Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

Hmm, spoken like someone with no experience with coffee houses.

You hanging out in a Starbucks doesn't negatively affect the bottom line. All of the overhead, staff, utilities, etc. still have to be paid whether you're there or not. And the reality is that if you hang out in my Starbucks long enough, you will eventually buy something. And if you hang out there everyday, you'll buy lots of somethings. If you have any friends, they will eventually meet you at my Starbucks and they will probably buy something.

So by all means, when I open a Starbucks with @Jackie Blue I hope that you do actually show up every day.
i will, i just hope you guys don't end up like the other 600 locations that are being closed due to lagging sales

More and more restaurants are starting to institute time limits even for payng customers. A lot of it has to do with freeloaders taking advantage of the free wifi.

yeah that why Starbucks closed down 600 stores because of lagging sales, cause the come in , buy nothing model has worked so great, just google it, like i said, you know nothing about running a business and apparently neither does starbucks.
Jesus man, EVERY business struggles from time-to-time. To argue that it's not a successful business model flies in the face of the overwhelming evidence. You've been talking nonsense this entire time. It's pathetic.

yeah that why Starbucks closed down 600 stores because of lagging sales, cause the come in , buy nothing model has worked so great, just google it, like i said, you know nothing about running a business and apparently neither does starbucks.

They have 20,000 locations and the next largest competitor has 11,000. Their business model was so successful that many companies that relied on the standard customer turnover model, like Dunkin Donuts and the fast food chains, started incorporating elements of the Starbucks model into their businesses. They've spawned dozens of competitors as well. Stock has taken a little bit of a hit but nothing to suggest the business itself is failing.

i will, i just hope you guys don't end up like the other 600 locations that are being closed due to lagging sales

600 out of 20000? From a business that has almost 2x the locations of its closest competitor? I'll take those odds.

Not really sure whatvthe cops were supposed to do.

Starbucks called the cops and Philly has laws against loitering and trespassing.

The cops asked them to leave and they decided on civil disobedience instead.

The cops realized this was a sensitive issue so they called supervisors and a patrol car to arrest the men.

These guys are going to get a nice lawsuit settlement from Starbucks doe.

Starbucks called the cops and Philly has laws against loitering and trespassing.

The cops realized this was a sensitive issue so they called supervisors and a patrol car to arrest the men.

These are all BS stories to divide us man...the liberals will cry foul as always and we will see it as a non issue as almost always as it is

2018 I’m still waiting for one liberal to be half as sad for black kids getting shot in comparison to this bullshit waste of time divisive agenda

Fuck Msnbc

I fully admit I'm being difficult. No doubt about that. Read my last reply. That might explain my "beef" with this story.

It just cheeses me off that anything out of the norm is attributed to racism. I'd be calling for the managers head, figuratively, if there was an apparent racist motive behind his actions. As there isn't, I don't see the benefit of fueling that particular fire.

Ok, then what is your explanation for telling these 2 specific individuals to order or leave when the customers in the store state the individuals weren't doing anything wrong and that they, the other customers, often do the same thing without issue?

The real story is, why is two guys being lawfully arrested with zero incident and then let go without charges after being report by 1 person a front page new story on CNN and a multi-page story on sherdog?

Can someone please answer this? It would be like a white person being mad they were pulled over for a blown out tail light by a black cop and it being national news.

And you know as well as anyone that Center City Starbucks are full of people who sit there for hours doing nothing but staring at their laptops, lol.

They have 20,000 locations and the next largest competitor has 11,000. Their business model was so successful that many companies that relied on the standard customer turnover model, like Dunkin Donuts and the fast food chains, started incorporating elements of the Starbucks model into their businesses. They've spawned dozens of competitors as well. Stock has taken a little bit of a hit but nothing to suggest the business itself is failing.[/QU
Jesus man, EVERY business struggles from time-to-time. To argue that it's not a successful business model flies in the face of the overwhelming evidence. You've been talking nonsense this entire time. It's pathetic.

you are way too emotionally invested, I'm curious to know what would happen to you if the entire company folded.

Edit. This one not for you Panamican

Fair enough. We may not see eye-to-eye on this, but I think we generally agree on most things. I have a strong sense of fairness and fair play, and I apologize if I went too far in defending that in this thread. Don't want to make things overly personal on here. You're right, such is life. :)
We're all good. No need to apologize as you weren't out of line at all.

I don't tolerate people getting the short end of the stick for being different through no doing of their own. I've had my fill of that as a kid and I'll stand up against such bs. That's why I have an issue when I think that narrative is used without proof. Like I said, maybe I'm off in this instance but I don't see how. Cheers buddy!

I fully admit I'm being difficult. No doubt about that. Read my last reply. That might explain my "beef" with this story.

It just cheeses me off that anything out of the norm is attributed to racism. I'd be calling for the managers head, figuratively, if there was an apparent racist motive behind his actions. As there isn't, I don't see the benefit of fueling that particular fire.

It's probably just stereotyping.

A lot of homeless around that area.

2 black dudes came in and didn't order anything so the employee assumed they were homeless and asked them to leave.

They didn't so the cops were called.

I'm sure this was said but they were waiting for a 3rd man they were meeting there so they could all order together

It's probably just stereotyping.

A lot of homeless around that area.

W black dudes came in and didn't order anything so the employee assumed they were homeless and asked them to leave.

They didn't son the cops were called.

I'm sure this was said bit they were waiting for a 3rd man they were meeting there so they could all order together

They also apparently tried to use the toilet, which is pretty much all the homeless people want to ever do.

I live in Philadelphia and I will say this the encounters I had with the police where chill but the encounters I had with some of the "progressive" locals is fucking stupid. And they should have walked when they where told to leave and when the cops stopped them they should have explained the situation.

Ok, then what is your explanation for telling these 2 specific individuals to order or leave when the customers in the store state the individuals weren't doing anything wrong and that they, the other customers, often do the same thing without issue?
I don't have an explanation. It could have been racism. Is that your explanation?

I never go to Starbucks lol.

Rarely for me, just the occasional Caramel Apple Spice cider. But I used to walk by that one and the one at 19th and Chestnut all of the time. The same people would be there in the morning and the afternoon.

the only thing starbucks is good for is using their bathrooms.

Back