Conor won round 8

Maybe but he lost the whole fight

The end, its over, lets go back to mma

Granted, the Compubox stats tilt slightly toward Mayweather in that round, but I thought McGregor was more effective overall and controlled most of the action.

Judge for yourself:

Round 8 starts at 26:50 in this alternate angle view of the fight.

Round 8 starts at 38:38 in this video of the fight from the TV angle.

What do you think?

Lol. WTF were you watching? Conor's punches had absolutely no power behind them and most were either landing on arms and gloves or not landing at all. The only significant punches i can see in that round that seem to have any sort of danger behind them came from Floyd. That's why he won that round. He landed more and better. Compubox only confirms the obvious.

And even if he won, which he didn't, who cares? It doesn't change anything. Conor got stopped. That's all that really matters.

Floyd landed the cleaner and more effective strikes imo. Boxing also scores effective defense so that helps for Floyd.

Conor won 5 rounds, should've won a decision if the ref hadn't saved Floyd via early stoppage.

Lol. WTF were you watching? Conor's punches had absolutely no power behind them and most were either landing on arms and gloves or not landing at all. The only significant punches i can see in that round that seem to have any sort of danger behind them came from Floyd. That's why he won that round. He landed more and better. Compubox only confirms the obvious.

And even if he won, which he didn't, who cares? It doesn't change anything. Conor got stopped. That's all that really matters.
I just don't see what you are talking about. Conor had an answer for every combo Floyd had and had some of his own. Conor had the momentum in this round.

Granted, the Compubox stats tilt slightly toward Mayweather in that round, but I thought McGregor was more effective overall and controlled most of the action.

Judge for yourself:

What do you think?

Clearly you are a Conor Nuthugger/Dick Rider.

Money Mayweather won every second of every round. He was letting Conor hit him because he couldn't even feel the punches. Mayweather could have KO'd Conor at any moment he wanted. He just delayed for a while so the fans would get their money's worth. In fact, Mayweather could have beaten Conor with only one hand.

Am I doing this right?

No he didn't. All of Conor's punches didn't do anything because he couldn't save enough energy. He gassed and Floyd walked through his punches and landed better power shots.

Conor won 5 rounds, should've won a decision if the ref hadn't saved Floyd via early stoppage.

That ref is married to the judge that scored 118-110 Canelo. They should have a fat offshore bank account for retirement now.

Once you remove the bluster of overexcited commentators getting caught up in the event and just watch the action unfold from the stands (great view, by the way) it just looks all the more worse from a Conor perspective. Punches looking so soft that referring to them as ss "punches" seems disingenuous, and landing at such a low connection rate that it now makes perfect sense why the same pro-Conor gifs/pics always feature the same two punches.

Judge for yourself:

What do you think?

Don’t be stupid. None of Conor’s punches were hard enough to annoy someone’s blue-haired great-grandma at the Golden Corral buffet line.

Mayweather was tagging him with hard straight rights without needing to set them up.

So, not only did he lose via statistical count, but he got buried if you factor in quality.

I just don't see what you are talking about. Conor had an answer for every combo Floyd had and had some of his own. Conor had the momentum in this round.

Really? So you don't see Floyd punching him in the face? Are you blind? Care to post the exact moment where Conor lands the brilliant punches that won him the round? I'd like to see them.

Compubox is usually pretty accurate. I get that you're desperate for moral victories, but my advise is just to give it up. Nobody will agree with you other than a few Conor fangirls.

If i'm wrong, post gifs of all those amazing punches he was landing. Post photos. I can't find shit. He was utterly inefective with everything he threw.

Conor's punches were pathetic as fuck. Look at those pitter patter punches to the top and side and the head, with absolutely no power. Do think you that's a proper punch? It looks like slaps from small kittens. That's not how you punch, my friend. Conor was more clueless than i thought he would be. I honestly never saw anyone punch worse than him in a supposedly legit boxing match.

Floyd only landed a couple solid shots himself. Conor's work wasn't that clean, but there were still plenty of scoring punches in the mix. And as I've said, Conor also controlled the ring in this round.

Floyd only landed a couple solid shots himself. Conor's work wasn't that clean, but there were still plenty of scoring punches in the mix. And as I've said, Conor also controlled the ring in this round.

In boxing the most important thing is to hit and not get hit. "Controlling the ring" means absolutely nothing unless you're scoring. Conor didn't control the ring at all. He was getting hit with the best punches and was unable to walk Floyd down, so i'm not sure where you're seeing him controlling the ring. Floyd was the one walking forward and landing the best shots, so by any logical definition, he controlled the ring.

Once again, no matter how you try to twist it, Floyd outlanded Conor in every round except the first 3. And in terms of power punches, which are the ones that count the most, he outlanded Conor in every round except the first two. So you can easily make an argument for Conor only winning 2 rounds. Let's also not forget that in every single round, with no exception, Floyd landed at a much higher rate, which shows that he was a lot more efficient in every round. That counts too.

In boxing the most important thing is to hit and not get hit. "Controlling the ring" means absolutely nothing unless you're scoring. Conor didn't control the ring at all. He was getting hit with the best punches and was unable to walk Floyd down, so i'm not sure where you're seeing him controlling the ring. Floyd was the one walking forward and landing the best shots, so by any logical definition, he controlled the ring.

Once again, no matter how you try to twist it, Floyd outlanded Conor in every round except the first 3. And in terms of power punches, which are the ones that count the most, he outlanded Conor in every round except the first two. So you can easily make an argument for Conor only winning 2 rounds. Let's also not forget that in every single round, with no exception, Floyd landed at a much higher rate, which shows that he was a lot more efficient in every round. That counts too.
It was a close round so I can't completely discount what you're saying, but I think you're overstating the extent to which Floyd succeeded and the extent to which Conor was inaccurate in that round. It is what it is. However, I might point out that Showtime's Steve Farhood gave Conor round 8. And the commentators explicitly mention how close the round was. I would call into question CompuBox accuracy in this round and I give the round to Conor on aggression.

Attachments

• DIc2W8tWAAAz5Ua.jpg-large.jpeg
    DIc2W8tWAAAz5Ua.jpg-large.jpeg
    556.4 KB · Views: 80
It was a close round so I can't completely discount what you're saying, but I think you're overstating the extent to which Floyd succeeded and the extent to which Conor was inaccurate in that round. It is what it is. However, I might point out that Showtime's Steve Farhood gave Conor round 8. And the commentators explicitly mention how close the round was. I would call into question CompuBox accuracy in this round and I give the round to Conor on aggression.

It doesn't matter that one person gave him round 8. People make mistakes. Most people gave it to Floyd and compubox confirms it. That's all that really matters. Debating how close or not a round was seems a little pointless. Does it change anything? Not really. Show me Conor landing flush, clean punches on Floyd. You won't find many, if any at all. Isn't that curious? That should tell you all you need to know about what happened. Conor was utterly outclassed in every single way. He was even outclassed in the areas where people thought he would have the advantage. Oh, the irony.

Back