3a. Morgan Wallen
5. Zac Brown

My top 5 overall counting Outlaw

1. Tyler Childers
2. Cody Jinks
3. Stapleton
4. Whiskey Meyers
5. Sturg

I cannot understand country stations not playing Tyler Childers or Cody Jinks. Both blow away any current artist not named Chris Stapleton in current countty

Last edited:

Not a fan of country but this is the greatest country song I ever heard. I discovered this band an hour ago and they're new.

Virgina Wynette Pugh
what a gal. her biography is a hoot.

For my money the greatest country singer of all time is David Allan Coe. Although I will note that 1) He is completely nuts, so 2) He has all kinds of, uh, shall we say morally dubious material out there. His catalogue is huge and not mainly that stuff but it's there.
If you can stomach that, then he's the best.

I saw him live for the first time maybe 25 years ago in a tiny bar on the outskirts of Williamsburg, VA. As I mentioned, he has some questionable material so, among the audience, were plenty of questionable people. Like, I mean people with KKK patches on their biker vests and stuff. And Coe shows up with a black drummer and hispanic guitar player. Because that's the kind of DGAF thing he'll do.

Here's his duet "This Bottle (In My Hand)" with George Jones (which has none of the questionable stuff I mentioned). Get his "The First 10 Years" album. Which is kind of like a best of/comp of his first few albums. Pretty much every song is gold.

Oh and he did an album with Pantera. You read that right. Or actually Pantera minus Phil. Called "Rebel Meets Rebel". It's actually pretty solid. You can hear Dimebag sing part of the second song.

Last edited:

love this woman

Bluegrass music is uniquely American when you think about it.

One of my favorite current artists based out of Asheville, NC

she's an angel

Zach Bryan pretty decent. What I don't get is Zack Bryan is basically less gritty , cleaned up version of Tyler Childers. Or really a less than Tyler an Zach Bryan even admits that. Yet somehow Tyler still gets basically zero airplay on most country stations while Zack gets played on repeat. Makes no sense to me. Zack got nothing like Feathered Indians, Hounds to heaven, Whitehouse road, etc

Zach Bryan pretty decent. What I don't get is Zack Bryan is basically less gritty , cleaned up version of Tyler Childers. Or really a less than Tyler an Zach Bryan even admits that. Yet somehow Tyler still gets basically zero airplay on most country stations while Zack gets played on repeat. Makes no sense to me. Zack got nothing like Feathered Indians, Hounds to heaven, Whitehouse road, etc
I don't know Tyler, but isn't that par for the course with Country these days?

The only reason Ryan Bingham ever got any airplay at all was because some Hollywood suit noticed him early, and gave him soundtrack play. Otherwise he'd be equally obscure to this day.

I don't know Tyler, but isn't that par for the course with Country these days?

The only reason Ryan Bingham ever got any airplay at all was because some Hollywood suit noticed him early, and gave him soundtrack play. Otherwise he'd be equally obscure to this day.
Your in for a treat then. Sit back and Listen to Tyler Childers Purgatory album an enhoy. Thi k Zack Bryan only much better

Back