 month per year Sport is even popular. Pathetic.

Can't believe this 4 month per year Sport is even popular. Pathetic.

Yeah they should play even more and put all their players in a coma by the age of 25. Go back to watching dive grass or whatever lame shit they watch in England lmao.

Yeah they should play even more and put all their players in a coma by the age of 25. Go back to watching dive grass or whatever lame shit they watch in England lmao.

Yeh hahahaaa cool diss bro. Hahaha

I am sure most boxers, kickboxers, hockey players, rugby or any collision athlete will too.

Just read that. Crazy.

My cousin from the States was a big time high school football player, he just had his first kid and I asked if he had a position in mind yet, he said "fuck no, he's going to be a golfer."

The % will be high but this narrative is still hugely wrong and sensationalistic.

Not 99% of the NFL players have CTE (most likely). 99% of brains donated to research mostly because they showed symptoms of CTE really had CTE. So one guy who his family thought had CTE didn't even have CTE. Obviously some might have just donated their brains to help and not everyone showed clear cut CTE to begin with but still.

It's unlikely the real % is 99% even if it is high

The "study" is flawed, at least the determination they're publishing is. They didn't study 220 random football players. They studied 220 football players whose family donated their bodies because they showed strong signs before their death. There's a huge difference.
Edit: Sorry, didn't notice @PivotPunch said the same thing.

Thing about this study is that they weren't randomly selected brains that were tested, they were brains already suspected of suffering from CTE

It's the equivalent of doing a brain test to determine homosexuality and I give you the brains of:

@Palis
@Breakitdown
@Corona
@The One True
@Frank23

Then all 5 brains come back gay af, I then make the conclusion that 100% of Sports Bar posters are homos

Thing about this study is that they weren't randomly selected brains that were tested, they were brains already suspected of suffering from CTE

It's the equivalent of doing a brain test to determine homosexuality and I give you the brains of:

@Palis
@Breakitdown
@Corona
@The One True
@Frank23

Then all 5 brains come back gay af, I then make the conclusion that 100% of Sports Bar posters are homos

<escalate99>

it's a sport for retards anyways so it's likely doing very little damage. that's why only Americans truly love or play it, a nation of retards;)

just kidding America, you know I love you

I am sure most boxers, kickboxers, hockey players, rugby or any collision athlete will too.

If you're sure, please post some sources.

Just read that. Crazy.

I remember a thread on here a few years ago, when Sherbros were calling people pussies for thinking like that. Saying shit like "it'll toughen them up" etc.. The term "cuck" wasn't about then, but I'm sure that would have been thrown about to insult anyone who dared to consider the impact on their kids.

No way, it's boxers and football players have to be far, far ahead of everyone else in this category.

I've been saying for a while that football will eventually become somewhat like a team version of boxing. Wildly popular as a spectator sport, but played mostly by lower-income kids whose parents aren't as aware of the risks involved.

Football is going to go the same way as boxing. Only kids living in poverty willing to risk their future health in order to have a small chance at becoming a millionaire are going to play/participate.

Back