Conor McGregor vs. Anthony Pettis

lol

Now Pettis has to go to Europe and fight on some sad ass Fight Pass card just to please Mr. Taisumov?

Here's a solution: First, Taisumov gets his visa shit in order. Then he beats a top 10 opponent, and maybe makes weight while doing so. If he does that impressively, maybe he gets to main event a small card somewhere.

If he does all that, he can call out a former 2 time world champion for a big fight and if he's lucky, maybe Pettis accepts. And if he doesn't because maybe another fight offered is a better option style wise or money wise, who the fuck are you to accuse him of ducking?

He's fought in Canada twice and Japan as well. So he's clearly not afraid to fly.

He doesn't have to travel to Taisumov at this point. The point is he ducked him twice in the past.

Are you a fight fan, or a Pettis nuthugger only? Because Taisumov is clearly one of the biggest waste of talent in MMA right now, and of no fault of his own. He's had opponents pull out, opponents refuse to fight him, and for some God darned reason the UFC keeps trying to schedule him to fight in the US even though he's had Visa issues in the past already.

Even with all that Taisumov has won 3 Performance of the Night bonuses. That tells you how good he is. He's better than Conor when it comes to that fist of his. He is wasting away, when he could easily be a Top 10 or Top 6 contender.

He's fought in Canada twice and Japan as well. So he's clearly not afraid to fly.

He doesn't have to travel to Taisumov at this point. The point is he ducked him twice in the past.

Are you a fight fan, or a Pettis nuthugger only? Because Taisumov is clearly one of the biggest waste of talent in MMA right now, and of no fault of his own. He's had opponents pull out, opponents refuse to fight him, and for some God darned reason the UFC keeps trying to schedule him to fight in the US even though he's had Visa issues in the past already.

Even with all that Taisumov has won 3 Performance of the Night bonuses. That tells you how good he is. He's better than Conor when it comes to that fist of his. He is wasting away, when he could easily be a Top 10 or Top 6 contender.

Like I said earlier I am not even a Pettis fan. I just don't like the way people throw around the term ducking. How the fuck can a former champ that has been fighting top 10 fighters for the last 10 years be ducking somebody that Sherdog (or the fucking UFC for that matter) don't even rank top 15. Just because he called him out? Bullshit

Book it. I'd love to see it. Personally I'd like to see Pettis vs Gaethe more, but whatevs..

Like I said earlier I am not even a Pettis fan. I just don't like the way people throw around the term ducking. How the fuck can a former champ that has been fighting top 10 fighters for the last 10 years be ducking somebody that Sherdog (or the fucking UFC for that matter) don't even rank top 15. Just because he called him out? Bullshit

He was offered Taisumov twice, and refused to fight him both times. That's how.

Why don't you tell me what's ducking then?

Well duh, he's not Top 15 because none of them will fight him so that he can be ranked. Fighters nowadays love to cherrypick. Look at what Zabit's had to face. Yair has been running from him.

He was offered Taisumov twice, and refused to fight him both times. That's how.

Why don't you tell me what's ducking then?

Well duh, he's not Top 15 because none of them will fight him so that he can be ranked. Fighters nowadays love to cherrypick. Look at what Zabit's had to face. Yair has been running from him.

Maybe

Or maybe you just have a hard on for Taisumov.

Because the guy is a clearly talented striker and fighter, and wasting away of no fault of his own.

He can't get into the States, that is why his career is stalling. Now I don't know why he can't get a visum, but it probably is his own fault.

He can't get into the States, that is why his career is stalling. Now I don't know why he can't get a visum, but it probably is his own fault.

Who gets Visas is completely arbitrary, otherwise a third of the world population would be moving to the States. The guy has traveled all over the world, all over Europe, Singapore and Brazil. Not everything is someone's "fault".

Who gets Visas is completely arbitrary, otherwise a third of the world population would be moving to the States. The guy has traveled all over the world, all over Europe, Singapore and Brazil. Not everything is someone's "fault".

Like I said, I don't know the reason. But the UFC usually has some pull. There are some people that have done some very shady shit or from very shady places fighting in the UFC. They all got visa. Why can't he? He's just really, really unlucky?

Give me a break

<Dany07> LMAO so Conor only fights champs & never defends belts, my bad Conor claimed he was stripped of his belt and wasn't defeated. For all intense purposes that fight could be perceived as Conor's first title defense. Don't matter if Pettis is not a champ neither is Conor they both top 10 fighters in the LW division and that's the only thing that should matter when you both pro fighters.

Pettis is also a former champ, so yeah I'm ok with match up

It's 'intents' not intense. But I'll assume that was just autocorrect ;)

Like I said, I don't know the reason. But the UFC usually has some pull. There are some people that have done some very shady shit or from very shady places fighting in the UFC. They all got visa. Why can't he? He's just really, really unlucky?

Give me a break

You're making the most wild assumptions, and then me telling to give you a break? Yeah, sometimes it IS a person being unlucky. He can't get fights scheduled outside of the US either, that's being unlucky as well even though he can clearly fight on those cards.

There's a lot of guys I wonder "why aren't they being scheduled for this Europe/China/Brazil card?" all the time. Some fighters are just being horribly managed by the UFC, and Taisumov is one of them.

Pettis is too mentally weak, he doesn't like to get hit so he covers up a lot and he can't stop himself from backing up to the fence when pressured. Easy Peasy win for Conor.

814891812.0.jpg

"They said you have to earn a title shot lol"
It'll have been over 8 and a half years between Brock's last win and his being eligible to fight Cormier for the heavyweight title

..yeah, Conor's just fine, apparently.

Pettis is also a former champ, so yeah I'm ok with match up

It's 'intents' not intense. But I'll assume that was just autocorrect ;)

I had to go back and see who I replied too I thought it was you..? Hell yeah! I say fight Conor needs a break from real tough guys not saying he's not tough just the opposite he's a former champ still very dangerous Conor should jump on that Tony would be further embarrassment.

Damn it! intense, intents, you all know what I meant... (good catch though)

<36>

Conor TKO’s him in the first and does so very easily.

Pettis doesn’t have anything to offer moving backwards. He struggles with pressure fighters with superior boxing.

Take away Anthony’s kicks, force him to fight at a closer range and he’s in trouble. Especially against somebody with Conor’s caliber of striking.

Conor haters again. He’s going to lose every single fight, isn’t he? Anybody saying Pettis wins is either another simple Conor hater or they just don’t know any better.

Conor would fuck Pettis up.

Very winnable fight for Conor. He has better chance vs. Pettis than vs. Lee, Barboza, Iaquinta, Tony, Gaethje.

I had to go back and see who I replied too I thought it was you..? Hell yeah! I say fight Conor needs a break from real tough guys not saying he's not tough just the opposite he's a former champ still very dangerous Conor should jump on that Tony would be further embarrassment.

Damn it! intense, intents, you all know what I meant... (good catch though)

Word it'd be a fun fight to watch. They both have a good 2.5 rounds of full blast in em.

Back