Creative ways to land a new job

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone can suggest new ways of getting a new gig if you feel you must leave your current one.

Most of my effort would be on jobsites, but I have little to no success with that. Networking/passing out my CV has had mixed results.

If I see a job through a website of a company or a jobsite, how can I really make an impact on the recruiter against all other candidates. My resume isn't all that impressive.

Has anyone here had success with cold-calling? Or randomly dropping a resume at an office?

Go to the interview Naked.

I knew a guy who walked into an office with a business proposal and basically slammed it on their desk and said this is why you're going to hire me. They did.

I also knew someone who said he'd work for a company for free for a week, then after a week if they liked his work they could hire him, if they didn't they'd part ways with no love lost. After a week they hired him.

Bring a koran. Threaten them with discrimination.

Why I do have a feeling this happened in your place of work!!!

===================================================================

As for the OP I usually try to do research check the adds, Jobsites or ask acquaintances in the industry if there are start ups or company that is expanding its usually those companies that are willing to offer higher salaries and really must get people with experience I specially look for job description that I will be a bit over qualified but my other skills can be useful in the future expansion.

try jerking them off with ur non dominant hand, of put na little puppet with a cute dress on it before hand.

Why I do have a feeling this happened in your place of work!!!

===================================================================

As for the OP I usually try to do research check the adds, Jobsites or ask acquaintances in the industry if there are start ups or company that is expanding its usually those companies that are willing to offer higher salaries and really must get people with experience I specially look for job description that I will be a bit over qualified but my other skills can be useful in the future expansion.
Pengeng trabaho. Paalis na ako dito next month.

Whatever the job is go in there and show them you can do it. To hell with experience. If you can do the job take in some examples of your work. If its a welding shop take in some welds you did. Watch a few videos online and just get to the point where you can fake it but look like you know what you're doing. I did this with excel. I saw a 30 min YouTube video and scored 85% on a test I took. That won't work for welding but most office softwares can be picked up fairly quickly. Don't be afraid to pad that resume either, bend the truth but don't outright lie.

Whatever the job is go in there and show them you can do it. To hell with experience. If you can do the job take in some examples of your work. If its a welding shop take in some welds you did.

If you're a banker, bring some money you made.

raining-money-gif-5.gif

Yes. Then I usually follow up on them once or twice. Nagging works.

I knew a guy who walked into an office with a business proposal and basically slammed it on their desk and said this is why you're going to hire me. They did.

I also knew someone who said he'd work for a company for free for a week, then after a week if they liked his work they could hire him, if they didn't they'd part ways with no love lost. After a week they hired him.

Whatever the job is go in there and show them you can do it. To hell with experience. If you can do the job take in some examples of your work. If its a welding shop take in some welds you did. Watch a few videos online and just get to the point where you can fake it but look like you know what you're doing. I did this with excel. I saw a 30 min YouTube video and scored 85% on a test I took. That won't work for welding but most office softwares can be picked up fairly quickly. Don't be afraid to pad that resume either, bend the truth but don't outright lie.

jsmPJ5U.gif

Go to the interview Naked.
Judging by some videos I've seen, it helps to go fully nude and let the interviewer put it in the mouth and anywhere else he pleases and play with whatever he wants.

This is truth.
I even say outright lie. Worst case scenario is you lose the job. I've never heard of anyone getting a fraud charge for lying about their work history. I'm sure it's happened, but it's extremely unlikely they're going to prosecute you for it

This. It's all about confidence...and no different than picking up chicks. Think of it as interviewing them to insure that you would be the best fit for their position. No need to waste anyone's time, as you are both professionals.

Apply for every job possible. If you get an interview for one you don't want use the interview for experience.

I left my job on friday. Sick of insurance. I have alot of interviews this week. Always be calm and up front with what you want. I always say i need mon/thurs or wed/fri nights off as a must (jiu jitsu). I prefer to work weekends so i have a big advantage on alot of people.

Be upfront and honest. I also lie in the interview and say I have offers from 2 other businesses at the moment. This basically is an ultimatum and i find out fast what their offer is.

Back