Conor's resume is looking less and less impressive as time goes on

Not many people jump from 145 to 170 late in the day

Enough with this nuthuggery. Conor was well on his way to being one of the greatest, but never continued on the path to true greatness by, hmm, I don't know, defending either of his titles even one time, for example. And it's not like Khabib cemented his legacy either, he retired way too early to cement any sort of GOAT status, but 'his legacy is untouchable'? Give me a break. What TS did can indeed be done to the resume of many great fighters, but Conor is nowhere near GOAT status if we are being truly honest.
I don't care about goat status or title defences or whatever, what i'm saying is that 10 years from now people are still going to talk about those 2 fights as legendary, and nobody will give a bollock about some boring ass title defences against npcs. No one gives a shit about title defences, that's just a thing people on here talk about to feel like they're 'real' fans, people care about that time McGregor destroyed Aldo in 13 seconds, yeah 'casuals' wah wah

He had that one amazing performance at LW vs Eddie. Other than that, his career at LW has been a disaster.

He beat everyone at 145 just like Volko but actually won the belt at 155 by finish instead of getting finished like Volko. Sure, he had some losses in a 3 rd weight class but if you don’t like Conor you must hate Volko.

View attachment 1012923

It’s now more than 5 years since this happened and Khabib still owns a fucking 20 million dollar mansion inside your mind, you pathetic wimp.

like jesus christ bro have you no self awareness? Get therapy.
I'm responding to a thread about something that happened well prior so who is in who's head m8?

Here i was thinking Poirier and Holloway wins aged quite nicely actually... Aldo win its special no matter how you look at it, elite win AF, so you hating on him cause he lost to Khabib? 29-0...the ones that didnt lost to Khabib are the ones that didnt fight him. Alvarez win was a great performance but Alvarez never struck me as some super legit fighter/champion, he lost to Cerrone...not that Cerrone is shit, but i mean, Cerrone was a great fighter that never touched gold and Alvarez lost to him, lost to Poirier basically twice, robs Pettis on their fight, i mean, Alvarez was champion but a win over him is not that special considering the rest of his UFC run.

Conor resume is alright for what it is, some great wins and a few loses here and there, still wont two belts in two different divisions, had RDA not pulled out and beat Conor then thats rewrites a LOT of MMA history, but alas he pulled out and we know how it went from there.

The Aldo and Eddie wins alone are better than what 99% of MMA fighters have ever accomplished, they are better than Mighty Mouse 10 title defenses against people no one's ever heard of, Conor is a living legend of MMA and even his last few losses can be chalked up to not trying as hard after making a 100 million.

His legacy is kind of untouchable really, he could even come back and lose as many times as he wants, people will just say he's not trying as hard, who can blame him, and give him props for even fighting anyone at all when he doesn't have to. I'm not even a Conor fan, but these are just facts
Absolutely nothing you said was a fact. They're all opinions; every single thing you said.

You can do this with everyone's resume
With varying degrees of success, sure

But I think with Conor there's some truth to this.

If you look at the people Conor has beat, none of them have been particularly invincible since he beat them. Cerrone took the McG fight on short notice (as did Mendes) and was on a two fight skid going into that fight. He went on to end his career on a 6 fight winless streak.

Nah bro, Holloway has a winning streak before AND after the mcgregor fight. And Conor toyed with him like he was a kid.
Alvarez was said to be a bad matchup for him, as well as Mendez (even if it was short notice)
Poirier was a great win
Aldo was a huge win
The fucking lies with Holloway, Holloway was coming off a loss against Bermudez and you fail to put in the fact Holloway stepping in on short notice and Conor dominated him like a kid, because he was a kid. Conor was already a purple in Jiu Jitsu to Holloway’s stripped white belt. You Conor nithuggers are living off that win like he beat the Holloway that was champion.

I’m the last person who is going to defend Conor, but he did not “flash KO” Aldo.

best win was eddie for sure. matched up so well stylistically. But Dustin and Max are completely different fighters. Aldo lost focus, that should have been a rematch.

Conor's resume is the best thing he has going for him actually. (It sure as hell isn't title defenses)Dustin , Aldo, Nate, Alvarez, Holloway, cowboy are awesome wins. He's like sub top 50 all time maybe. Still was a very talented striker one the best we've ever had.

Nah bro, Holloway has a winning streak before AND after the mcgregor fight. And Conor toyed with him like he was a kid.
Alvarez was said to be a bad matchup for him, as well as Mendez (even if it was short notice)
Poirier was a great win
Aldo was a huge win

Uhm Max was 3-2 (UFC) coming of a loss when facing Conor in the UFC.
People tend to count Max as a great win based on what he went on to do in the UFC.

Reactions: Kb7
Conor's run at 145 was legitimately great. His career at 155 & 170 has been mediocre to say the least.

I think if you are looking at his record you are absolutely correct.

His run was more of a legendary type deal, which is why he became so popular. Mystic Mac, talking mad shit, getting finishes. It was impressive for those reasons.

Max win aged amazingly because nobody else at FW can pull it off these days besides Volk, he also did it on one leg whilst wrestling.
Conor beat a young Holloway coming off a loss, who was still young in his mma career compared to Conor’s.

When you say nobody can pull it off these days, you’re changing a narrative that Conor beat Max recently, he did not. Volkanovski beat a Holloway that was a champion, Conor beat a Holloway who was coming in a short notice bout with a striped white belt to Conor purple belt.

You dont hear Denis Bermudez fans bringing up his win over Holloway, like Conor fans acting like Holloway was the elite fighter he grew into today.

Back