Crisis in Philippines: martial law declared

And this is why the left wants to dump islamic refugees on us....we will be begging for order---under a totalitarian gov if necessary.

That's quite a conspiracy theory.

If 9/11 didn't cause totalitarianism then I doubt a few refugees will.

That's quite a conspiracy theory.

If 9/11 didn't cause totalitarianism then I doubt a few refugees will.

It did lead to the implementation of surveillance state, which is a step towards totalitarianism.

Each terror attack makes people more willing to compromise personal freedoms in exchange for safety.

It did lead to the implementation of surveillance state, which is a step towards totalitarianism.

Each terror attack makes people more willing to compromise personal freedoms in exchange for safety.

The Obama administration could have let a terror attack slip through at any point during his 8 year term had that been the goal.

The Obama administration could have let a terror attack slip through at any point during his 8 year term had that been the goal.

The jihadi shooter in Orlando was on a watch list, wasn't he? Notice how his murder spree wasn't used to push for Islamic tolerance of homosexuality, but rather attempt to convince the public to surrender their freedom to own arms.

Errr.... Go Duterte?

7u0Kiag.jpg

I just read that Christians are being beheaded in Marawi but it's impossible to confirm.

If that's happening....
Duterte is gonna go freaking BERSERK.
There will be no mercy in the dojo.

Hopefully Duterte skins dat turrist ass

I just read that Christians are being beheaded in Marawi but it's impossible to confirm.

Hopefully not true but I wont be surprissed if they indeed beheaded and raped christians again just like what they have done in Zamboanga years ago.

Filipinos arent pushovers like arabs, im sure they will stomp ISIS in no time.

Arab's aren't pushovers either they just are overwhelmingly Muslim and a significant portion of the Arab states of the Middle East ***cough**cough***(The Gulf States) want the supremacy of Islam and in that way radical Islam helps them to a degree. So in other words they tied down by the actions of the Gulf states (namely Saudi Arabia) and their actions to empower radical Sunnis who spread salfaism/wahhabism) and by states like Turkey which previously were okay with islamic radicals in small numbers as long as it weakened other regional rivals.

And lastly since most of their populations are Muslim, you will have some % of the population feeling sympathetic to the radicals. Take the case of the Muslim brotherhood which is moderate compared to ISIS their support was higher than what many might of imagined. As such it is kind of hard for say Egypt to fight them off when such a large % of the population supports them. Or take Algeria which is becoming more nationalistic intertwined with Islam, Arab nationalism mixed empowered by Islam, in Algeria the largest parties (nationalists and Islamists) are now working together to further weaken the secular areas of Algerian society.

While I like to see some dead terrorist. Being incredibly brutal against the Muslim and terrorist is not a long term solution either.
Thailand has been doing that for 30 years.
With over 6000 casualties in the last 10 years (official Thai numbers who know how high they really are).
Also, it's not a straight up Islamist terror here it also has a strong Nationalistic element.

It can work.

Look at China or how the Soviet Union succeeded in many ways at eliminating religion or heavily watering it down even in the Muslim areas the rates of truly devout, devout and practicing Muslims decreased heavily especially in urban areas and as each new generation was born.

The Philippines only has a 5% Muslim population, at best maybe 6% max maybe 7%? Since not all Muslims are radicals and most just want a good life in theory harsh collective actions against them won't cause as much mass uprising as one might think after the key figures and young males are addressed. Of course that is only possible with very harsh totalitarian type laws.

Time and time again it proves brutality is the only relevant method to quell extremism. Especially Islamic. Hopefully Duterte pulls no stops.

Dude even banned public smoking. Looking after the peoples!

Well it depends..

Israel has been oppressive of the Palestinians and Israel is winning, for the time being atleast until Muslims start to dominate Western politics.
China is genocidal against the Uighur Muslims and even annexed a bit of land from Pakistan, and China hasn't faced any serious repercussions

Yeah they could definitely do it and be oppressive to the Muslim population, but I don't think they have the resources and strength to do it in the way that the USSR managed to do it (and as effective) or how the Chinese can. With Israel it also helped that Israel managed to push out many Palestinians into territory outside of Israel's immediate borders (that Israel won after being attacked several times in war). It also' doesn't help that they are an island and it wouldn't be so easy to expel the Muslim population or parts of them as you'd have to drive them into the sea. If he really wanted to wage war on Muslims and succeed i'd imagine sucking up to China could gain some assistance.

But Arab countries and other Muslim majority countries could put preasure on the Philippine government, pressident Estrada during the late 90s he started a heavy offensive againts Islamist groups but was accused of persecuting Muslims and he stop the offensive as Arab countries may ellect to put ecconomic pressure againts the Philippines.

Duterte may need to talk to to the gulf Arabs and Saudi to get support.

Yes or he could pivot them more towards China and other Eastern states which aren't Majority Muslim and won't care to disrupt economic/trade/or communication with them over his harsh policies.

Filipinos arent pushovers like arabs, im sure they will stomp ISIS in no time.

ISIS about to learn the same hard lesson the Imperial Japanese Army did in WWII...

I'll do a beer run if someone else wants to get the hotdogs and popcorn:)

Last edited:
Back