Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather Jr. Boxing Match in the Works

I like the Warriors. They became my team when The Sonics left.
But i was a big Jordan fan so i want the Warriors to lose. Cant stand them winning 73 games. Just dont feel they are that good.
Denver Broncos fan for football, Seattle Mariners fan for baseball.

I like the Warriors. They became my team when The Sonics left.
But i was a big Jordan fan so i want the Warriors to lose. Cant stand them winning 73 games. Just dont feel they are that good.
Denver Broncos fan for football, Seattle Mariners fan for baseball.
Well you can probably guess where I lived in the US, I want OKC to move back to Seattle and I don't mind the Mariners. Ichiro hit a base hit off a ball that bounced so I can't have hate, haha.

At the combine. I thought he had a sub 4.5 time outside of the combine, but I might be wrong.
I wouldn't argue. There was a story that he asked first day at Tennessee what the record for the vertical leap was and the coaches said don't worry about it, if you break it you can take the day off and he put his hand through the ceiling tiles.

Him and Adrian Wilson got leaps.

Matt Jones was a freak athlete if anyone remembers him. He washed out of the league due to drug problems. 6'6'', 240 pound receiver who ran a 4.3 forty yard dash and had a 40 inch vertical.

Matt Jones was a freak athlete if anyone remembers him. He washed out of the league due to drug problems. 6'6'', 240 pound receiver who ran a 4.3 forty yard dash and had a 40 inch vertical.

Don't recall his 40 being that low, but I do remember a lot of buzz around his combine numbers in tandem with his size.

Don't recall his 40 being that low, but I do remember a lot of buzz around his combine numbers in tandem with his size.

I think it was actually 4.37, which is still incredibly fast for a guy with that size. He had a coke problem iirc.

Conor is going to be on sportscenter tonight, wonder if he has any type of announcement to make.

The combine for the NHL always amuses me. Many of the guys who do the best never even get a sniff at the big time (Eichel was a rare exception last year as he was a beast in almost every category and an elite hockey talent) and then you'll get guys like Patrick Kane who can't do a single rep on bench press or Sam Bennett who can't even do a single chin up and their stocks aren't impacted, at all. I don't think the NHL combine has ever done much to affect the outlook that scouts have on a player. It seems like a pointless event, altogether.

The combine for the NHL always amuses me. Many of the guys who do the best never even get a sniff at the big time (Eichel was a rare exception last year as he was a beast in almost every category and an elite hockey talent) and then you'll get guys like Patrick Kane who can't do a single rep on bench press or Sam Bennett who can't even do a single chin up and their stocks aren't impacted, at all. I don't think the NHL combine has ever done much to affect the outlook that scouts have on a player. It seems like a pointless event, altogether.

Hockey seems like more of a skill sport to me. I'm sure there are great athletes in the sport but it seems like skill can trump a lot of it.

I think it was actually 4.37, which is still incredibly fast for a guy with that size. He had a coke problem iirc.

With his size anything under 4.5 is enough to raise eyebrows. Similar to Calvin Johnson's numbers in an even bigger frame.

4.13 allegedly. He ran 4.18 officially later that week so I believe it. Apparently some dude ran 4.12 this year.

Kovalevs Man Boobs inspired me to use teh search engines

I have that effect on people. You are a fine researcher and a true scholar.

Hockey seems like more of a skill sport to me. I'm sure there are great athletes in the sport but it seems like skill can trump a lot of it.

Yeah, it is. Also, both Bennett and Kane were/are great skaters, and Bennett is actually a pretty physical player. I mean, someone like Gretzky was a better pure athlete than he sometimes gets credit for, but what made him an exceptional talent was his mind.

Yeah, it is. Also, both Bennett and Kane were/are great skaters, and Bennett is actually a pretty physical player. I mean, someone like Gretzky was a better pure athlete than he sometimes gets credit for, but what made him an exceptional talent was his mind.

Skating and the balance that comes with it takes a good amount of athleticism I'd say. I always thought skating was incredibly difficult, those guys can stop on a dime and change direction without losing balance, it's impressive.

With his size anything under 4.5 is enough to raise eyebrows. Similar to Calvin Johnson's numbers in an even bigger frame.

He broke the all time scoring record as a high school basketball player in Arkansas as well. Too bad guys have demons that kill their careers.

Rugby players aren't the athletes that they have in the NFL, that's all the reason why you have to wear pads. You can't have a man the size of Warren Sapp smashing into a person like Peyton Manning he'll just die or even a little ass running back like Sproles.
I think recently a couple rugby players came over to the NFL I'm pretty sure one couldn't really hack it and the other one I think maybe a second-string guy

Rugby players can't be that big, their sport involves a lot of running, and not just start stop sprints. NFL players would have a heart attack trying to run the distances forwards cover in Rugby. The rules of American football allow for these giants to play because of how stop start it is, Rugby is much more free flowing and relies on cardiovascular attributes as well as speed and strength. I'd love to see some of the giants play rugby against the all blacks. Your athletisicm is only getting tested to an exent when you constantly stop and recharge, playing a full Rugby game and having to still make tackles when you are exhausted is a true test of all round athletic strength.

This does not mean they are better, it's an explanation as to why NFL has bigger guys, if Rugby needed them, I'm sure they'd get them. The different formats completely change the type of athlete needed.

4.13 allegedly. He ran 4.18 officially later that week so I believe it. Apparently some dude ran 4.12 this year.

Kovalevs Man Boobs inspired me to use teh search engines

I remember some people making noise about Walter Dix breaking 4 seconds in the 40 yard dash a number of years back. Never looked into whether it was legit or not.

I remember some people making noise about Walter Dix breaking 4 seconds in the 40 yard dash a number of years back. Never looked into whether it was legit or not.
Never seen that, Kovalevs man sack will google it for us.

Joey Galloway supposedly ran in the 4.1 range at OSU's pro day back in the day.

Back