Covington vs McGregor 170lbs—who gets it done and how?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a likely matchup to be made next year in 2019, after Colby beats Woodley and becomes undisputed champion. It’s no secret that Conor wants to be the only guy to win a third belt, but does he have what it takes to step up to the King of Chaos?

It’s the classic grappler vs striker matchup. On one end we have the most polarizing bad guy in the sport, and on the other end we have the most wealthy guy in the sport. This fight could definitely break PPV records. But onto the actual fight itself...

I don’t see anyway Conor keeps up with King Colby’s pace, pressure, and elite wrestling. I think it’s safe to say Colby would melt away Conor’s average gas tank. Conor is too one dimensional, while Colby is very well rounded and has more ways to win.

Who do you think gets it done and how? I’ve got Colby Covington winning via RNC or TKO in round 2. Could any Mod add a poll please?

Colby wrecks him obviously

McGregor has no cardio and his tdd ain't good enough for Colby

Colby won't make it to the fight because he would be crying in the corner when Conor is done with his trash talk.
Conor via forfeit.

WTF Conor beats multiple Colbys. #conorbless #goat

Conor via ko in the first or second round.. Colby would try and bum rush him while Conor disposes of him with a hook

Erm.... if they were the same size, Colby wins pretty easily. But this fight would look more like a midget throwing contest.

Colby by whatever.

His pace would melt Conor and Colby would expose Conor as the hipster nerd that he is.

Conor is 168lbs on a full stomach, he simply does not belong at WW, at FW he was an absolute killer. LW is perfect for him, plenty of challenges in Kabib, Tony and Kevin

His takedowns, cardio and pressure are better than Diaz at 170 and we saw what Diaz did to mcgregor at 170. Covington would make him tap by the 3rd.

Colby doesn't get by Woodley,then gets thrown to Usman, then gets tossed around by WW's he side stepped then gets forgotten; Colby who..?

Colby by American steel and sex appeal.
But seriously he's a good sized WW and Conor can barely fight at WW
His strength is Conor's weakness, Conor won't be fighting an undersized wrestler coming off the couch.

Colby doesn't get by Woodley,then gets thrown to Usman, then gets tossed around by WW's he side stepped then gets forgotten; Colby who..?
Back to the topic though—- if Colby and Conor met at 170lbs, who gets it done and how bro ? Interested in your take.

I think Colby is the worst match up for Conor at 170. Conor could get a fast 1-2 while Colby charges in and get the quick KO, but I think the more likely scenario would be Colby dominating Conor from bell to bell.

This is a likely matchup to be made next year in 2019, after Colby beats Woodley and becomes undisputed champion.

LOL!!!!...keep smoking that cheap shit buddy, it makes you very funny.

Back to the topic though—- if Colby and Conor met at 170lbs, who gets it done and how bro ? Interested in your take.

Colby by wrestling & pressure and Conor's lack of basic wrestling...

Back