Cotto vs Sergio - MSG - June 7th

Lol Pavlik got destroyed , why even bringing this up.

Thats not accurate. Pavlik was starting to come on in that fight and even scored aKD before getting cuts.

By the time the second fight happened Margarito was already a shot fighter with one eye. He was a fuckin' cyclops due to the broken orbital bone Pac gave him. He was barely licensed for that fight. It was almost called off the previous week. He hasn't fought since then, he had to retire.

Fighting Martinez at this point is an entirely different proposition.

Cotto gets stopped by Martinez.

So, about as even as Margacheato's gloves? Got it.

Thats not accurate. Pavlik was starting to come on in that fight and even scored aKD before getting cuts.

I bet on Pavlik on that fight...I thought I completely lost the wager but Pavlik was staging a mid fight come back...I think he floored Serg if I remember correctly.

It was the cuts that ended up making all the difference
he bled worse that Jerry Quarry.

Pavlik gave him a shot to the forehead that put Martinez down. Martinez called it a slip I believe but it was quite the punch.

Think Sergio had Kelly no matter what. Way too much speed and movement. He was hitting Kel at will.

Kel's strong put was fighting guys who stood in front of him and traded blows for blows.

Pavlik got cut from Martinez hitting his face too much , thats what happened. haha maybe you guys should watch the fight again.

Is that what your google search told you?

Pavlik started timing Sergio with the jab at one point in the middle rds. Sergio was having trouble with it b/c Pavlik was keeping him from getting inside and landing his left like he had been earlier in the fight. Sergio ended up getting one in that cut Kelly up pretty bad over one of his eyes iirc, and it was over from then on.

Pavlik's cutman was shit and he didn't do much to fix it, so he couldn't see out of that eye from then on and Sergio took advantage. It was a competitive fight that Pavlik had momentum in until the time of the cut. Im a big fan of both guys but Sergio was having trouble with Kelly's jab up for awhile there and was having difficulty finding a way in.

I bet on Pavlik on that fight...I thought I completely lost the wager but Pavlik was staging a mid fight come back...I think he floored Serg if I remember correctly.

It was the cuts that ended up making all the difference
he bled worse that Jerry Quarry.

The cuts were from legal punches so all is fair. I'm not knocking the win but Pavlik did win some of the middle rounds.

I remember rooting for Pavlik during that fight. He was coming in strong but Sergio showed a whole lot if heart by battling back a messing up Pavlik's face. Say what you want about cuts, but they were caused by punches and it definitely doesn't cheapen the win at all. It won't cheapen the win when Sergio smashes in Cotto's face either.

Of course it wont, because it isnt going to happen.

Regarding Pavlik vs Sergio

Sergio was definitely the better man that night. He battled and might not have hurt Pavlik, per se, but he put leather on him and caused the cuts, but let's not act like Pavlik wasn't giving Serg the business for a solid stretch of rounds in the middle portion of the fight.

Regarding Pavlik vs Sergio

Sergio was definitely the better man that night. He battled and might not have hurt Pavlik, per se, but he put leather on him and caused the cuts, but let's not act like Pavlik wasn't giving Serg the business for a solid stretch of rounds in the middle portion of the fight.

I don't think anyone is denying that. In fact, those who are picking against Sergio are using examples of him having "trouble" with good boxers, especially using his recent fights as examples. That's fine. One thing they're overlooking is the fact that Sergio came back and win them all. He found a way. Just like he will against Cotto, although I don't see Cotto being as big of a challenge.

30 Day weigh in

Cotto-160.2

miguel%20cotto.jpg

Sexy-170

sergio%20martinez.jpg

Rest of the article here: http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-30-day-weight-check-cotto-1602-martinez-170--77642

30 day weigh in is a 10% thing right? Most they can weigh is 176?

Anyway, that 10 lb disadvantage isn't something that fazes Cotto. The question will be about Sergio's mobility.

30 day weigh in is a 10% thing right? Most they can weigh is 176?

Anyway, that 10 lb disadvantage isn't something that fazes Cotto. The question will be about Sergio's mobility.

It's 10 pounds now, but they both will have a 160 pound limit that I'm sure they'll both come under, especially Cotto.

And Sergio's mobility was never going to be his best weapon against Cotto. His reach advantage, power, and stamina will be. Even if he can't move the same, he's still going to bust Cotto up.

When has Sergio ever relied on reach to win a fight?

Sergio is a mobility based fighter. This is what he needs to beat Cotto. Sergio doesn't use his reach well enough, nor is his reach advantage big enough to beat Cotto with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back