Conor ruined the meaning of being a champion

hmmm no MM just turned down a money fight just to show up and not fight Ray Borg lol.\

Woodley fought top contender 2 times now his not ducking anyone. Who is Woodley holding out for now ?

Only Bisping on his way out wants to make some money.

Conor is all about the money.

The *UFC ruined it.

It's the UFC's job and role to maintain legitimacy.

Everyone just wants money fights now. Conor, Woodley, Bisping, Mighty Mouse, all holding out fighting lesser competition. We no longer know who the best in these divisions is. UFC is becoming a joke

Edit: we know MM is the best in his division but i really wanted to see him fight T.J.

You ruined the meaning of humans being intelligent.

Fans complain about fighter pay

UFC makes money fights and pay fighters more

Fans complain about money fights

Maybe all the middling fighters will benefit pay-wise from this eventually. But right now a select few are getting money fights while everyone else is still fighting for peanuts.

Conor's, Nate's, GSP's, Bisping's, and Dana's pay have sure gone up though.

Well you're right that it's not the fighters fault, I agree with that, but fighters should still be fighting the best out there. In Pride they would crush cans all the time, but we still got to see the best go up against the best in between the can crushing. In the UFC, there are many fights we've been wanting to see, that we might never see with the way things are going. I blame the UFC. A fighter, especially a Champion, should fight whoever the UFC puts in front of him.

I understand the fighters reluctance to do so with the peanuts they get, that's why I'm saying the UFC should up their pay by quite a bit, and should try to refrain from cutting fighters after a few losses, that way the fighters are fighting to win, instead of fighting not to lose. Luckily between Jones and D.C. (regardless of the tainted match) we got a good fight because they had personal motivations. Between Tyorone and Wonderboy, it was just two dudes trying not to lose because they wanted to get/keep the championship belt.

At the very least, the top 5 fighters should be making decent money, instead of just the Champ, this way every challenger goes after the Champ. All theory of course. What I'm suggesting might backfire.
For the most part they are fighting whoever the UFC put in front of them

Of the 4 examples of fighters wanting money fights that were given only 2 of those fighters have actually had money fights.

When you really stand back and look at it not many "money fight" happen these days which is probably what is causing fighters to be more vocal about wanting high profile fights.

Woodley wanted Nick Diaz and GSP...Got Maia and Wonderboy instead
DJ wanted a higher payday to fight TJ...Stuck with Ray Borg instead

Nothing has really changed other than fighters being more vocal about what they want, "money fights" were happening in the era that everyone is now romanticising at pretty much the same rate they are now.

Reality hit MMA fans

Belts are a prop and help tell their story, star power sells.

Well, if Conor made you realize that gender has nothing to do with the amount of honor a person shows, maybe there was something good coming out of his shit after all.
Hey Nancy........have you ever heard of the saying "You hit like a girl"?

Pre 2017 "we don't ever see any super fights"

Post 2017 "Conor mcgregor ruined shit and gave us super fights"

U fuckin wot m8?

Nate Diaz is a "super fight" lmao

Back when fans were not conor tards super fights were suppose to be GSP vs Silva, Silva vs Jones, Fedor vs Randy to a lesser extent Penn vs GSP

Now super fight has lost its meaning.

I've been around here for quite some while and it seems like in the last few years there's been an influx of people saying titles don't mean anything

Conor didn't ruin it, he made it complicated and good did come out of it. As of right now, it is salvageable if he chooses to return to MMA and defend his belt.

I agree. Word Champion should be replaced with Conor.

Understand that you're just having a go at the majority of complainers with that statement.

The reality is top tier fighter pay has gone up however the minimum show/win hasn't changed much nor has it for the bottom half in most divisions.

I don't think you understand what people wanted.

We wanted all fighters to make more money, not just certain ones with meaningless "money" fights.

All fighters aren't making more money, just certain ones based on popularity contests. And the "money" fight only benefits the two fighters involved. No one else benefits from that...

Funny enough, the real fighters aren't making more money, it's just the loudmouth fighters. Not to mention, the money fights are holding up divisions from fighters ever getting a chance to get into title contention and end up making more money by fighting more often.

You obviously have very little understanding despite your smart ass attitude. But what do you expect from someone with Conor in their avatar. Fancy yourself an entrepreneur like everyone else who likes Conor for making money? Just another dipshit who isn't a fight fan, you're more of a TMZ fan.

I like to shit on Conman as much as anyone but UFC is pulling the strings for short term profitability over UFC reputation as a sport.

Conor didnt pick his easy road past all wrestlers when UFC is 70% American wrestlers and Europeans typically suck against them. Dana did. Dana let him have TS quickly while Max had to win 11 times in a row. Dana let him skip over all LW some undeafted for LW TS. Dana let him do it after losing to gate keeper DIAZ. Dana let him keep FW and LW titles a year healthy and not defend anything. 6 mo for a baby lol.

Edit and woodley is the man. He's fought everyone they asked him to. 3x now defended against #1 contenders. Sure he bitched along the way and wanted money fight. Nothing wrong with asking. Bigger problem is getting everything. Makes ppl question the champion and sport.

Last edited:
Everyone just wants money fights now. Conor, Woodley, Bisping, Mighty Mouse, all holding out fighting lesser competition. We no longer know who the best in these divisions is. UFC is becoming a joke

Edit: we know MM is the best in his division but i really wanted to see him fight T.J.

he definitely wasnt the first one.

It's not Conor wanting to fight Nate it's Dana and WME trying to cash in on the most interest which would be fine if didn't hold up the fucking title.

No god damn way does Nate Diaz deserve to be anywhere near the LW title.
Come on man let's not pretend the title always not been a joke.
They made the division just for Jen's because they were jealous of Japan. They had a God damn temper tantrum when Jens defeated BJ Penn. And when BJ went to a draw with Uno they said f*** the entire division.
But not before making an announcement that Josh Thompson and Yves Edwards was going to be for the title then change their mind.
But that only happened because Jen's set screw you guys I'm going home and took the title with him because the UFC was trying to strong arm him lol.
the only reason that Championship has any legitimacy at all was because BJ Penn got up and left the
UFC and made a snuff film with the fireball kid
Who was considered to be the best LW on the planet
And then BJ proceeded to beat the s*** out of a couple above-average Fighters then eventually lost to Frankie Edgar in one of the most disgusting decisions in history. Then after doing the same thing he lost it to Benson Henderson. Then Henderson should have lost his title on three separate occasions. To Frankie Edgar Josh Thompson Gilbert Melendez.
Then Anthony Pettis won it and was injured for like 3 years.... I assume you know the rest of the history.

Anyways the entire point of this was titles mean nothing. It's just shiny thing to put on a poster.

Back