Cro Cop's movement/footwork against Wanderlei 2nd fight...

Wand/CC 1, is probably my favorite striking match in MMA of all time.

Chute Boxe was so bad as fight tacticians its unreal. They killed Murilos momentum completely by chubbing him up to HW (as a natural WW/MW) and then roided Wanderlei out of his body for this fight.

Wanderlei showed in his fight against the much heavier Hunt how important speed was and then completely neglected it with this dumb play of making him "stronger".

Crocop was very very good but at the same time that was an alltime low for Wanderlei at this point. I really dont want to know what he injected to get that big. Looked like a science project.

Normal 205 Wanderlei would have given a much better fight but I think Mirko would have won either way. This Mirko would decimate todays HW picture. Stipe would be no match at all for his world class stand up.
I respect but i dont like Rudimar Fedrigo... I know he built Chute Boxe, but he was also responsible for this bad decisions. Fedrigo appears to me as a guy that liked money more than his fighters.

Out of all my years of watching MMA, I consider that my favourite KO.

tumblr_mz0fjgWuk41ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Still dont understand why mirko did not perform well in the UFC
Changes in drug testing and years and years of wars adding up, especially with all the kickboxing matches. Many athletes use/d them for injury recovery and we heard about a lot more injuries from athletes in the modern era of MMA, including Crocop. You could see in the way that he fought that at times he had to change his style to account for these injuries. Mirko is my favorite heavyweight of all time. Loved his style and skillset. When Fedor fought him, and for some time after, he said it was the hardest match of his career.

Last edited:
That was a surprisingly good fight, all things considered.
All Shogun, Machida, Cro Cop and Wanderlei fights are good, even the bad ones... i never miss a legends fight... People in this site can say that fedor, anderson, hendo etc are past their prime but i dont give a fuck... Legends will always be Legends!

All Shogun, Machida, Cro Cop and Wanderlei fights are good, even the bad ones... i never miss a legends fight... People in this site can say that fedor, anderson, hendo etc are past their prime but i dont give a fuck... Legends will always be Legends!
Agreed. *fistbump*

Wandy is my favorite of all time at LHW. I fully expected there to be a torch pass to Shogun, imagine if he didn't suffer that injury from Coleman. Surprised to see them still bringing it, even if they have slowed down. Also, did you watch Fedors last fight? When he was hitting Maldonado with those body shots I really think I heard something snap - broken rib maybe? I told my fiance he was probably thinking "shit - this guy hits hard, i need to fucking do something!"

Who was ur pick for winning that fight?
I had Machida as the favorite before the fight but the judges failed ultimately even if it was close. Am also curious to hear the answer of the guy with the Shogun avatar :)

Who was ur pick for winning that fight?
man, when i watched the ppv i thought shogun won, but knew was close one... then i rewatched many times and i always gave to shogun the fight... 48-47 or 49-46. would accept a draw if it was a 3 rounder though. Machida also did a great job, but mauricio edged him imo.

Mirko was far better in the ring. He could cut his angles and worked his distance better. He was in excellent shape that night.

man, when i watched the ppv i thought shogun won, but knew was close one... then i rewatched many times and i always gave to shogun the fight... 48-47 or 49-46. would accept a draw if it was a 3 rounder though. Machida also did a great job, but mauricio edged him imo.
I also thought Shogun barely squeaked it out, but it is hard to take a champs belt on that type of decision. The only instant rematch I approved of.

I also thought Shogun barely squeaked it out, but it is hard to take a champs belt on that type of decision. The only instant rematch I approved of.
It was definitely justifiable.

I had Machida as the favorite before the fight but the judges failed ultimately even if it was close. Am also curious to hear the answer of the guy with the Shogun avatar :)
Ha, Shogun is my fave fighter, but Mighty Mouse has been growing on me lately... I have a theory about Shoguns slowing down: It was not the injuries, but his marriage ;)

Back