Conor's kicking game is underrated

You think Conor's kicking game is underrated?

Conor's BOXING game is underrated. He's 28, in his prime and people think he's going to have trouble against an aged, ancient Floyd Jabfest Mayweather.

He's going to slip a jab and counter with that fucking left hand and no one can take that left hand. It lands and 100 year old Floyd is going to sleep for good.

His kicks are good too.

Conor is living the dream right now. Took the UFC by storm, trying to fight Mayweather, making the cover of GQ and making millions. He's so famous right now that he can take a 9 month break from MMA and Sherdog will still talk about him every day. Keep it up Sherdog, always good for a laugh.

spinning back kick

Conor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BDiego%2BBrand%C3%A3o%2B(3

That's not a spinning back kick, that's a spinning hook kick. They are entirely different techniques.

His kicks are horrible, his left hand is great tho. I was glad to see he stopped kicking after the first Diaz fight

If he does something like this, I will agree:

tumblr_inline_nigfjmdJMO1rql7h5.gif

tumblr_inline_nigfi7eBPg1rql7h5.gif

33uc293.jpg

hunt2.gif

83904420.gif

giphy.gif

michael-page-ko-o_medium.gif

hall-KO.gif

etc.

From what I remember I saw only untrained Mendes took some of them a and Nate who just refuse to learnd how to check leg kicks.
In other fights he just looked fancy, but kicks only air.
No way he is on Wonderboy level.

<{Messi3}>
You are right, my bad.

Don't feel bad, whether you knew the difference or not. Pretty much every MMA commentator besides Joe Rogan doesn't know the difference and a lot of fighters and coaches still don't know the difference either. A lot of commentators, coaches, fans and fighters don't know the difference between a push kick and a snap kick still, it's unreal.

Conor's kicking game is bellow average.

here I corrected for you.

<JerryWWF>
You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Conor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BDiego%2BBrand%C3%A3o%2B(3

He stunned Brendao with his spinning hook kick here.

070_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

In mendes fight, His front kick played a huge part for making medes to gas out.
Again you could argue it was due to his short camp, but as a wrestler who trains as much as he does in a daily basis, It is odd to say he gassed out because of lack of preparation.
Thank you. A poster not blinded by hatred.

His kicking game is very underrated and unfairly measured against his perfect elite level boxing.

The sound of Conor's kick on Mendes:

but of course it was because mendes didn't have a full camp. Conor trained his leg kicks for diaz 2. He butchered Nate's leg. He's every improving and I expect several KO's from kicks in the future

Considering he has no knockouts, TKOs, knockdowns, and has never seriously hurt/stunned anyone with the use of a kick (at least in the UFC), I'm going to say, no, his kicks really aren't underrated at all. He has a very slow, telegraphed wheel kick that he throws with no setup which I've never seen land clean and some push kicks/teeps he uses mainly to keep distance. I'd never seen him even throw a leg kick more than once or twice before the 2nd Diaz fight. The most notable thing he's done with his kicks in the octagon is contribute to gassing out Chad Mendes, who was coming in on only a few weeks notice and obviously was not as conditioned as he could've been with a full training camp.

I will say that he USED to have a nice front leg hook kick and a jumping switch kick that he used to catch people like Holloway off guard with back in his earlier UFC fights, but those have basically completely vanished from his arsenal in the past few years.

Hurt Nate with low kicks and damaged Chad Mendes stamina with body kicks.

His fancy kicks look good in demos like that, but as already pointed out - they rarely land.

And even without Nate checking leg kicks, McGregor injured his foot. Yeah he sure knows how to throw them <36>
You've obviously never thrown kicks before. Anderson injured his against weidman...guess he doesn't know how to throw them...

Conor's kicking game is 90% flash and misdirection. Has he ever actually landed a high kick in a fight? Everything he does is to setup the straight left and he does that very, very well. Those kicks are just thrown to give his opponent something else to think about and distract from the left.
I'd say this is half true

IMG_1612.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1614.JPG

LEL no, just no his kicking game is all bark and no bite.

Back