Conor will Vacate - There will be no defenses.

Heard it here first? This is not an original thought...

Conor's whole career has been about what offer him the most reward while avoiding all risk. Has he ever fought someone ranked below him? If everyone acted as douche as him, and a lot are now trying, the UFC really would be dead in less than 3 years. They only reason Conor got the fights he did is because others were willing to do what he isn't, give a lower ranked fighter a chance. Eddie (and DIaz) did it for the money, but every other fighter did it even though Conor was below them.

When a fighter only fights someone ranked higher than them, zero fights happen. Conor only fights when the risk is either nonexistent or so minuscule it might as well be. That's why the Diaz fights had to be at 170, so that the risk was practically nil.

Congrats to Conor for getting himself rich, but that doesn't change the fact he's been terrible for the sport and he's a joke of a champion.
Yes. Second fight with Diaz at 170 was really low risk. You are idiot.

You guys are gonna laugh at me but ill say it right now.. DONT be surprised if you see conor box oscar next. Its the most amount of money he can make in a single fight. he just made $100 million dollars, i dont think he is interested in taking a hugeee paycut by fighting anyone in the ufc. He can make an easy $50 million fighting oscar and not even a superfight vs gsp can earn him anywhere close to $50 million.

Any ufc fight he takes will be a tremendous pay cut from his last fight with floyd. Going from $100 million payday to what maybe $15 million for a ufc fight has to be really hard to do when he can earn at least $50 million with oscar and yes its a paycut but no where near as bad as it will be in a ufc fight.

flame away.
I'm not laughing at all, its very possible. Conor is a joke and he never ever defends his belt,. he just wants BS fights that make money. Oscar is only 44, people chat like he is 85, he is only a few years older than Floyd. I wouldn't even be shocked if some BS stupid fight like that happens, or the Paulie boxing match too. Conor is beyond a joke now.

You guys are gonna laugh at me but ill say it right now.. DONT be surprised if you see conor box oscar next. Its the most amount of money he can make in a single fight. he just made $100 million dollars, i dont think he is interested in taking a hugeee paycut by fighting anyone in the ufc. He can make an easy $50 million fighting oscar and not even a superfight vs gsp can earn him anywhere close to $50 million.

Any ufc fight he takes will be a tremendous pay cut from his last fight with floyd. Going from $100 million payday to what maybe $15 million for a ufc fight has to be really hard to do when he can earn at least $50 million with oscar and yes its a paycut but no where near as bad as it will be in a ufc fight.

flame away.

No flame other than:

1. Conor has his millions and never needs to fight.

2. Conor can’t box without the UFC granting him permission. So it would need to put cach in Dana’s pocket as well

Conor's "reign" as a champion will be look down upon and seen as a joke as contenders and other champions will defend the belts. Hell I consider Holloway more of champ than Conor at this point and many fans and media will soon realize it also.

You heard it here first. A vacate of the belt to him will mean he never has to worry about losing it. This is really all that matters.

Ok, I’ll be at the Holland Bar on 9th if anyone wants to rub shoulders with the dregs of society with me.
What kind of shoes will you be wearing?

I wonder how much of a pay cut becoming irrelevant is? He is screwing the fan base that got him where he is today.

You heard it here first. A vacate of the belt to him will mean he never has to worry about losing it. This is really all that matters.

Ok, I’ll be at the Holland Bar on 9th if anyone wants to rub shoulders with the dregs of society with me.
You are by no means the first person to suggest this. Only diehard Conor huggers truly believe he's gonna defend.

I wonder how much of a pay cut becoming irrelevant is? He is screwing the fan base that got him where he is today.

His fan base is fucking retarded, so he can do whatever he wants to them and they'll still buy PPV interviews or follow him on twittergram or whatever the fuck idiots do.

There are a lot of "You heard it here firsts" on Sherdog lately. It seems like they're throwing every scenario in the book out there and seeing what sticks, so they can come back and tell us how clairvoyant they are.

What makes Conor not defending even worse he didnt really earn them in the first place.

Conor was gifted the easiest fighters on the way to aldo and few of them (5 when max had to win 10 before Aldo fight).

He was gifted a 155 shot stepping over undefeated fighters who paid their dues.

So he owe fan to prove he's the best 155er - one fight does not do that.

I wouldnt mind all his BS with babies, floyds, etc if he like beat a few guys. But right now huge question marks remain.

Imagine if Lawler or Wonderboy got their hands on little conor? He would be sent back to FW

No, he will be double champ FOREVER. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Just like ronda remains undefeated because being defeated is a choice

Conor can go on womens talk shows and they'll all clap indulgently at his pitiful outlook

Just like ronda remains undefeated because being defeated is a choice

Conor can go on womens talk shows and they'll all clap indulgently at his pitiful outlook

You are taking this far more seriously than I am. Work on your sense of humor.

he needs to if he doesnt fight by 1Q 2018

Back