Conor won round 8

It doesn't matter that one person gave him round 8. People make mistakes. Most people gave it to Floyd and compubox confirms it. That's all that really matters. Debating how close or not a round was seems a little pointless. Does it change anything? Not really. Show me Conor landing flush, clean punches on Floyd. You won't find many, if any at all. Isn't that curious? That should tell you all you need to know about what happened. Conor was utterly outclassed in every single way. He was even outclassed in the areas where people thought he would have the advantage. Oh, the irony.
CompuBox gets it wrong sometimes too. Furthermore, a lot of people are going to be biased towards the established boxer in a close round.

To me, there's a difference between a truly "clean, flush punch" and a scoring punch. A scoring punch may not be as damaging, but it will help you win a round, and I thought Conor had equal or more of these as Floyd in round 8. Granted, there were only a handful of truly solid shots from either man in this round, but I thought Conor got slightly the better of the action in punches overall, and had better ringsmanship. I already posted the videos from both angles, maybe I'll try to zero in on specific points in the round if anyone still cares tomorrow when I have more time.

CompuBox gets it wrong sometimes too. Furthermore, a lot of people are going to be biased towards the established boxer in a close round.

To me, there's a difference between a truly "clean, flush punch" and a scoring punch. A scoring punch may not be as damaging, but it will help you win a round, and I thought Conor had equal or more of these as Floyd in round 8. Granted, there were only a handful of truly solid shots from either man in this round, but I thought Conor got slightly the better of the action in punches overall, and had better ringsmanship. I already posted the videos from both angles, maybe I'll try to zero in on specific points in the round if anyone still cares tomorrow when I have more time.

So, where was the compubox wrong? Did Conor land more and better punches than Floyd? Because i can't see them. I saw Floyd walking Conor down and landing more and better. If you have any evidence that compubox is wrong, than just prove it. Not with a video, that actually proves you're wrong. Link me to all those great punches that won Conor the round. Show me the right second on the video where Conor lands all those clean punches that won him the round.

Conor can last 8 rounds against Floyd in boxing but Floyd can't last 1 round against Conor in MMA.

Proves that MMA is best.

A close round but Floyd won it. He landed the harder and cleaner punches and was moving forward. Conor was landing but his punches didnt have much effect

Conor won 5 rounds, should've won a decision if the ref hadn't saved Floyd via early stoppage.
You know that it was a 12 rounds fight?
Conor didn t won 5 rounds honestly but even if it s your opinion ,Floyd winning the 7 other rounds would have won him the decision lol

You know that it was a 12 rounds fight?
Conor didn t won 5 rounds honestly but even if it s your opinion ,Floyd winning the 7 other rounds would have won him the decision lol
Conor gets second wind in rounds 11 and 12. Confirmed by Paulie. 7-5 for Conor imo. That's the official result in my head because the ref was corrupt.

Granted, the Compubox stats tilt slightly toward Mayweather in that round, but I thought McGregor was more effective overall and controlled most of the action.

Judge for yourself:

Round 8 starts at 26:50 in this alternate angle view of the fight.

Round 8 starts at 38:38 in this video of the fight from the TV angle.

What do you think?

I stubbed my toe this morning.

Then I made a coffee. Black. It's very hot and humid right now which is forcing me to have to sleep in the basement where it's just naturally cool.

I gave conor the round, but didn't think much of it. Floyd had just won 4 straight rounds and taken the lead. In that situation it's pretty normal for a fighter to let off the gas a little bit, knowing that his opponent will start getting desperate.

I know who won. Floyd landed the harder punches, more effective aggression,& better defense.

Conor landed more jabs, more power punches, and more total punches in round 2.

Floyd's defense was so much better he got hit more than he hit Conor.

Back