Console Wars... Which Side Were You on Throughout the Different Video Game Generations?

Console Wars... Which Side Were You on Throughout the Different Video Game Generations?

• Total voters
Voted, but you are missing Sega Saturn and Dreamcast.

first system was nes, loved it

then i went sega genesis/cd. I just thought it seemed cooler with sonic. But my best friend at time had snes and i knew deep down that chose wrong. Donkey kong country alone made me wish i had went the otehr way.

then i went away from consoles for a bit and gave pc's a try. But picked up the ps1 years after it had came out. Loved tony hawk, tenchu, metal gear solid etc..

then halo sucked me into xbox, been team xbox ever since with the 360 and now the one.

Every Xbox
GameCube
N64
NES
Dreamcast

Its pretty amazing that Nes and PS2 are at the top and equal in votes atm.

Its fairly clear that they were the definitive models of analog and Digital gaming, respectively... and hard to name one better than the other, all things considered.

I got screwed on the Dreamcast. It ruled,had great games,and sega just said fuck you lol,we abandoned you lol

The Dreamcast was a great console. It's to bad it was Segas last. They fucked up with the Saturn though. Then by the time they came around, Microsoft already jumped into the fray with their juggernaut marketing, Sony was kicking ass with the PS2. Then there was Nintendo being Nintendo.

Sega was doomed.

Nes
Super Nintendo ( The goat system of all times)
PS1
PS2
Xbox 360
Xbox One.

A girlfriend also got me a gamecube, and I bought a genesis and original xbox used for cheap.

Of the Nintendo systems I had, I always wanted the competition and regretted what I had.

Also rarely spent an entire generation committed to one system. I was an XBOX fan through that gen, but I also had a GCN (didn't keep it) and a PS2.

Then I started with a 360 but after RROD x3 I went with PS3.

I had an N64 but I think it sucked and wanted a PS.

I returned my Dreamcast when I learned it was being discontinued, but I was fortunate enough to have tried Shenmue before I got rid of it, and ultimately went back and got another DC and have very fond memories of it.

I have my favorite systems but I ultimately go where I perceive the best games to be.

I was a Sega kid. Master system and Mega Drive.

After that Ps1 and 2. My younger brothers were spoiled as fuck so we had Xbone and N64 in the house as well.

My first console I bought myself for my own digs was a 360. Probably my GOAT system thus far. Still own over 100 games for it.

I bought an Xbone 1 when they came out but wasnt impressed and went PC master race shortly thereafter.

Still on PC, but bought a ps4 pro around Christmas and have used it a decent amount.

SNES (2D king)
N64 (Had the greatest games of different genres ever made for its time. Platformer/Adventure/FPS/Fighting/Racing - And this is with an incredibly smaller library than PSX; 2,451 vs 264<{katwhu}> Don't get me wrong PSX was insane, but the quality:quantity ratio was awful)

Gamecube (The games were good, some just about great but nothing truly breathtaking, my fanboy'ism dwindled - All of the highly anticipated games turned out to be just good enough)

PS3 (Huge library, and great exclusives, awesome controls. FREE ONLINE!!!! Xbox I considered the souless console for obvious reasons = $$$)

PS4 (Dropping gems more often than I can believe, this is the modern day golden era console, the amount of great games is nuts!)

Last edited:
Back