CREED II

If you have seen CREED II, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
The director is already talking about making Drago spin-off.

Ugh I dunno about that

The guy who played Viktor had about two lines in the entire movie and wasn’t all that convincing. They used him for his size and not his acting chops.

It has the basis to tell a good story but had that been the idea from the get-go they should have went with a better actor.

Ugh I dunno about that

The guy who played Viktor had about two lines in the entire movie and wasn’t all that convincing. They used him for his size and not his acting chops.

It has the basis to tell a good story but had that been the idea from the get-go they should have went with a better actor.

I thought Victor was the best in-the-ring antagonist since Rocky 5. Definitely a step up from Rocky 6 and Creed 1, and maybe better than Tommy Gunn. I don't think Victor Drago was a weakness of the film at all, and I had become used to opponents that had no real personality or backstory over the past couple movies.

With Creed 1, the movie relied on the manager Graham McTavish to build the villain, and with Antonio Tarver there was no character at all.

Creed 2 does rely heavily on Dolph to build the Drago tandem, but Florian does his part.

Last edited:
Fuck it! I love Deontay Wilder! Let them do it!
Wilder is cool, I like him too
However, homeboy's 6'7'', three inches taller than Drago jr who dwarfed Creed. Stallone would have to pull some serious Lord of the Rings forced perspective movie magic to make that match up even closely beliveable.

This movie is better than The Last Jedi.

Some of the deleted scenes are up on YouTube. For the most part, they're really good and they should have stayed in. Would have made the film better.

I can't wait for what follows the Rocky and Creed series

Some 3rd series where Creed is teaching some new boxer while Rocky is in the distance elderly and rambling in a wheelchair

I just finally watched it and turned it off half way. Neither actor even knew how to properly box, they looked like 2 jacked meatheads from the gym throwing punches.

Really enjoyed it, not quite as much as the first Creed which was amazing, you could definitely feel Cooglers absence. But they should really stop now, no more creed movies.

Some of the deleted scenes are up on YouTube. For the most part, they're really good and they should have stayed in. Would have made the film better.
I didn't really care for those deleted scenes so much. I think Creed II told the story it wanted to tell just as it was. I don't think there was a need to add anything else in.

Keep trying to watch this but cannot get in to it - just way too cheesy.

Watched this in the theater when it came out. It was OK, but a big step down from the previous one.

Would have liked to know more about Drago and Victor's lives, and how they came to be where they were. But this was a Hollywood movie, so all Russian characters have to be cardboard stereotypes.

I got thirty minutes in and couldn't watch any more. I thought Creed was incredibly boring also.

I didn't really care for those deleted scenes so much. I think Creed II told the story it wanted to tell just as it was. I don't think there was a need to add anything else in.

I thought the Rocky and Adonis side of Creed 2 was somewhat lacking and rushed. The Spider Rico funeral would have went a long way toward explaining why they were training in the desert and fleshing out Rocky's estrangement from Robert. And it was probably Sly's best acting in the movie.

The locker room scene after the fight was also more solid Ivan Drago stuff, but I can see how it may have put too neat of a bow on everything if taken as a whole.

Watched it today finally. Not as good as the first one, as mentioned, but I dug it

Wish they could have had more of a back story on the Drago family. They got really interesting as soon as the movie ended which is kind of a shame.

8/10

What a great ending for the Rocky franchise. Reunited w/ his son who has welcomed him in Vancouver.

Now it will be the Creed story.. The torch has been passed.

We have closure on Rocky and his son. Something that bothered me in the first Creed.

Ivan throwing the towel was great.

The boxing choreography wasn't quite as good as the first Creed but still better than Rocky 1-5

That almost made me tear up especially with the history of 'throwing in the towel' from Rocky 4. Changed how I felt about Ivan Drago in a split second.

Back