Crocop doesn't deserve enough recognition around here

You shouldn't post threads while experiencing a concussion

Anybody who actually saw CroCop fight Nog knows this isn’t true.

One fight alone does not make or break any fighter, so it was not only Nog's win that dictated it.

Anyone who actually followed them during their Pride run knows Nog was the best HW after Fedor.

He'll get less respect as years go by but he was an absolute killer. Look forward to seeing what he has left in Rizin/Bellator.

For a guy who was a mediocre K-1 guy he sure did show the difference in mma striking & legit kickboxing

How was he mediocre? In his old K1 Days he beat prime Hunt, Jerome Lebanner, Remy Bonjasky and Musashi and then came back in his 40s after about 3 knee surgeries to win a GP against guys 10+ years younger and check out their records there were some beasts.

"Personally, Crocop is the greatest combat sports second finisher of all time, if it wasn't for Ernesto Hoost and Fedor, two Goats in their respective sports, Crocop might have been able to claim the mantle of the greatest combat sports athlete of all time."

literally wat

One fight alone does not make or break any fighter, so it was not only Nog's win that dictated it.

Anyone who actually followed them during their Pride run knows Nog was the best HW after Fedor.
After their first fight, after Mirko developed better submission defense and reached higher level of jiu jitsu knowledge through work with top bjj experts(Werdum, Lister, Corleta...) Mirko would have beaten Nog 10/10 times...shame they didn't face each other again in OWGP, instead Mirko went on facing Barnett for 3rd time....But stylistically i don't think Nog could have stand any chance with Mirko, even in their first fight, luck was on Nog's side...

"Personally, Crocop is the greatest combat sports second finisher of all time, if it wasn't for Ernesto Hoost and Fedor, two Goats in their respective sports, Crocop might have been able to claim the mantle of the greatest combat sports athlete of all time."

literally wat

what do you not understand

After their first fight, after Mirko developed better submission defense and reached higher level of jiu jitsu knowledge through work with top bjj experts(Werdum, Lister, Corleta...) Mirko would have beaten Nog 10/10 times...shame they didn't face each other again in OWGP, instead Mirko went on facing Barnett for 3rd time....But stylistically i don't think Nog could have stand any chance with Mirko, even in their first fight, luck was on Nog's side...
"luck" is something else, Im afraid...

Come on now.
On the same token, Nog went on to greatly improve his stand up, to the point his trainers got mad at him constantly for thinking he was a boxer.

So both guys evolved.

But while Cro Cop greatly struggled in the UFC, Nog went and became champ & a top contender throughout the remainder of his career.

Look, I don't want to knock Crop Cop. Like I said, I love both guys. But Nog would have been GOAT if not for Fedor.
Cro Cop was the clear #3 (close to Nog, I agree, but never really ahead of him). If you want to count this as luck, so be it. But fact and results all point to Nog.

Come on now.
On the same token, Nog went on to greatly improve his stand up, to the point his trainers got mad at him constantly for thinking he was a boxer.

So both guys evolved.

But while Cro Cop greatly struggled in the UFC, Nog went and became champ & a top contender throughout the remainder of his career.

Look, I don't want to knock Crop Cop. Like I said, I love both guys. But Nog would have been GOAT if not for Fedor.
Cro Cop was the clear #3 (close to Nog, I agree, but never really ahead of him). If you want to count this as luck, so be it. But fact and results all point to Nog.
They are both 5-6 in the UFC, and sure, Nog did have a better UFC career, but it could be that octagon and unified rules are better suited for Nog than for Cro Cop, and unlike Cro Cop, Nog didn't suffer a brutal KO and injury immediately after arriving to the UFC....If there was no Fedor, Nog and Cro Cop would have faced each other again in Pride for sure, and I dont think Nog would stand any chance.....therefor, i dont think Nog would have been GOAT.....but we can agree do disagree.....and unlike Nog, CC is still kicking ass...

They are both 5-6 in the UFC, and sure, Nog did have a better UFC career, but it could be that octagon and unified rules are better suited for Nog than for Cro Cop, and unlike Cro Cop, Nog didn't suffer a brutal KO and injury immediately after arriving to the UFC....If there was no Fedor, Nog and Cro Cop would have faced each other again in Pride for sure, and I dont think Nog would stand any chance.....therefor, i dont think Nog would have been GOAT.....but we can agree do disagree.....and unlike Nog, CC is still kicking ass...
meh. you THINK Cro Cop would win.
But it is fairly obvious you are biased as hell.

All we have is that Nog beat Crop Cop when they fought.

What you think and what you wish for are irrelevant.

I don't mean this as disrespect, but we have to deal with facts.

Nog beat Crop Cop and got the Pride HW belt.
he also got the UFC Belt while Crop Cop did not get either.

CC might be kicking, but you gotta admit that he only arrived at the mountaintop where Fedor or NOG are not... and the competition level is a lot....less.

meh. you THINK Cro Cop would win.
But it is fairly obvious you are biased as hell.

All we have is that Nog beat Crop Cop when they fought.

What you think and what you wish for are irrelevant.

I don't mean this as disrespect, but we have to deal with facts.

Nog beat Crop Cop and got the Pride HW belt.
he also got the UFC Belt while Crop Cop did not get either.

CC might be kicking, but you gotta admit that he only arrived at the mountaintop where Fedor or NOG are not... and the competition level is a lot....less.
Competition is not the best in world...but King Mo, Gonzaga, Aliakbari, Ishii are not freaking bad, thats for sure...and are you saying that Fedor and Nog would beat Mirko today? Well, i have to laugh at this

Cro-Cops game has evolved perfectly with the Meta of the division.

He honestly deserves Borderline top 5 recognition.

Before Conor Mcgregor, Crocop was the guy who showed that you could have a limited grappling but if you are really good at knocking people out, at the highest level, you can be really successful.

There may have been other strikers who may have come before him and had some level of success, but none like Crocop did coming from pure striking background, and had that level of success.

giphy.gif

Before Khabib and Conor, there was Fedor-Crocop. Personally, Crocop is the greatest combat sports second finisher of all time, if it wasn't for Ernesto Hoost and Fedor, two Goats in their respective sports, Crocop might have been able to claim the mantle of the greatest combat sports athlete of all time.
it wasn't Hoost or Fedor that stopped him from being #1 it was injuries and not having that good of a chin. Plus there is times he just didn't fight the smartest or over looked beatible opponents and it cost him.

Mirkos skills were better suited for the ring. Also lost that deadly straight left somewhere along the way.

Competition is not the best in world...but King Mo, Gonzaga, Aliakbari, Ishii are not freaking bad, thats for sure...and are you saying that Fedor and Nog would beat Mirko today? Well, i have to laugh at this
are you honestly that desperate?
they are all out of their primes.Either one beating the other would not mean much, much like Rampage beating Wandi didn't mean a thing while twice when they fought during their primes, Wandi beat him.

Besides, I must say that logic dictates Nog wins between them now.
After all, BJJ is the only martial arts where you don't need to be peak strength or speed, and on the ground, Nog is king.

are you honestly that desperate?
they are all out of their primes.Either one beating the other would not mean much, much like Rampage beating Wandi didn't mean a thing while twice when they fought during their primes, Wandi beat him.

Besides, I must say that logic dictates Nog wins between them now.
After all, BJJ is the only martial arts where you don't need to be peak strength or speed, and on the ground, Nog is king.
Desperate? Not at all...

I strongly disagree with your views...means nothing? To me, that seems totally disrespectful to Mirko's sweat and blood he has been spilling these days...you are basically saying he has been training his ass off for nothing...

Desperate? Not at all...

I strongly disagree with your views...means nothing? To me, that seems totally disrespectful to Mirko's sweat and blood he has been spilling these days...you are basically saying he has been training his ass off for nothing...
You can say whatever you want. That doesn't change the desperation on your side, trying to change what I said.

Why would it be for nothing? He was the #3 in the world, right behind Fedor and Nog.

Back