Conor would ko both Darren Till and Wonderboy at welterweight. But would he beat Tyron?

Conor would put Wonderboy down hard. Wonderboys movement will not trump Conors movement and Conors boxing and power will prove to be too much for Wonderboy. I guarantee it

How exactly is he going to use said "boxing and power" against Wonderboy?

Wonderboy's kicks cover a much longer distance than Connor's left and Wonderboy knows just as well as anyone how to move in-and-out. If Tyron couldn't knock Wonderboy out, Connor sure as hell isn't either.

This is probably troll bait so I have no idea why I'm even responding.

I bet if Till had won the fight, TS would have started a thread "Conor could KO Woodley and Wonderboy, but could he beat Till?"

BTW TS, he would lose to all three. He is too small to be fighting top welterweights

Beat up and made to quit by short notice nate.

forced to fight in spurts and resort to turning his back and running away to avoid be finished again in the rematch

Gets stopped by small, retired floyd (after floyd got tired of carrying the bum for a few rounds).

But yeah.

2-2 (3-3 if you include Conor fights) WW Nate Diaz subbed him, what makes you think he would KO the top contenders??

Conor lost to bloated lightweight Nate Diaz. Till Is a light heavyweight cutting to welterweight. Till is just as good a striker as Nate, if not better. Till Sparks Conor based on size difference alone.

How exactly is he going to use said "boxing and power" against Wonderboy?

Wonderboy's kicks cover a much longer distance than Connor's left and Wonderboy knows just as well as anyone how to move in-and-out. If Tyron couldn't knock Wonderboy out, Connor sure as hell isn't either.

This is probably troll bait so I have no idea why I'm even responding.
Basic Muay Thai Till dropped Wonderboy. Conor hits him and its lights out. Wonderboy wont withstand a straight left from Conor which will land at some stage in the fight. It’s a matter of when.

Unfortuntely for Wonderboy he dosen’t have the tools to beat Conor

Conor lost to bloated lightweight Nate Diaz. Till Is a light heavyweight cutting to welterweight. Till is just as good a striker as Nate, if not better. Till Sparks Conor based on size difference alone.
Someone clearly knows nothing about mma lol

Casual fan detected

I'm just mocking this idea that Nate is some incredible grappler. I think people are listening to Rogan too much. Both Diaz brothers focus above all else on not getting finished. They don't make adjustments when they are behind and take risks. They would rather survive to the bell and claim the judges are against them.
Nate is a high level black belt along with having some of the best boxing at 155 or 170, training with guys like Andre ward, Amir khan and other world champions for years. He's trained with Kron Gracie, son of Rickson for many years as well.

Nate evolved a lot over the years, silently entered his prime and mostly gets no credit for It. still judged exclusively on fights that took place 4+ years ago

sad really, but the reality is Nate was Conor's toughest fight for a reason. He's very underrated and is very akin to peak Nick at this stage of his career

I bet if Till had won the fight, TS would have started a thread "Conor could KO Woodley and Wonderboy, but could he beat Till?"

BTW TS, he would lose to all three. He is too small to be fighting top welterweights
This size thing you guys put such emphasis on is only really when it’s a massive weight difference and the guy who weighs more is mainly a grappler. Otherwise size dosen’t make that much of a difference. At middleweight would be too big for Conor to beat anyone. But these welterweights aren’t going to beat Conor due to a slight size advantage. Especially the ones who are strikers (till and wonderboy)

Please stop with this Conor will wreck these WW posts. These two guys will make it look easy against conor, especially wonderboy will make him look silly.

Conor has a shot.

Not a very good one, but he could pull it off.

His cardio would be the biggest issue, much like with Diaz.

But if he could land at will on a tall dude like Diaz I don't see why he couldn't do the same with Till.

Woodley would be the tougher fight. Much much tougher cause of the wrestling and lack of cardio.

But yeah. It's not impossible.

Please stop with this Conor will wreck these WW posts. These two guys will make it look easy against conor, especially wonderboy will make him look silly.
It would actually be the other way around. You would be shocked when Conor knocks wonderboy down repeatedly in every exchange.

I'm just mocking this idea that Nate is some incredible grappler. I think people are listening to Rogan too much. Both Diaz brothers focus above all else on not getting finished. They don't make adjustments when they are behind and take risks. They would rather survive to the bell and claim the judges are against them.
You moved the goal post twice in this single response; the argument is over whether Nate is a great grappler, then you not only changed the subject to both Diaz brothers, but went outside the realm of grappling and into this theory of them only trying to survive once they've fallen behind in a fight.

Nate has the most submissions in Lightweight history and tied third overall (with Maia), he's a great grappler, end of discussion.

What are the chances of Conor beating DC ?

99%

DC passes out from kidney failure in the cage from making 170

The 1% is if DC falls on top of Conor and wins by submission (smother)

It would be like when they woke up Matt Hughes and told him he was the WW champ

Conor would get crushed by Till and Wonderboy lol. If pitter patter Nate rocked him with a pimp slap these dudes would send him to Narnia.

Conor would get crushed by Till and Wonderboy lol. If pitter patter Nate rocked him with a pimp slap these dudes would send him to Narnia.
Very simple way of thinking. Using mma math and not actually looking at these fights objectively and seeing how these styles match up.

Also size isnt everything contrary to popular belief of most posters on this forum

This size thing you guys put such emphasis on is only really when it’s a massive weight difference and the guy who weighs more is mainly a grappler. Otherwise size dosen’t make that much of a difference. At middleweight would be too big for Conor to beat anyone. But these welterweights aren’t going to beat Conor due to a slight size advantage. Especially the ones who are strikers (till and wonderboy)
Sorry but you're wrong. We know for a fact that power doesn't always translate up. If you think Conor can just as easily handle these guys as he did at 145, then you aren't asking yourself why did he bother to cut 25 lbs in the first place. You're also wrong about when size advantage matters the most. It probably helps the bigger guy a lot when achieving a takedown sure. But once the fight is on the ground and you are grappling, that position on the ground is where size advantage becomes less important than it is in any other area of fighting.

Back