Conor vs Mayweather opening odds

Floyd is -752 on Bovada right now straight up so why would you take 10-1 by decision. I agree. I'm not sold on Mayweather by KO. If he just utterly dominated him to a decision win while staying the hell away from danger in the worst fight ever I can see that absolutely.

I mean, 10-1, +1000? Maybe I'm not being realistic about that.

Yeah, I know it's the biggest mismatch of Floyd's career, but that guy is truly out of this world in terms of his desire not to get hit.

Floyd is -752 on Bovada right now straight up so why would you take 10-1 by decision. I agree. I'm not sold on Mayweather by KO. If he just utterly dominated him to a decision win while staying the hell away from danger in the worst fight ever I can see that absolutely. I think Floyd is going to want to make a statement in this fight though, and he will finish Conor. If he doesn't, he loses and he knows it.

This is going to be 10 rounds, the last three times Conor made it to the 2nd round he was visibly gassed. Floyd Mayweather is going to land every punch he throws, that's a lot of head trauma to absorb for 30 minutes, man. Look at Floyd vs Arturo Gatti, Gatti was the WBC world champion and 39-6 Boxer in his prime when he fought Floyd. Conor's face won't be recognizable after 6 rounds and I doubt he makes it that far.

This is going to be 10 rounds, the last three times Conor made it to the 2nd round he was visibly gassed. Floyd Mayweather is going to land every punch he throws, that's a lot of head trauma to absorb for 30 minutes, man. Look at Floyd vs Arturo Gatti, Gatti was the WBC world champion and 39-6 Boxer in his prime when he fought Floyd. Conor's face won't be recognizable after 6 rounds and I doubt he makes it that far.

To be honest I can't watch Floyd fights they put me to sleep. If you say he knocks him out I believe you. He's risking his entire life and legacy with this fight. He's also 40 with a size disadvantage. I said that I agree with you Floyd KO's him, but who the fuck knows? Maybe he just brutalizes him over 10.

Those are some close odds, considering there are fights between two pros where the favored was -10000. This kinda goes to show just how much Conor is hyped up.

lol I mean you would have to be an idiot to bet on McGregor.... the betting should be if McGregor goes down before the 5th, after the 5th or if he makes it to the end.... that betting at least would make sense

To be honest I can't watch Floyd fights they put me to sleep. If you say he knocks him out I believe you. He's risking his entire life and legacy with this fight. He's also 40 with a size disadvantage. I said that I agree with you Floyd KO's him, but who the fuck knows? Maybe he just brutalizes him over 10.

Maybe Conor survives, it's certainly possible but it's far more likely Floyd KO's/TKO's Conor within 6 rounds and I'd guess by the 4th personally. Unless Floyd for some reason decides to carry Conor a bit. Conor is so slow by boxing standards, his cardio is so bad and his defense has never been great to begin with, he got caught by Nate Diaz ad nauseam. Conor isn't going to be able avoid Floyd's punches, Conor won't be able to land anything clean on Floyd either. Size advantage? Canelo is bigger that Conor and Floyd had 0 problem with Canelo's power for 12 rounds.

If you see Floyd vs Gatti, you realize Gatti is too slow to threaten Floyd at all and his defense is too poor to avoid Floyd's shots. The guys eyes were bludgeoned shut after 6 rounds of target practice by Floyd and Gatti is legendary for his heart and toughness. Gatti was beaten to a pulp, the fight had to be stopped. Gatti was a 39-6 Boxing Champion. Conor is even slower than Gatti, Conor's defense is even worse than Gatti's, Conor is an 0-0 Boxer who's been traveling the world as a martial artist and mixed martial artist since 16. He's not a boxer, he did some amateur boxing when he was 13-14...If Conor wanted to seriously transition to boxing he'd retire from MMA/fight out his contract and then dedicate his life to boxing, relocate to an elite boxing gym, spend countless hours sparring world class boxers, re-hone everything he does for a completely different sport, surround himself with world renowned coaches and spend 18-24 months taking fights vs opponents who are incrementally better than the last building his record up...maybe then after 18-24 months he'd be ready for the top 10 in his division. Conor I think...beneath all the bravado knows this is a cash grab and that he will most likely get humiliated...afterwards he will act respectful, compliment Floyd and then start talking about how "boxing isn't real combat, if he fought me in MMA I'd have killed him in the first round ". I wish this was a Kickboxing match honestly, I'd favor Conor in a Kickboxing match vs Floyd but at least that's interesting...Conor is going to get slaughtered this fight isn't even humane.....it's blood money.

Is that from the one where she gets hooked to the caffeine pills? Funniest shit ever. They had to have their 'addiction' episode but couldn't have her on real drugs like meth or cocaine so they went with pussie caffeine pills :)
And I'm still not convinced this fight is gonna happen, but if it does, I believe the numbers will move closer together...

The group was called "Hot Sundae"

Some bookies still have odds available for Mcgregor vs Aldo 2, does that mean that fight is going to happen? I don't think so....
when did conor ever sign the contract for that fight

There are odds up for fights that are far from official. That said, Floyd will be way more than -900 if this actually comes to fruition.

I still cannot fucking believe how many people think Floyd won't finish Conor...staggering.

If you are knowledgeable of the Mayweather/Pacquiao negotiations, you would know that at various points, Mayweather/Haymon would openly dispute that negotiation (not agreement, negotiation) even happened while Bob Arum and president of HBO flat out said they have no idea why Mayweather would even lie about that. And, they had defamation lawsuits against the other, tosses racial slurs on record against the other and made numerous promises that the fight will NEVER happen. And there was HBO and Showtime at odds. And they were making tens of millions NOT fighting each other.

And the fight somehow got done because it was too just much money.

Mayweather/McGregor's negotiation so far is a cake walk compared to that.

Will it happen? Not 100%, but I'd say way more likely than Mayweather/Pacquiao looked back in 2013 or 2014.
Fair points, I dunno. I'm not sure about the whole "too much money" argument. First, that's predicated on assuming it's a huge PPV, I'm not convinced it will do anywhere near May/PAC. I think the predictions are mostly from the MMA side. How many pure boxing fans will be interested enough to throw down $100, seems unclear to me. I think it'll max out around 3M PPV buys, and may not even do that.
I could be wrong, but I still don't think it happens.

Why are people acting like this fight will happen?

That really isn't that bad. Closer than any Cyborg or Prime Rousey fight.

there is just way too much money for it not to happen, even tho everyone realizes it's a circus people want to see it, people will pay for it

Conor - Woodley opening lines Woodley -165 Conor +135

This fight is actually happening.

Back