Conor's resume is looking less and less impressive as time goes on

I wouldn’t disrespect his win over Diaz tbh. He was beating the brakes off of him until he gassed, and then he played it safe because he was tired rather than panic wrestling. Him turning and running is more on Diaz who should have followed up and not let him off the hook. We’ve seen other fighters turn and get outta dodge without being made fun of, at least he only did it because he was exhausted.

It was a legit 1-1 feud IMO. Other than that, yeah it just feels like a hate thread.

connor was at the right place at the right time. good for him. and a master entertainer. in regards to fighting, I agree with OP. props to connor on his achievements, cant take that away from him.

BIG but... unlike a jon jones, gsp, cain velasquez, and Izzy... Connor did not fight a murderer's row to get to the belt. he also does not have the skills to clean out a division. and i highly doubt he has the same passion and drive to do it either with all the wealth and fame he's gotten

Conor beat a young Holloway coming off a loss, who was still young in his mma career compared to Conor’s.

When you say nobody can pull it off these days, you’re changing a narrative that Conor beat Max recently, he did not. Volkanovski beat a Holloway that was a champion, Conor beat a Holloway who was coming in a short notice bout with a striped white belt to Conor purple belt.

You dont hear Denis Bermudez fans bringing up his win over Holloway, like Conor fans acting like Holloway was the elite fighter he grew into today.

Conor was also at the same early point in his UFC career when he beat Holloway. It's still a good win regardless and deserves credit.

Max has lost to 4 fighters his entire UFC career.
DP, Conor, Volk and Bermudez.

No shame in a loss to Bermudez. He was a good fighter and ranked in the division.

Nobody else has been able to beat him. 3 of those fighters are all time greats in the sport, just like Max is.
DP showed he beats the current version of Max also. There is no shame in a fighter losing to that level of competition.

JUst give fighters credit for their wins and don't make excuses for it. Max caught Aldo towards the end of his career also, he still deserves credit for the wins.

"Fighter X has no good wins"
"How do you figure all of his wins are bad?"
"They lost to fighter X"
They've been doing this since sherdog was born. You can make anyone look like a can if you twist the narrative right. Tito was a popular target despite actually being a very good fighter over all. Once they started in on Fedor I knew it was either blatant trolling or retardation. They even made prime Coleman look like a bum. I've read about everything.

Marcus Brimage was really a 135 and ended up going 7-8 in his career. No disrespect, he just was a gimme fight for Conor. Brimage only won 1 more fight his entire career.

Max Holloway was 21 years old and a UFC journeymen at the time. Looks good on paper, but it wasnt that great of a victory.

Diego Brandao was a good finisher, definitely a higher level win compared to the first 2, but ultimately is a journeyman who went 28-21.

Dustin was a solid win, but we all know what happened when Dustin moved up.

He fought a past prime Siver, who was a step down in competition. Siver went on to fight 2 more times and fought Kawajiri and beat an ancient BJ Penn.

Conor had an entire training camp for Aldo who got injured. Chad steps in on 2 weeks notice and nearly beats Conor.

Flash KO'ing Aldo was his greatest victory. He ducked the rematch, but this was a top tier win.

Gets completely embarrassed by Nate Diaz. Looking back at this, this is humiliating as Diaz was barely a top 10 fighter. A double champ lost to a mediocre fighter in Diaz.

The rematch was just as embarrassing. He literally ran the entire fight and eked out a decision after playing it safe.

His performance over Eddie was really good, but Eddie is the least relevant LW champ in UFC history. Another stylistic match-up that worked in his favor.

Gets Smashed by Khabib.

Gets another gimme easy fight against grandpa Cerrone.

Gets smashed by Dustin twice and breaks his leg.

His wins over Aldo and Eddie are quality wins without a doubt, but the rest of his career was getting beat by better guys or beating cans and journeyman.

Aldo win was legendary, but other than that? He's pretty medicore

Yes the eddie win was a good performance, but that's the easiest style for conor and despite Eddie's many accomplishments outside of the Ufc, his career is overrated especially in the UFC

A good 18 months with many favourable matches for his style

As a businessman/entertainer? Yeah top notch, he did get help but ran with the ball for sure

As a fighter? Good, but nothing special. Many have surpassed him and many more will

If you care about kardashian bullshit and dollars, he will mean a lot, but he wasn't an all time great as an athlete. Didn't do enough

Last edited:
They've been doing this since sherdog was born. You can make anyone look like a can if you twist the narrative right. Tito was a popular target despite actually being a very good fighter over all. Once they started in on Fedor I knew it was either blatant trolling or retardation. They even made prime Coleman look like a bum. I've read about everything.
Nah bro. Coleman wasn't in his prime because he had taken some losses. Let's just ignore the fact that someone like Coleman fought the same in one night as most current champions fight in a year...

Listen, Conman has ruined his legacy to a small degree and he’s well beyond his sell-by-date. But his run was nothing short of magic. I was rooting against him the entire time, and he continued to disappoint me. There is all this bullshit now about manifestation and destiny, but back then Connor seemed to be a literal chosen of the Elder powers. His walk against Aldo was historic.

Nah bro. Coleman wasn't in his prime because he had taken some losses. Let's just ignore the fact that someone like Coleman fought the same in one night as most current champions fight in a year...
Mark Coleman was 40yrs old when Fedor who was 28 beat him. He was not in his prime. And 43-44 the second time. He wasn’t in his prime because of his losses.

Conor was also at the same early point in his UFC career when he beat Holloway. It's still a good win regardless and deserves credit.

Max has lost to 4 fighters his entire UFC career.
DP, Conor, Volk and Bermudez.

No shame in a loss to Bermudez. He was a good fighter and ranked in the division.

Nobody else has been able to beat him. 3 of those fighters are all time greats in the sport, just like Max is.
DP showed he beats the current version of Max also. There is no shame in a fighter losing to that level of competition.

JUst give fighters credit for their wins and don't make excuses for it. Max caught Aldo towards the end of his career also, he still deserves credit for the wins.
I do give Conor credit for his win over Max, but I don’t elevate it to the point the narrative changes from a young Holloway was just getting his footing in MMA to Conor beating the great fighter Holloway became.

Mark Coleman was 40yrs old when Fedor who was 28 beat him. He was not in his prime. And 43-44 the second time. He wasn’t in his prime because of his losses.
Most wrestlers who come across aren;t at their best. Let me rephrase from prime to a good win at the time then.
I get annoyed with people discrediting fighters wins at the time they beat them. Guys like Coleman etc were all top 20 fighters around that time and could come across with their skillset at that time and still be top 20 today.

Most of today's fighters would struggle in the tournament style format from Pride for example.

I do give Conor credit for his win over Max, but I don’t elevate it to the point the narrative changes from a young Holloway was just getting his footing in MMA to Conor beating the great fighter Holloway became.

Max was a 5 fight UFC veteran and Connor was on his second fight with the UFC. Max was more experienced at a higher level but COnor had more fights because he was extremely active back then.

Max was a great fighter back then, he just ran into another great fighter on the rise.
Given they both went on to do great things. I think Mcgregor would have had some decent success against Max if they had rematched again at 145. People talk shit about Conor, but at 145 he was a monster. He was one of those rare fighters that actually seems to do better with a weightcut, I wonder if he trained harder when he had to make 145 cardio wise or something.

Max was a 5 fight UFC veteran and Connor was on his second fight with the UFC. Max was more experienced at a higher level but COnor had more fights because he was extremely active back then.

Max was a great fighter back then, he just ran into another great fighter on the rise.
Given they both went on to do great things. I think Mcgregor would have had some decent success against Max if they had rematched again at 145. People talk shit about Conor, but at 145 he was a monster. He was one of those rare fighters that actually seems to do better with a weightcut, I wonder if he trained harder when he had to make 145 cardio wise or something.
Conor was 15 fights into his career to Max’s 10. Conor Mcgregor was much more experience in MMA than Max. Stop trying to justify that win as a elite win for Conor. It is ducking not. You know it.

Marcus Brimage was really a 135 and ended up going 7-8 in his career. No disrespect, he just was a gimme fight for Conor. Brimage only won 1 more fight his entire career.

Max Holloway was 21 years old and a UFC journeymen at the time. Looks good on paper, but it wasnt that great of a victory.

Diego Brandao was a good finisher, definitely a higher level win compared to the first 2, but ultimately is a journeyman who went 28-21.

Dustin was a solid win, but we all know what happened when Dustin moved up.

He fought a past prime Siver, who was a step down in competition. Siver went on to fight 2 more times and fought Kawajiri and beat an ancient BJ Penn.

Conor had an entire training camp for Aldo who got injured. Chad steps in on 2 weeks notice and nearly beats Conor.

Flash KO'ing Aldo was his greatest victory. He ducked the rematch, but this was a top tier win.

Gets completely embarrassed by Nate Diaz. Looking back at this, this is humiliating as Diaz was barely a top 10 fighter. A double champ lost to a mediocre fighter in Diaz.

The rematch was just as embarrassing. He literally ran the entire fight and eked out a decision after playing it safe.

His performance over Eddie was really good, but Eddie is the least relevant LW champ in UFC history. Another stylistic match-up that worked in his favor.

Gets Smashed by Khabib.

Gets another gimme easy fight against grandpa Cerrone.

Gets smashed by Dustin twice and breaks his leg.

His wins over Aldo and Eddie are quality wins without a doubt, but the rest of his career was getting beat by better guys or beating cans and journeyman.

Max was one of the best prospects in the entire sport when Conor fought him, how do you say he was a journeyman? Beyond that besides his short notice loss to Poirier in his debut, the only loss he had before Conor was vs Dennis Bermudez, Bermudez was a top 10 guy and that loss was a split decision many thought Max won. Max was always very elite, even in his regional days the kid was impressive. Conor had a legit win there, you're either stupid or biased here.

No, Max was coming off a loss against Denis Bermudez. Great fighters don't lose to Denis Bermudez.

tl/dr Poirer, Max, and Aldo are all time great wins and are 3 guys who became champions. Eddie Alvarez is also a good win who also was a champion. compared to Khabib's best wins, which are Conor, Poirer, RDA, and Gaethje, Conor actually has the better wins. i dislike Conor and respect Khabib, but it what it is
<WhatItIs>

I was shocked Conor beat 1 week Mendez. I thought that was going to be another Squash for MiniMendez. Wreck someone elses hypetrain and title shot. GigaMiniChad divison forever.

Kudos to Conor for proving his worth, he had no shot on any camp Mendez. Didn't he fight nate out of Cabo? Dana lined them up for him and he knocked most of them down.

Also to note is Aldo went 6-6 after fighting Conor and took 2 big beatdowns from Holloway.

Back