Could fedor get back into it?

He stopped to use his grappling = the competition got better so he couldn't use his grappling effectively.

Don't be stupid he's 40 for christ sake, I say the power from most heavyweights will put him away these days, he's an absolute legend so this isn't a dig but hes passed it now.

He stopped to use his grappling = the competition got better so he couldn't use his grappling effectively.

The reason he hasn't tried to take anyone down since 2006 is because Mitrione and Maldonado are better on the ground than Big Nog?

I never saw it that way, but it makes a lot of sense.

No, he's too old and slow now. He's had a career spanning about 15 years and has been through wars, no need to keep fighting if you ask me.

Father time comes for everyone, even the #1 HW of all time.

I remember having to tell myself to breath when he just walked CroCop down.

Still love the AA ko and walk away like he just ordered a coffee.

The reason he hasn't tried to take anyone down since 2006 is because Mitrione and Maldonado are better on the ground than Big Nog?

I never saw it that way, but it makes a lot of sense.
Not if you get punched in the face when closing the distance.
Fedor is not a wrestler, he has not double and single legs, never had, to get the opponent down he has to deal with their hands first.

What happened to Fedor is the same thing that happened to Ronda, another super dominant fighter, the competition got better.

Not if you get punched in the face when closing the distance.
Fedor is not a wrestler, he has not double and single legs, never had, to get the opponent down he has to deal with their hands first.

What happened to Fedor is the same thing that happened to Ronda, another super dominant fighter, the competition got better.

In his prime he could clear punching distance and enter the clinch in one smooth movement.

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_001.gif
23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_013.gif

He lost to worse fighters than he beat. Big Nog cleanly beat Werdum and Henderson when they fought in their physical primes.

In his prime he could clear punching distance and enter the clinch in one smooth movement.

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_001.gif
23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_013.gif

He lost to worse fighters than he beat. Big Nog cleanly beat Werdum and Henderson when they fought in their physical primes.
In their physical primes my ass, Werdum and Hendo got a lot better later in their career.

Nogueira could not wrestler to save his life, easy to look great taking him down.
This is something that nut huggers can't understand, it's easy to look amazing against an outmached opponent.
Shogun looked like a NCAA wrestler against Minotouro, the Nog bros were two butt flopping jiu jitsu guys with solid boxing.

Fedor got completely outgrappled by a 91 kilos fighter, basically a small middleweight by today standards.
Very good grappler, but still 91 kilos.

Randleman, another smaller heavyweight, dumped him on his head and every nut hugger was/is super impressed how he managed to survived, meanwhile no legit wrestler would have been throw like that.
Good base, handfighting or hooking the leg, that's how a decent wrestler would have stopped that.

Freaking Matt Lindland was a middleweight and almost took Fedor down, Fedor grabbed the rope to stop Lindland.

Hong Man Choi took Fedor down, not the other way.

Fedor had big problem taking Hunt down, and Hunt at the time had no exactly stellar takedown defense.

Fedor was nowhere close taking Arlovski down, Arlosvki is a big, fit heavyweight with solid grappling fundamentals, not a Semmy Schilt.

Fedor had huge problem taking Brett Rogers down, Roger even briefly mounted him.
Funnily enough, there is 2009 footage of Rogers training with Velasquez before that fight.

Cain just tooling with him, that's how a proper heavyweight grappler should have handled Rogers.

Fedor was then outgrappled by Bigfoot, i clearly remember at the time a lot of people were pushing for a 230 pounds division, including Bas Rutten, because monsters like Bigfoor, Lesnar and Carwin were getting skilled and just too big to handle for smaller heavyweights (Pride even had a rule that favoured the smaller fighter if the fight went into a decision).
Then chubby smaller heavyweight Cormier killed Bigfoot and the 230 pounds division talk with it.

ajqq3b.jpg

Fedor never had the ability to do this, to put a big heavyweight with grappling skills on his ass like that.

And lastly Fedor lost to Dan Henderson, not because he was so out of his prime or because Dan was unwinnable for him, but because he did a rookie mistake giving Dan the easiest single leg possible, Dan spun to his back and the rest is history.

Against Singh Jaideep, a old retired Fedor suddenly acquired all his grappling skills back.

In their physical primes my ass, Werdum and Hendo got a lot better later in their career.

Nogueira could not wrestler to save his life, easy to look great taking him down.
This is something that nut huggers can't understand, it's easy to look amazing against an outmached opponent.
Shogun looked like a NCAA wrestler against Minotouro, the Nog bros were two butt flopping jiu jitsu guys with solid boxing.

Fedor got completely outgrappled by a 91 kilos fighter, basically a small middleweight by today standards.
Very good grappler, but still 91 kilos.

Randleman, another smaller heavyweight, dumped him on his head and every nut hugger was/is super impressed how he managed to survived, meanwhile no legit wrestler would have been throw like that.
Good base, handfighting or hooking the leg, that's how a decent wrestler would have stopped that.

Freaking Matt Lindland was a middleweight and almost took Fedor down, Fedor grabbed the rope to stop Lindland.

Hong Man Choi took Fedor down, not the other way.

Fedor had big problem taking Hunt down, and Hunt at the time had no exactly stellar takedown defense.

Fedor was nowhere close taking Arlovski down, Arlosvki is a big, fit heavyweight with solid grappling fundamentals, not a Semmy Schilt.

Fedor had huge problem taking Brett Rogers down, Roger even briefly mounted him.
Funnily enough, there is 2009 footage of Rogers training with Velasquez before that fight.

Cain just tooling with him, that's how a proper heavyweight grappler should have handled Rogers.

Fedor was then outgrappled by Bigfoot, i clearly remember at the time a lot of people were pushing for a 230 pounds division, including Bas Rutten, because monsters like Bigfoor, Lesnar and Carwin were getting skilled and just too big to handle for smaller heavyweights (Pride even had a rule that favoured the smaller fighter if the fight went into a decision).
Then chubby smaller heavyweight Cormier killed Bigfoot and the 230 pounds division talk with it.

ajqq3b.jpg

Fedor never had the ability to do this, to put a big heavyweight with grappling skills on his ass like that.

And lastly Fedor lost to Dan Henderson, not because he was so out of his prime or because Dan was unwinnable for him, but because he did a rookie mistake giving Dan the easiest single leg possible, Dan spun to his back and the rest is history.

Against Singh Jaideep, a old retired Fedor suddenly acquired all his grappling skills back.

Thanks for this…Great fucking post with tons of logic!!!!

In that wall of bullshit you saying Fedor could never put Bigfoot on his back because Bigfoot is apparently some grappling savant, even though in the Bigfoot fight Fedor put him on his back after he tried a guillotine in round 1, is oddly some of the least offensively stupid shit in there

In that wall of bullshit you saying Fedor could never put Bigfoot on his back because Bigfoot is apparently some grappling savant, even though in the Bigfoot fight Fedor put him on his back after he tried a guillotine in round 1, is oddly some of the least offensively stupid shit in there
How rude, if you can't handle others opinion then don't quote me and get in an argument.

How rude, if you can't handle others opinion than don't quote me and get in an argument.

Post another essay you fucking geek

Its really very impressive and doesn't at all look like shallow overcompensation

Yes because you are offering solid arguments.

No really, I have no idea how to respond to "Arona outgrappled Fedor" by sitting on him and doing nothing while Fedor tried for submissions as per the RINGS scoring system

No really, I have no idea how to respond to "Arona outgrappled Fedor" by sitting on him and doing nothing while Fedor tried for submissions as per the RINGS scoring system
Taking someone down, mounting him, taking his back isn't outgrappling?
Then go to the grappling forum and ask somebody who was the better grappler in that fight.

By the way, you are nitpicking, that's straw man argument, i don't have time to lose so i am out of here.
Have a good day sir.

Taking someone down, mounting him, taking his back isn't outgrappling?
Then go to the grappling forum and ask somebody who was the better grappler in that fight.

By the way, you are nitpicking, that's straw man argument, i don't hate time to lose so i am out of here.
Have a good day sir.

As far as the Rings rules were concerned, no. That's why Fedor won. That's how this works.

As far as the Rings rules were concerned, no. That's why Fedor won. That's how this works.
Well, then Kohsaka beat Fedor according to RINGS rules, so next time i ear Fedor was 10 years undefeated i already know what to say, it was RINGS rules.

Back