Could Tyron Woodley take Platinum Mike Perrys standing elbows ?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Admittedly, the clinch is Woodley's main weakness - which also happens to be where Platinum Mike really shines. IMO in a 5 rounds fight Platinum would land at least one of these and the lights would go out for the current champion

Awesome analysis, I didn't think about that. The difference between Nate's elbows and Mike's is that Perry's are made out of Platinum, meaning T-Wood would be out cold after the first one lands. He'd be shooting for doubles from literally the opposite end of the cage.

he is a way better fighter than those days against marquart. he also mixes it up so well compared to ellenberger that you cant really compare the mma math. twood has no problem beating perry

Oh boy..... lets just make one fight win streaks mean you get the belt.

The belt could change hands several times per night.

I think the Platinum people around here is funny for the most part, but I gotta say if he fought Woodley I believe Woodley would hit him in the face so hard it would look like a homerun baseball hit. And that is if Woodley chooses to be nice and give Perry the stand up fight he wants. Woodley could also throw him to the ground and elbow him as much as he'd like. It would be very bad for Perrys health to fight Woodley.

Admittedly, the clinch is Woodley's main weakness - which also happens to be where Platinum Mike really shines. IMO in a 5 rounds fight Platinum would land at least one of these and the lights would go out for the current champion

Ellenberger is 2-7 in his past 9. The two men that he beat are 1-5 and 0-6 respectively in their last 6.

Between Ellenberger and the two men that he has beaten in his last 9 fights, they are 3-18 of their last 21.

The three of them (Ellenberger and his most recent victories) are a combined 1-18 in their last 19 fights against everyone else they have faced besides one another.

But, yeah... the latest guy to beat Ellenberger, extending his win streak to precisely one fight, is for sure the clear favourite against the champ.

Last edited:
Ellenberger is 7-2 in his past 9. The two men that he beat are 1-5 and 0-6 respectively in their last 6.

Between Ellenberger and the two men that he has beaten in his last 9 fights, they are 3-18 of their last 21.

The three of them (Ellenberger and his most recent victories) are a combined 1-18 in their last 19 fights against everyone else they have faced besides one another.

But, yeah... the latest guy to beat Ellenberger, extending his win streak to precisely one fight, is for sure the clear favourite against the champ.
Styles make fights. Platinum Mike has a sick clinch game and would definitely give Woodley trouble

It would be the two guys with the most one shot KO power at WW facing off, even I as a huge Platinum fan wouldn't want to call it. Could Tyron stay standing after one of those elbows? No, not a chance - a more appropriate question would be: Would Tyron be alive after one of those elbows?

Styles make fights. Platinum Mike has a sick clinch game and would definitely give Woodley trouble

Woodley is one tick WW when you solid & thick they call you "Tick" and Woodley is that, I don't think Mike wanna play that game for any extended period if this fight were to happen.

Woodley is one tick WW when you solid & thick they call you "Tick" and Woodley is that, I don't think Mike wanna play that game for any extended period if this fight were to happen.
Mike bigger than Woodley.

Marron, one of the best KO's ever by Nate on Woodley. Brutal.

Just noticed what a great job that was by the ref in protecting the comatose Ellenberger.

Ellenberger is 7-2 in his past 9. The two men that he beat are 1-5 and 0-6 respectively in their last 6.

So much effort into sperging out with stats yet you still got it wrong(lol @ Jake being 7-2 in his past 9).

This win isn't about who he beat, but how he beat who. The only other person who totally starched Ellenberger like that with one shot is Thompson and he's pretty good, being that he's fought twice for the title lately and all that. Perry has a good win.

Nobody at WW can take a clean elbow from Perry. Just brutal.

Woolley would put him to sleep or pummel him on the ground.

Platinum beat a worn out and older jake

Back