Conor ruined the meaning of being a champion

Everybody's coming over to my side, JOIN ME
Lol, hey buddy, love your posting, but nobody is heading over to your side, the next ufc that will be a big deal is when McGregor fights and the public won’t care that some belt is on the line or not. The only people coming over are internet posters you can count on two hands and half of them are trolls

Not just the money fights aspect, but also making trash talking 'cool'... making it cool to disrespect one another for drama purposes... preferential booking and treatment (Even Dana admits to this)...shortcuts to title shots, etc

This was always going to be a short-term game that produced significant long-term issues

Lol, hey buddy, love your posting, but nobody is heading over to your side, the next ufc that will be a big deal is when McGregor fights and the public won’t care that some belt is on the line or not. The only people coming over are internet posters you can count on two hands and half of them are trolls
I'm only half being serious. I know it's a tiny trickle and won't turn into a big thing

Actually he made it better. Guys were being lame. Fight. Defend. Repeat. BORING. I want to maximize value. Give me super fights and fantasy matchups. I'm PUMPED about gsp vs mike
I wish we could see cm punk vs shamrock

Give me lesnar vs deontay

I'd watch Dana vs my dad

Which shamrock?

Conor vs lesnar. Book it.

Everyone just wants money fights now. Conor, Woodley, Bisping, Mighty Mouse, all holding out fighting lesser competition. We no longer know who the best in these divisions is. UFC is becoming a joke

Edit: we know MM is the best in his division but i really wanted to see him fight T.J.

You are aware that these guys fight for a living, right? The UFC just sold for $4 billion. The fighters should have been getting paid a lot more YEARS ago.

Good for Conor - showing them how its done.

You noob McHaters don't remember (or weren't around) for when guys like Couture got title shots at different weightclasses coming off 2 fight losing streaks, 1-1 Brock Lesnar getting a title shot, Nick Diaz getting a title shot coming off a loss, etc...this has ALWAYS been the UFC way. Doesn't have shit to do with Conor.

I hate this new breed of fight fan they're more like anti fight fans and celebrate and praise whatever the man/woman says & does, than how and when he/she fights...?

Last edited:
you either die a hero

or live long enough to see yourself become a villain

The word interim has been around a long time. So have money fights. Preference fights. Ducking. Bj's ww debut was for a title. His next ww title shot was coming off a loss (after holding up the division). Randy lost at lhw before a title shot at hw. They had a win tuf win a title shot for 2 weight classes. The only thing new is the fame Conor has now. You guys complain on one side about fighters having no leverage and complain on the other the second they exert any. Most title fights go to deserving contenders. Woodley certainly has.

Neither of those champions takes risks like fighting 2 weigh classes above or in another sport. And MM is doing the opposite, staying in a weak division.

Fans complain about fighter pay

UFC makes money fights and pay fighters more

Fans complain about money fights

Paying a specific fighter more does not equal paying fighters more. Quite the opposite - the existing of a few popular-contest super stars lowers the value of other fighters.

Pre 2017 "we don't ever see any super fights"

Post 2017 "Conor mcgregor ruined shit and gave us super fights"

U fuckin wot m8?

Dude, you're talking about Conor facing Nate Diaz, nothing Super about that, or any retired old guys cashing on former glory.

Why don't all you whiners go and make a gofundme page so you can create a fan-owned fighters league, with a league table and points given for wins/draws etc.

Prizefighting has never worked like that before, it has always been about the big money, showcase fights. So I'd be interested to see how your league system works out.

This is you OP;

giphy.gif

That's not even an argument, nor is he crying about it. He is bringing up a legitimate topic. You'd figure that you, yourself, as a fan, want to see the best fighters duke it out, but I guess not. WWE drama is more important to you, perhaps you were projecting with that GIF.

How dare fighters see Conor being paid (somewhat) fairly for putting his health at risk for entertainment purposes and want the same

Go back to killing each other for peanuts please
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Is that what you're getting from this thread? I think the UFC should pay their fighters more regardless if they're a HUGE draw or not. They're getting peanuts as it is, unless they're GSP, Conor, Jones, Brock Lesnar, etc

As someone indifferent towards McGregor... I thought his die hard fans were obnoxious.

His haters have taken the torch and run with it. Just seething with rage thinking about him 24 hours a day.

Tell me you actually give two flying fucks about a belt.

Sad but true.

It's funny that a 115 pound woman is the shining example of what it means to be a champion.
Remember........ Holly put her belt up for grabs, and went to sleep against Misha. That same card Conor tapped like a bitch, in yet another fight he did not put his belt on the line in.
Another female fighter, with more honor than McG.

I'm only half being serious. I know it's a tiny trickle and won't turn into a big thing
I’m just daydrinking since it’s my birthday, sorry haha.
I felt the tone of your post, just blurted out my response anyway

Remember........ Holly put her belt up for grabs, and went to sleep against Misha. That same card Conor tapped like a bitch, in yet another fight he did not put his belt on the line in.
Another female fighter, with more honor than McG.

Well, if Conor made you realize that gender has nothing to do with the amount of honor a person shows, maybe there was something good coming out of his shit after all.

Back