Could we see Islam vs Conor UFC 300?

Gladiator24

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This just makes sense to me. Conor is coming back, Islam needs an opponent, ufc 300 needs a historic main event.

Islam doesn’t have a contender, there isn’t a next in line imo, Gaethje needs to fight Oliveira to determine a next in line and gamrot nobody really wants to see it. Plus we know dana has his favourites and he’s already on record saying Conor can get an immediate title shot.

Plus I don’t see the UFC risking putting Conor in a fight with chandler or someone else in case he loses. That would be the biggest cash cow gone if he loses straight away to a lesser ranked opponent, whereas losing to someone like Islam won’t hurt his future marketability.

Plus, it would be the biggest selling PPV of all time, bar none. The story, the build up writes itself. The whole Conor getting his black belt too, improving his ground game, the buzz the anticipation would be through the roof.

This just makes sense to me. Conor is coming back, Islam needs an opponent, ufc 300 needs a historic main event.

Islam doesn’t have a contender, there isn’t a next in line imo, Gaethje needs to fight Oliveira to determine a next in line and gamrot nobody really wants to see it. Plus we know dana has his favourites and he’s already on record saying Conor can get an immediate title shot.

Plus I don’t see the UFC risking putting Conor in a fight with chandler or someone else in case he loses. That would be the biggest cash cow gone if he loses straight away to a lesser ranked opponent, whereas losing to someone like Islam won’t hurt his future marketability.

Plus, it would be the biggest selling PPV of all time, bar none. The story, the build up writes itself. The whole Conor getting his black belt too, improving his ground game, the buzz the anticipation would be through the roof.
At 155 pounds?

You can’t be serious?

I would love to see McConor get another deserved mauling by another Dagestan fighter.
...But no way in hell does McConor deserve a title shot. He is on a 3 fight losing streak to top LW contenders.

This Conor chap you refer too, does he still fight? The only one I know of hasn't won a fight in almost 4 years and before that was 2-2 the previous 4 years..... I think Charles has the shot and he needs to take it.

Conor can do his midget wrestling at the prelims to entertain the kiddies.

Boxing usually does gimmick fights but Conor fighting for whats basically an "Undisputed" belt in Boxing feels out of place, the tune up is usually a mandatory that is doing ok and its his chance at the belt because of rankings, Conor isnt ranked, or active, or coming off retirement with a previous win streak, he has no place fighting Islam, he should probably fight Chandler or Olives to skip the line and then i could see it happening.

I don't want to see islam sit out for that long considering he barely took a strike today

Absolute trash idea.

Conor is a long fucking way from a title shot.

Islam does have legit contender in Justin.

This only makes sense if you’re the UFC looking to make a quick buck and cash out on Conor one more time. This should be strongly rejected by anybody that wants any sense of integrity in the sport.

It's the biggest fight that can be made.

Purists will hate it, casuals will love it and everyone will watch

oliveira and conor are probably fighting next. If conor wins (unlikely), why not?

Back