world title holders (wba, wbc, who ibf)

#1 japan- 13 champions
#1 usa- 13 champions

#2 uk- 9 champions

#3 mexico- 4 champions

japanese dominate the lower wgts
americans are strong at light to welter
uk is spread out out from lower to middle wgts

Shout out to Japan, b/c they're so dominant in the lower (but less popular) weights, as you mentioned, they sort of get underrated. Impressive that they have 13 champs, they're really doing a good job over there.

Also Shouts to the UK. Boxing is on fire across the pond right now, they're some really good fighters coming out of there in the past several years. Correct if I'm wrong UK ppl, but seems like this is some of the best fighters you've had throughout the sport in awhile?

Not surprised with Mexico, they're always top notch. And of course, Murrica, b/c fuck yeah, we out here.

Also Shouts to the UK. Boxing is on fire across the pond right now, they're some really good fighters coming out of there in the past several years. Correct if I'm wrong UK ppl, but seems like this is some of the best fighters you've had throughout the sport in awhile?

It really is alive again here. We got champs and contenders in most weight classes. Best crop I can remember and probably the best since watson/eubank/benn.

We love mexican and south american fighters here, we appreciate a scrappy guy with heart more than anything it seems. It's great that we can bring guys like linares over and we still show them love even if they beat our guy. Spence won us over too it seems.

I'm not gonna lie, I want us to be #1 but I'm glad were back and can host big events again.

According to wikipedia there's 8 UK world champions, 11 Japanese world champions, 12 US world champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_world_boxing_champions

Not saying you're wrong, you could be right and wiki could be wrong although it seems up to date to me.

according to this wiki, there are currently 12 japanese world champions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_boxing_world_champions

anyhow, i think its becoming a new golden age especially for boxing in japan, usa, uk

sad to see miura and uchiyama retiring this week..
but so many new young fighters with slick skills
i think in a way fighters like miura are a dying breed.. we don't old school guys like that anymore

& murata should also have a wba mw belt!
should be 13 japanese!

Also Shouts to the UK. Boxing is on fire across the pond right now, they're some really good fighters coming out of there in the past several years. Correct if I'm wrong UK ppl, but seems like this is some of the best fighters you've had throughout the sport in awhile

Quite a bit of money has been pumped in to the amateur game over the last 20 years through lottery funding of Olympic sports. That, coupled with the fact that boxing has never been too far from mainstream is why we are doing so well at the moment, and it will continue. Last year we had 13 champions which is far more than we've ever had at one time before. And I think this is why we have champions across all of the divisions!

Because of the success in both ami and pros, boxing gyms are full over here. I've been boxing on and off for 25 years and I can't remember this much interest in taking up the sport

also, the lower wgts are becoming more popular than it ever has which is making boxing bigger

pacquiao being a world phenomenon is a big reason.. rooting for the smaller guy
ufc (although a completely diff sport) adding lower wgt divisions & conor mcgregor being the most famous mma guy at fw
chocolatito being recognized pfp#1, and also lomachenko..

& the uk having a lot of smaller fighters like frampton, yafai in the lighter ranks, making the pool more diverse
inoue has superstar potential if he fights in the u.s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back