Conor win over Aldo was a fluke

Nope, timed and practiced perfectly

SlimyReflectingAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

People still salty Aldo got shadow realmed in 10 secs (thats when his stiff corpse hits the deck) LMAO

Fuck no lol. God sherdoggers are so bad at analyzing basic style matchups. MMA has the most uneducated fan base in all of sports.

Aldo has subpar cardio, it is certainly not one of his strengths, and a rangy southpaw pressure fighter with superior boxing and good chin will molest him every time.

Conor and Max are like the antithesis of the type of fighter Aldo was built to beat.

If you land your signature counter punch - that you've used throughout your career - to land a KO blow, and you're known for KO'ing guys, its not a fluke.

If he did a apropos of nothing spinning kick and it landed ending the show it would be a fluke.

We can say its statistically rare that he would land that shot so early in the fight, but that could just be as simple as Aldo made a critical error right out of the gate by fighting so emotionally.

Aldo lost his composure and Conor took advantage of it.

Very well put.

Except that Aldo was offered a rematch.

Might be that the actual punch that knocked out Aldo was a fluke but McGregor would be the favourite in a rematch.

No. Aldo was offered a short replacement fight on 2 weeks notice. Diaz & Cowboy were the only ones who accepted while Aldo wasnt ready and Edgar was injured. That's not the same thing.

Anyone agree on this? The more I see how Conor career played out I think he was so damn lucky against Aldo. I think Aldo has the better cardio, kicks and clinch and he would easily wear Conor down with kicks and even take the fight down if he wanted.

No wonder the UFC and Conor never wanted a rematch
Bruv, 13 seconds. That is all it took to end Aldo's reign of destruction in the FW division. Conor easily got in Jose's head prior to the fight, than annihilated him. Fluke my arse

khabib win over conor was actaully a fluke. If conor came better prepared he would have gotten khabib out of there in less than 2 rounds. Khabib is too flat footed and only has takedowns from the clinch.
Khabib isn't flat-footed never was...Conor and his father both said that this was their best camp ever
his coach said that he knew Khabib is next at least 1 year before the fight

Jeremy Stephens was fucking Aldo up until that fluke liver punch.

No. Aldo was offered a short replacement fight on 2 weeks notice. Diaz & Cowboy were the only ones who accepted while Aldo wasnt ready and Edgar was injured. That's not the same thing.

Aldo wasn’t ready? Thought he said he would fight Conor anytime, anywhere?

<{hughesimpress}>

LOL...If you rush on Conor like a drunken bum you will end up ass up face down, boy. The guy is a masteful counterpuncher with unique timing. Conor got into Aldo’s head to the point of him really wanting to cause pain or even death. Perfect mental warfare and perfect outcome for McGoat.

Does a rematch goes the same way? Who knows.. imho if Aldo does the same shit it will.... if he takes his time he can put a fight but he is too worn out and stuck in the mud to beat Mcgregor....

It wasn't a fluke, it was destiny. The stars were aligned. Conor was untouchable in those days, he had everything going for him, it seemed he could've beaten anyone by whatever he wanted. When you look at it now, his rise to stardom was such a powerful thing for the entire mma scene, I will always respect the guy. Aldo stands much better chances in a rematch than back then. Conor would've won that fight anyhow, it happened in 13 secs, unfortunately for Aldo.

khabib win over conor was actaully a fluke. If conor came better prepared he would have gotten khabib out of there in less than 2 rounds. Khabib is too flat footed and only has takedowns from the clinch.

nah, being beaten savage for loads of rounds prove otherwise.

Tons of fights play out different after a first round KO.

JDS/Cain
BJ/Uno
Aldo/Mendes (same winner but competitive compared to the first fight)

In a reverse way ... Machida/Shogun. SUPER competitive first fight ... FAST KO in second.

I think Shogun has Machida's number. Despite the competitive first fight, Shogun was really the first person to hit Machida that frequently and by the second Rua made the necessary adjustments.

Anyone agree on this? The more I see how Conor career played out I think he was so damn lucky against Aldo. I think Aldo has the better cardio, kicks and clinch and he would easily wear Conor down with kicks and even take the fight down if he wanted.

No wonder the UFC and Conor never wanted a rematch

anyone that thinks that fight was a fluke is a total hater and idiot...he literally predicted a 1st round ko...how the f''ck is that a fluke...he also ko'd pourier, mendes and alves...and countless others with that exact same counter.

Aldo got baited thats all, Conor knew aldo would never get emotional again and he had no chance of beating him in a rematch.

LOL...If you rush on Conor like a drunken bum you will end up ass up face down, boy. The guy is a masteful counterpuncher with unique timing. Conor got into Aldo’s head to the point of him really wanting to cause pain or even death. Perfect mental warfare and perfect outcome for McGoat.

Does a rematch goes the same way? Who knows.. if Aldo does the same shit it will.... if he takes his time he can put a fight but he is too worn out and stuck in the mud to beat Mcgregor, imo.

Back