Cro Cop's movement/footwork against Wanderlei 2nd fight...

Ha, Shogun is my fave fighter, but Mighty Mouse has been growing on me lately... I have a theory about Shoguns slowing down: It was not the injuries, but his marriage ;)
Combo of both for sure. He is first and foremost a family man which has hindered his training

Wand's wild loopy punch striking style was tailor made to get KO'd by a guy with Mirko's height, speed and timing.

Cro-Cop really should have been able to do this to him in their first fight as well.

His game plan has always been violence. Simple as that.

He drew with Crocop (should have been a win but had special rules), has a split with Hunt that was razor close and was the first to KO Fujita. That is far from a bad showing at HW
Fujita was never a great fighter and although Hunt is a beast, he's also the same HW that was knocked out cold by Manhoef. Good performance by Wand but doesn't make him even near elite at HW

Its easier to type than to perform in a real situation specially with Wand as your opponent, lol :p

Yep especially such a lightning fast left straight. Boxing always sounds so easy and simple compared to 1000 kung fu moves but gets incredible sophisticated as soon as one starts to learn.

I really thought it was nearly impossible to beat a prime Mirko in the stand up department. He could take your defense high with his left straights and hooks and then bam mid/low kick or the other way around. His left side was a real nightmare for every opponent. The Magomedov TKO was a classic example.

Never thought Fedor could be that good in a straight stand up fight against Crocop as he showed. That was legendary and the best HW fight of all time regarding stand up skill.

And I hate instant rematches for almost any reason.
The thing was that Machida was destroying everybody and Shogun was the first to actually put a fight against him in the UFC... I still remember Lyoto steamrolling Thiago Silva and Rashad... amazing performances.

....I don't think I've ever been this much honest on the internet. I feel naked now.

Wand's wild loopy punch striking style was tailor made to get KO'd by a guy with Mirko's height, speed and timing.

Cro-Cop really should have been able to do this to him in their first fight as well.
If i recall wand got several tds in the first fight and mirko had just transitioned to mma so i think he wasnt as prepared for it and it changed the dynamic a lot. Wand wasnt even looking for a td in the second fight and mirko prob couldve stuffed it easily by that point even if he had.

The first fight showed Wand's finest technical Muay Thai ever.

Yep especially such a lightning fast left straight. Boxing always sounds so easy and simple compared to 1000 kung fu moves but gets incredible sophisticated as soon as one starts to learn.

I really thought it was nearly impossible to beat a prime Mirko in the stand up department. He could take your defense high with his left straights and hooks and then bam mid/low kick or the other way around. His left side was a real nightmare for every opponent. The Magomedov TKO was a classic example.

Never thought Fedor could be that good in a straight stand up fight against Crocop as he showed. That was legendary and the best HW fight of all time regarding stand up skill.
Nice to see a 2015 join showing respect to the greats... Imo, Fedor vs CroCop still the greatest fight in MMA history. Not because it was amazing, but cause of the build up and the meaning.

ConsciousBreakableCougar.gif

As if it's so embarrassing to get beaten by an NCAA and UFC champion, and then avenge that loss. Nice job trolololotroll.

image.jpeg

Some cunt always does dumb shit like this. A wrestler who was one of the most explosive athletes to ever compete with the fastest double leg the sport has ever seen over 205lbs(which Mirko stuffed by the way) dropped a bomb on a fighter who was over fixated on defending takedowns. And Mirko choked him out in the rematch so honestly whats the point of this except that you have a micropenis and your butt hurt about it?

What was that? Really amazing, even better than todays McGregor and The Spider...
Those counters were on point, as the devastating kicks... Its a shame this Mirko never went to the UFC.
This was the man that turned me an MMA fan:
crocop.gif
Mirko, i felt, before and after this, was kinda lazy. He never was this good, although against Fedor he probably was but got shutdown.

This is Wands first big concussion, the one a few months later, then the Liddel fight soon after. The man never had a chance to recover his brain or his greatness. And i believe he would have beaten most versions of lazier Mirko.

Fujita was never a great fighter and although Hunt is a beast, he's also the same HW that was knocked out cold by Manhoef. Good performance by Wand but doesn't make him even near elite at HW
No, he wasnt elite, but he could have been pretty solid (tough to base off this sample size), and thats cool for a blown up MW..... If he is even that without all the extra muscle (and water). Realistically, at 5'10and a bit, narrow shoulders, shortish arms and a narrow waist he might be a blown up welter. I doubt hes much bigger, framewise than Lawler or someone like Rick Story.

Hablas español? de ser asi.. si de verdad odias a Cro Cop que venis a trolear con una derrota, significa que no te gusta el MMA, y sos lamentable, anda a dormir.

Looking great against a LHW isn't really impressive. Only HW fighters like some Russian dude can lose to them, and to some MW fighters too.

The first fight showed Wand's finest technical Muay Thai ever.
Wand got less and less technical.
He had a couple of knee surgeries and got away from his kicks. Now, id say his punching was NEVER technical, but when it was mixed with his good kicking and clinch game, it was set up a lot better.

This is a good point as well, i never understood why they choose to put on weight when their speed gave them the advantage at Heavyweight. But maybe its because they werent as quick anymore and wanted to simply try and become heavier to stay in par with the other heavyweights at that weight.
PEDs

They had to stop doing them after PRIDE.

Either they dropped weight and got super small and weak like Wanderlei did. Keeping the speed but losing the strenght.

Or they got fatter to keep the muscle mass that the PEDs allowed them to have at a super low bodyfat, which was the reason for their speed in the first place. Hence why they lost it after they got fatter; keeping their strength but losing their speed.

Back